It starts, my kid's first RC!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Johnboy72
Approved Member

It starts, my kid's first RC!

Post by Johnboy72 »

Thanks to klavy69, my son now has his very own RC truck. I put together an Emaxx a couple of years ago that was an Army Marcbot but he never had the chance to enjoy it as we needed more stuff like batteries, charger, etc. Well we borrowed a 4wd Slash and let him race to see if he likes it. Well after a little trading, we got him a NIB RC10T4.1. So excited to have him take it down to the track on sunday. Have to order some springs and Losi Slider tires for it. But I'm just happy to see him excited.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: It starts, my kid's first RC!

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

You've done it now lol you will haft to spend twice as much now lol.Have loads of bonding time dude hope yall enjoy.DON

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:You've done it now lol you will haft to spend twice as much now lol.Have loads of bonding time dude hope yall enjoy.DON
X2 on this. Let us know how he does.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

delsami
Approved Member

Post by delsami »

hmmm, losi sliders......sounds like some carpet racing??? if so, grab some front arms or rpm fr end!

the last 3 years, i have broke two parts. both times it was my t4 on carpet. those 2 x 4's are mean. i like tubes!
xxx,lunchbox,blackfoot,t4,2 rc10ce's,rc10 graphite,rc10 worlds car,2 rc10 t's,xx4---GONE:mip4wdrc10,rpm worlds,houge rc10,super clod,sand scorcher,f103,frog,xxxt,b2,b3,tc3,jrx2,fox,yr4-m2 usa,yz-10 many more LOL

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Dirt oval actually, he's skipped out last week...I think RC is battling PS3 right now. Might have to swing down to another track which is offroad, might peak his interest a little more.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Please delete, he officially quit racing. I guess the PS3 is more important. Actually another factor is he doesn't like to sit still...so a 1 1/2hr ride to track and a few hours at the track isn't working for him. Wonderful! Wish I would have seen this coming before trading off my stuff. AGH. Anyone need a RC10T4.1? lol.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

That's a real shame mate - not totally unheard of (unfortunately). There is just so much more to compete with R/C these days.

If he doesnt like to sit still - what game on earth is he playing on the PS3!!! :lol: :lol:

Either way - does the off road track have any younger guys that you could kind of pair him up with. These young kids these days, if they stick with the hobby, a RAZOR sharp on the reflexes because of said gaming consoles.....

Good luck either way mate

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Yeah, there was a handful of kids his age. He's shy and I can't take a cattle prod to him. Now my 4yr old and 2yr old, different story....the 4yr old has an interest in everything while the 2yr old is all about anything mechanical!!! So there's some hope for racing in the future!

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I'd give it some more time before I sold it.

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

do you have a small backyard track or the ability to make one? maybe if you could make a designated practice time together for a few minutes each day it may help.

from a kids eyes he may be seeing it like this.

rc racing - only happens once a week for a few hours at a track with bunch of loud grownups ranting and raving. since he is a novice it will take a while before he even stands a chance against the other novice. if he smashes up the truck too bad dad may get upset.

ps3 - play the games you ant when you want and if you die just restart from a save point. so unlike turn marshaling there is no real danger. also this is something he knows and can stay in his "safe" zone.

i have been working on molding my son who is now 7 years old to be a racer. we started doing throttle and steering control sessions last year by setting up an obstetrical course through the house for practice. his challenge is to make as man laps around without hitting anything. sadly it didn't take him very long to prove he is going to ea better driver than i ever have been.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Well I'm in Fort Drum, NY so it's winter. I live on post so no, don't see me building a track anytime soon. I think I'll just remove the electronics and throw them in my Blitz for the short course class. The stock brushed stuff didn't do too bad, I swept the class but only due to me staying smooth and out of trouble. I was big time underpowered. Then I'll let the T4.1 sit. There's a Street Stock class using stock B4. So maybe in the future I can swap someone chassis or just convert over.

Zedmaster
Approved Member

Post by Zedmaster »

Good job on the first RC for your son! My daughter is only 3 months old, but I hope to help her build one in 10 years or so (if they still make kits... :( )...