Kyosho Maxxum FF running

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MrBeno
Approved Member

Kyosho Maxxum FF running

Post by MrBeno »

Hi All, New here and my first post and I hope I can contribute well to this forum. I know it is my first post but this last weekend I finaly got my Kyosho Maxxum FF from the late 80's running on the road again a few days ago. Next time I think I will update the battery/charger and maybe a new controller, however she ran pretty decent except for electronic issues but what else should I expect from the electronic parts made over 20 years ago, I was shocked the battery ran that long.

Enjoy. I will be on the other brand boards in RC10talk as well showing the old cars off and some new live video footage. My others vintages are JRX-T. RC 12L, Tamiya Fox & Falcon and the Newman Porsche 956. Cheers and enjoy. And let me know if you have any questions about the Maxxum.

[youtube]q_X_I6Cf-vc[/youtube]

Constant

Re: Kyosho Maxxum FF running

Post by Constant »

Most of the Kyosho stuff is not as collectable to average joe, simply because they were racing machines by nature. Racers are not 'enthralled' by details and scale representation....and thus dont collect, ergo the cars arent collected as much.

I share your interest in so far as a FWD buggy is unusual, I like unusual. But to me the buggy looks like any other UFO type buggy on the market, past or present.

Kyosho that is collectable?? Try the nostalgic series....an incredible array of AWESOME looking cars. Hobby Center had the Ford GT40 ......and they decided it would look FANTASTIC in luminous pink......I weep at the sheer ignorance...

You and I have the same fixation for FWD.....I might be acquiring another FF01...just because..

breck
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Maxxum FF running

Post by breck »

Constant wrote:Most of the Kyosho stuff is not as collectable to average joe, simply because they were racing machines by nature. Racers are not 'enthralled' by details and scale representation....and thus dont collect, ergo the cars arent collected as much.

?? He didn't ask anyone if Kyosko was collectable. :?

Kyosho is easily #2 after Tamiya - (Arguably #1 one in my book) Actually if you do your research you would find that Kyosho beat Tamiya and Team Associated to the RC seen in 1970. They had many "scale" RC's as well - Kyosho will probably be #1 if Tamiya keeps re-releasing everything that was sought after back in the 70/80's. Team Associated / RC10 has a relatively small following as they were just "racers" :D - No one car impacted racing like the RC10B1. Kyosho Ultima beat the RC10 2 years (1 for sure?) in a row in the late 80's. The Optima killed everything when it was released etc. etc.
My Little Collection is Here