RC10B4

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jayman24
Approved Member

RC10B4

Post by jayman24 »

I am looking at one on my local craigslist for $100.

I dont know if this belongs here, if not Ill delete and move.
I figured it might, as its an AE buggy.

I want to get into the buggy class, as I'm already running the short course. I've been out of the racing world for almost 3 years.
I think its worth what they are asking for it. But what I want to know is if I put a brushless system in my truck, and put the brushed system in the buggy (12t) What kind of performance am I looking at? Probably better than say a 20t. I was watching IFMAR world 91 on youtube, I dont know what kind of motors they were running back then in buggies but they were really fast. So I figured the 12t setup in the RC10B4 would be pretty good. I do understand that the performance of brushed motors goes down each time they are run, I'm just trying to get into another class. And have at least two decent RC's to race. Essentially, I want to become a better racer. Not the best where I'm traveling all over the world, as I have kids. But Id be happy to finish 2nd to 5th.

Im open to all comments, concerns, criticism, ball breaking, etc. :)

Thank you for your time!

adam lancia
Approved Member

Re: RC10B4

Post by adam lancia »

jayman24 wrote:Im open to ball breaking, etc. :)
Well you came to the right place!!! :lol: :lol: Just messin' with ya :)

Sounds like a good place to start off with. A 12 turn brushed motor is going to need to have the comm skimmed ever other run more or less, especially if you're running a LiPo battery (extra voltage = extra wear). That being said, if you've still got some brushed motor maintenance equipment then it's probably a good start until you can save up for a decent brushless setup. There are lots of used second and third generation ESC's out there to be had pretty cheap, along with lots of off brand sensored motors, it might surprise you how cheap you can get into brushless after a little looking around. rctech.net is a great place to look for deals like that, lots of equipment turnover as lots of the guys there are racers and always upgrading. I have yet to buy a new ESC or motor and currently have 4 ESC (3 LRP's, 1 Tekin RS) and 5 motors (LRP X12's mostly) all for less than $450. Just have to keep your eyes peeled for a deal when it comes along.

delsami
Approved Member

Post by delsami »

12t will give you more than enough power. i get two full days out of a motor before i cut the comm. brushed motors offer plenty of performance, its all I run. brushless is near zero maintanence, that is all.
xxx,lunchbox,blackfoot,t4,2 rc10ce's,rc10 graphite,rc10 worlds car,2 rc10 t's,xx4---GONE:mip4wdrc10,rpm worlds,houge rc10,super clod,sand scorcher,f103,frog,xxxt,b2,b3,tc3,jrx2,fox,yr4-m2 usa,yz-10 many more LOL

jayman24
Approved Member

Post by jayman24 »

I have the brushless setup now. I went with a Hobbywing Xtreme Stock ESC and a Novak Ballistic 17.5t motor. My truck screams now. And the people at my local hobby shop said I could swap the 17.5 internals out for the 13.5 internals for outside racing.

I figured the brushed 12t would be enough for that buggy, I was watching buggy races on youtube and they were running 20, 27 brushed. The 27's were fast. I'm still thinking about purchasing the buggy. Its a damn good deal, but I have to drive a ways to get it.

Thanks for your input! Its much appreciated!