YOUR BEST THING EVER ...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

YOUR BEST THING EVER ...

Post by longboardnj »

THIS CAN BE ANYTHING.. rc or non rc.. i thought this would be cool to see what everyone likes best and maybe we can get some cool stories too... my best thing is my 2006 yamaha banshee ..

growing up i always told myself before yamaha discontinues the banshee (atv) i will buy one new in crate (no punks messing with it on the showroom floor and id build it myself),in black and then mod it the way i want .. 2006 yamaha said that it would be the last year for the banshee .. i went to buy one and everyone told me dont do it..get a new high tech "race" atv with electronic "fool" injection...they are cool but anyone thats ever riden a banshee knows nothing compares to the feel you get from that 2stroke twin.. well about $8000 later i have a 2006 yamaha banshee, all black, special edition(bought it in crate :D ), with all the mods i wanted... top that off with the memories of riding the banshee with my dad were great .. he would ride my 400ex id ride the banshee and we would trade sometimes.. i still remember weeks before he passed away the talks we had about how exciting it was to ride the banshee.. the best thing i ever bought ...
Attachments
2006 banshee.jpg

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Re: YOUR BEST THING EVER ...

Post by LTO_Dave »

Beautiful Banshee! My brother used to have one with some decent mods...I think it was a 370+ when he was done. And you're totally right about the power! I used to follow him on my dad's Warrior just to hear the DynoPort 2-into-1 pipe and smell the race gas. :mrgreen:

Here's my baby...a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Special Edition. I promised myself that I would own a new IX after I couldn't save up enough money in time to buy a new VIII, which slowly disappeared from dealer lots.

After trying to obtain a cheaper RS edition through several local Mitsu dealers without any luck, I began looking online. A few months later I found a Tarmac Black Pearl SE on ebay in the state of Washington. I hit the Buy It Now button and called the dealer to make a down payment over the phone. A few days later after the paperwork was complete, I arranged to have the car shipped to PA using Dependable Auto Shippers for about $800 to keep the miles low. From what I've read, there weren't very many of these cars with this particular color and trim combo produced. The car is now almost six years old an has about 1,600 miles on the ticker. :mrgreen:

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

thanks.. Beautiful Mitsubishi Lancer...my uncle has a silver Lancer mr with work done and a guy i work with had a silver Lancer mr with work done also... i took a ride in the one with the guy i work with and it was way too fast for me (high speed) .. thing was doin 120 mph so fast i was scared we were goin to crash... im more of a naturally aspirated 0-60mph kinda guy but i also like and respect cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer..... oh and the "1,600 miles on the ticker" thats awesome to have a car with such low miles..

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

It would have to be my 1974 Datsun 260z that I have been working on. Been wanting one since the 5th grade. If i practice shifting more and hook up the tachometer i would be able to drive it alot better but the motor is apart right now.

(Right click pics and open in new tab, they are videos)

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Lots of fun toys here guys. Longboard, those banshee's are insane. I Used to ride a yz465 and currently ride a cr250 so i agree with you, there is nothing like riding the pipe of a two stroke bike.

So here is my most fun thing, A 2005 honda CBR 1000rr.

This bike represents to me the freedom i got when my ex split

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

I sense a trend occuring.....

This is my beloved Honda Integra (Acura Integra in the US) Type R;

Its a late 2000 model.... so one of the last of the UK models, I brought it last year with only 27000 miles on the clock, its also fairly unique amongst UK domestic Integra's in that its free from rust - most seem to be suffering our damp/salty road conditions.

Its the 2nd Integra i've owned having previously owned a 1998 car - with the number plaque #18 so one of the very first in this country - Japan had the Type from 96 onwards. I always regretted selling this car, so when I saw the 2000 model up for sale I couldn't resist!

For me there's nothing like going for a blast in an Integra..... balancing the throttle as you negotiate a tight twisty british country road, then opening up the fairly small 1800cc engine round to 9000rpm as you exit the corners, great steering feel & 'snickety' tight gearbox.... it maybe fwd but its damn capable & fun :)

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Yes, a trend. And a good one! :mrgreen:

If I had to choose it would be this 1967 Pontiac Lemans that was this year's birthday present from my wife. :shock: It was to replace a 66 Lemans I had when we were first dating nearly 30 years ago. Sadly we had to sell that one. She got hold of my best friend and they engineered the surprise. I will keep it forever. It has a 454 Chevy motor, new exhaust new bucket seat interior and very, very little rust. It also came with the original manual. We're getting ready to paint it to be ready for next year's cruising season. The wheels will be changed out eventually to something I like better. We also purchased a his & hers shifter and will switch it to floor shift.
Attachments
DSC00592a.jpg
DSC00620a.jpg
DSC00608a.jpg
Gary

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Great pics, I'm also sensing a full size car theme here.

Mine is my 1980 BMW M535i. I've owned it 8 years, the longest I've owned any car. It's chassis #18 out of 1400 produced mostly by hand at BMW Motorsport from BMW 5-series shells pulled from the standard assembly line. This was the early period of BMW Motorsport, producing not only the factory race cars, but special versions of the standard BMW cars. Now that BMW M-cars are very successful, they're produced on a standard assembly line in far greater numbers.

My car needs a full body restoration to fix rust and sloppy paint, but I rebuilt the engine in '05 with JE pistons and some other goodies, and have tracked down nearly all of the rare parts the car was missing when I first bought it. Now the biggest hit of all will be the bodywork and paint (taking it to a bare shell) one of these days... It is fun though, rude and crude compared to modern BMW's. Crank windows, no a/c, not much sound deadening, and it's a true euro so the gauges are in Celsius and KM and dash controls are in German.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

8)

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Wow y'all have a lot more expensive tastes than I do. :shock: Especially Reg! Congratulations though! :D

I'm serious when I say my ipod Touch. Holds tons of music, takes photos and videos, surf the web along with tons of apps and games. It's a constant source of entertainment and truly portable. My work phone is paid for so I don't need an iphone, but I use ATT mifi for my internet so I'm always in a hotspot. Anyway, you guys may want to get yourself one for Xmas. It's literally my favorite of all my toys! :mrgreen:

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

My 2010 Camaro. It only has 3,660 miles on it and I plan to keep it forever.

My Second best would have to be my motorcycle. 1996 Kawasaki ZX-9R owned it since it was new. I told my girlfriend(now wife) to keep me from buying this bike because I could not afford it. Then I got a $1.00 raise an hour and I could afford it. She did try to keep me from buying, but I had to have it.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

GN3b.JPG
Although I love my 1986 GN--which doesn't need much in the way of restoration, but I have plans to do some horsepower upgrades--my '70 Charger would definitely be my favorite car. It's pretty much all there; I've tracked down most of the hard-to-find parts I'll need to properly restore it, the body is pretty straight, the 383 Magnum doesn't have a lot of miles on it since it was rebuilt...the one thing holding it up is I need to have some rusty floor-pans cut out and new ones welded in (already have the new pans). I gutted the interior and already restored most of the interior parts, they're ready to put in after the pans get welded in and heat-shielding & carpet are installed. Other than the welding, I can do the rest of the interior myself.
Charger.jpg
The other thing I love is my main drum kit. It's a set of mid-80's Sonor Delites, high-end German-made drums. I stumbled upon them via a random search for "sonor" on MusicGoRound.com, a used music instrument online store, seeing them advertised for a ridiculous $1499--they're worth more than 3 times that much! I loved the Metallic Marine finish, which wasn't too popular back in the day and is probably the rarest finish for the Delites. The kit included a matching, very rare 14 x 6" snare--almost nobody bought Delite kits with snares, let alone the deepest size available. The snare might just be the highlight of the whole kit--playing it is like a musical orgasm. :P

Even better, I managed to track down a matching 8" tom, and after about 2 years of patiently searching and contacting every Kijiji/Craigslist/eBay seller I saw who had Delites, asking about a 16" floor tom, I managed to score a matching floor tom. The kit is 8/10/12/14/16 with the aforementioned snare and 22" bass drum. The cymbals are a dynamic mix of modern and vintage, the highlights being a new Zildjian 21" ReZo Ride and vintage early 60's 22" Zildjian Swish.
Attachments
Delites1.jpg
Delites2.jpg
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

My favorite thing and by far the best thing I've ever accomplished is my daughter. Followed by my old bike I had to sell, a 1993 Yamaha FZ1 with a lot of R1 engine parts installed. It was a beast and I loved that thing.
Aspen trick or treating.jpg
Aspen and I on the bike.jpg
Abby with trophy and car.jpg