Finally, the official Futaba FXT thread

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

R6cowboy

Re: Finally, the official Futaba FXT thread

Post by R6cowboy »

Just seen this yesterday evening. Opened box but unassembled FXT kit. I did not bid, have too many already. Curious if anyone here on the forum won the auction.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231103_135009_eBay.jpg
-Jerry-

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I didn't know about it or subsequently win it but that's how mine is. Open box but never built. Thanks for posting the screenshot to give a general idea of the going rate. I plan on eventually building mine which means it will likely never get done. :lol:

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Think I have 5 of the 7 of mine built, two or three with electronics, but only have two MCI repo bodies. Need to add progress and pics to this thread.
-Jerry-

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

The body is the reason why I want to build mine. It's custom painted by Motion Graphics who were a big deal back in the day.

For reference:
https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=17968

Delorean
Approved Member

Post by Delorean »

R6cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:59 pm Just seen this yesterday evening. Opened box but unassembled FXT kit. I did not bid, have too many already. Curious if anyone here on the forum won the auction.
The seller thought it was complete, when I looked at the pics though, it appeared to be missing one of the major drawcards of the FXT..... The wheels though they may have been there and I missed them

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Delorean wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:51 pm The seller thought it was complete, when I looked at the pics though, it appeared to be missing one of the major drawcards of the FXT..... The wheels though they may have been there and I missed them
Before I just took a quick glance and didn't take a good look because I had no interest. Now that I look at it, if the pictures indeed do show everything they have, I feel bad for whoever paid nearly $520 (including shipping and taxes) for an obvious incomplete kit. No wheels and no suspension parts is what I see right away.

Edit: After reading the description, it does say all parts included are pictured and they believe the set is complete. I have to assume the seller was fishing for a sucker, or they're completely oblivious themselves. And seller has 100% positive feedback.
-Jerry-

Delorean
Approved Member

Post by Delorean »

R6cowboy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:05 am
Delorean wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:51 pm The seller thought it was complete, when I looked at the pics though, it appeared to be missing one of the major drawcards of the FXT..... The wheels though they may have been there and I missed them
Before I just took a quick glance and didn't take a good look because I had no interest. Now that I look at it, if the pictures indeed do show everything they have, I feel bad for whoever paid nearly $520 (including shipping and taxes) for an obvious incomplete kit. No wheels and no suspension parts is what I see right away.

Edit: After reading the description, it does say all parts included are pictured and they believe the set is complete. I have to assume the seller was fishing for a sucker, or they're completely oblivious themselves. And seller has 100% positive feedback.
Yeah whenever I read "I believe it is complete" I become a bit wary and look closely because you're right, it's either the seller is unaware (I haven't looked at what they've previously sold) or yeah its fishing for a sucker and they've put the disclaimer on there to get themselves out of trouble should there be an issue after the sale.

mikesofunny
Approved Member

Post by mikesofunny »

R6cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:59 pm Just saw this yesterday evening. Opened box but unassembled FXT kit. I did not bid, have too many already. Curious if anyone here on the forum won the auction.
The Ebay find is indeed a complete kit, yes expensive, but less than I've seen them go for, and I've been looking for one for years.

Notice the box top has written on it in permanent marker "$10" :| What do you want to bet someone picked this up at a garage sale!?

Either way, I'm ecstatic to have this old kit. My first ever Tamiya build as a kid was a Stadium Blitzer, so you can see why this will fit SO well next to it on the shelf.
FXT.jpg

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I'm happy for you, and the fact it was indeed complete! I feel it didn't go for as much as it should have due to there being concerns over its completeness. I think you got a pretty good deal. :)

Completed auctions show another in the same condition was listed for $600 or best offer in September. It shows it sold for that price but I'm not sure if it actually did. I don't think eBay discloses the price sellers accept on best offer items any longer, and just shows the initial price. I'm not positive though. Either way, you paid less.

soldfxts.png

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

mikesofunny wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:35 pm The Ebay find is indeed a complete kit, yes expensive, but less than I've seen them go for, and I've been looking for one for years.

Notice the box top has written on it in permanent marker "$10" :| What do you want to bet someone picked this up at a garage sale!?

Either way, I'm ecstatic to have this old kit. My first ever Tamiya build as a kid was a Stadium Blitzer, so you can see why this will fit SO well next to it on the shelf.

FXT.jpg
That's awesome and relieving to see that it is indeed a complete kit. Also nice to see a member here got it. I don't think I'd have it in me to build a new kit, I'd probably leave it unassembled in the box on the shelf. The FXT was my first hobby grade RC, and I hoard them like folks here have hoards of vintage RC10s. This kit is the 2nd FXT I've passed on that I've seen for sale since 2019, because I bought my last and final one in September.
-Jerry-

mikesofunny
Approved Member

Post by mikesofunny »

R6cowboy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:51 pm That's awesome and relieving to see that it is indeed a complete kit. Also nice to see a member here got it. I don't think I'd have it in me to build a new kit, I'd probably leave it unassembled in the box on the shelf. The FXT was my first hobby grade RC, and I hoard them like folks here have hoards of vintage RC10s. This kit is the 2nd FXT I've passed on that I've seen for sale since 2019, because I bought my last and final one in September.
I wish I had a bunch of them! I'm a big proponent of build one, display one. I have a lot of stuff that's one to drive, one to display, but I always build at least one. I enjoy seeing them on the shelf, showing them off, and of course building. If I had 3 or more of something, I'd keep one NIB, that just doesn't happen often. This one will get built all original, box art, and it'll put a big smile on my face. :D

Delorean
Approved Member

Post by Delorean »

mikesofunny wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:35 pm
R6cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:59 pm Just saw this yesterday evening. Opened box but unassembled FXT kit. I did not bid, have too many already. Curious if anyone here on the forum won the auction.
The Ebay find is indeed a complete kit, yes expensive, but less than I've seen them go for, and I've been looking for one for years.

FXT.jpg
Great news that it's complete!! well done!

mikesofunny
Approved Member

Post by mikesofunny »

Finished the build minus the body, used all new/very good electronics, all Futaba, as per the box. Enjoy!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
I haven't decided if I'm going to tackle the body or have a pro do it. Not a terribly difficult scheme, but I'd hate to mess up.