My first rc10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jchoy

My first rc10

Post by jchoy »

IMG099.jpg
My first ever rc10 fresh off of craigslist. not sure what direction i wanna go with this yet. Any fresh ideas guys? And yes its on my kitchen table lol, its my work bench for now.
Chris,

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: My first rc10

Post by klavy69 »

looks like a great canidate for a good cleaning and resto. Whats the bottom look like? If the bottom is as clean as the top that would make a nice lookin original build shelfer...and thats a rarity for me to say that.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

jchoy

Post by jchoy »

IMG102.jpg
Not too bad. has some road rash back by the motor and on the ncose plate,but it is an A stamp car i learned today :P
Chris,

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

that looks like a really nice preserved lightgold pan. Clean white parts and doesn't look beat all too badly. Its yours to do what you want with but that would be a nice example of something I would put a nice body with a retro paint scheme on. Search out some new rubber and call it a shelfer that you take out to run mildly once in awhile. Just my opinion anyway. thanx for sharing 8)

Todd

jchoy

Post by jchoy »

Thanks man ,i think im gonna do that and get somthin else to run around with,I hate too mess with it too much i dont wanna tear it up runnin it arround :cry: .I was gonna go bl lipo with it just to mess around but i think il get somethin else for that now. Chris, tulsa oklahoma
Chris,

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

Chris, tulsa oklahoma,
that would be a good idea if you have the ability. Only reason why I say that is by the time you go brushless on this one is I would change out that 6gear for a stealth so you could upgrade the topshaft/slipper assy to a b4. Change out the front end for a wide front end (arms/turnbuckles). again, these are my opinions if you were to go brushless on it for a bare starting point. If this was pretty modded up or thrashed pretty bad I wouldn't have any problems running it the way it was but I have a soft spot for these narrow front arm cars with the light gold anodizing. I'm sure someone will come in and throw some opinions in besides me...hopefully :wink: .

Todd

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

Thats a very nice car! Those light colored gold pans are hard to find in good condition unless your name is Ruffy! :wink: I would clean it up and shelf it. There are many not so nice cars that can be had for cheap that would make for a better runner.

Nice find!

jchoy

Post by jchoy »

Thanks guys. i almost cant stand to look at it on a shelf i wanna take it out and play so bad . :cry:
Chris,

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

just invest in some chassis tape and take it easy, you can still run it around.

pj81

Post by pj81 »

I just pulled out 3 of these and am gonna go original for one of them and set one up for the track. Here's a pic of one after I cleaned and put it back together.

What's the scoop with Andy's suspension kit? Is it a lift?

I am open to ideas and resources to locate parts and will trade any extras I have to folks looking for something special - thanks and I am new to forums so if this is in the wrong place please advise and I will try my best to get going in the right spot.

thanks

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

jwscab wrote:just invest in some chassis tape and take it easy, you can still run it around.
pry the best thought yet on it.
pj81 wrote:I just pulled out 3 of these and am gonna go original for one of them and set one up for the track. Here's a pic of one after I cleaned and put it back together.

What's the scoop with Andy's suspension kit? Is it a lift?

I am open to ideas and resources to locate parts and will trade any extras I have to folks looking for something special - thanks and I am new to forums so if this is in the wrong place please advise and I will try my best to get going in the right spot.

thanks
welcome pj81 to the madness. First thing to do would be to read thru here:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=154
after that you'll find all kinds of info you need on this board along with all the info there is here on Andy's stuff.

Todd

jchoy

Post by jchoy »

I cant look at this thing on a shelf. when i get access to the bst. section prob just put it on there so it can go to a good home where some one will get more out of it than me.prob trade for somthin that i can race at the local track and not worry about tearin it up
Chris,

pj81

Post by pj81 »

Thanks! I saw that and am just new to sites like this