1983 1/12th Euros (Oct/Nov 1983 Model cars)

The place for digital versions of race reports from various sources.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

CAT3K
Approved Member

1983 1/12th Euros (Oct/Nov 1983 Model cars)

Post by CAT3K »

Here's a race report from the 1983 euro champs held in Milan Italy.

Paul.

Jirka
Approved Member

Re: 1983 1/12th Euros (Oct/Nov 1983 Model cars)

Post by Jirka »

Thank Paul!

Could we have the "Finals Results" sheet as a separate pic or the first page as close as possible to 250MB.

Jirka

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

Jirka wrote:Thank Paul!

Could we have the "Finals Results" sheet as a separate pic or the first page as close as possible to 250MB.

Jirka
The writing really is tiny even with the magazine in front of me :D

Here's a closer image, hopefully it will be easier to read.

I wonder what the "offensive words" were on Finn Gjersoe's bodyshell. So bad that they got him disqualified :shock:

Paul.

gjersoef

Post by gjersoef »

Hey guys,
its a long time since the Milan Euro 83, and we were young and hot headed. The danish contingent had arrived a day early and we were denied acces to the purposebuildt track where the italians were practising. We got upset:-)

The writing on my car bodyshell was the F word, and since i now have the opportunity i apologise to Italians in general.

My car was fast and so was I, and I have since enjoyed working with many italians.

Finn Gjersoe

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

gjersoef wrote:Hey guys,
its a long time since the Milan Euro 83, and we were young and hot headed. The danish contingent had arrived a day early and we were denied acces to the purposebuildt track where the italians were practising. We got upset:-)

The writing on my car bodyshell was the F word, and since i now have the opportunity i apologise to Italians in general.

My car was fast and so was I, and I have since enjoyed working with many italians.

Finn Gjersoe
congrats finn! any picture's of your panther still sir? 8)

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

gjersoef wrote:Hey guys,

Finn Gjersoe
Hi Finn, great of you to post :)

I think we were all young and hot headed once, and i think far worse is done these days :lol:

Do you still race?

gjersoef

Post by gjersoef »

Sorry, no digital pictures of my Panther car, to early for that. I left racing in 1985 when i graduated mech engineer and started working. I wrote a small book of chassis tuning and car setup (in danish) and had Ole Harder publish it to be distributed for free among the danish racing community. I have heard that it is still in use on scandinavian race tracks today. Many of my opinions about caster/camber/toe in, weight distribution and much more was captured and is difficult to find information on in most books on RC racing.

I raced 1/12th with Parma equipment and 1/8th with Serpent. Since ive now entered this forum i better go watch the next danish RC race:)

Have fun and juice up those batteries and engines!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

gjersoef wrote:Sorry, no digital pictures of my Panther car, to early for that. I left racing in 1985 when i graduated mech engineer and started working. I wrote a small book of chassis tuning and car setup (in danish) and had Ole Harder publish it to be distributed for free among the danish racing community. I have heard that it is still in use on scandinavian race tracks today. Many of my opinions about caster/camber/toe in, weight distribution and much more was captured and is difficult to find information on in most books on RC racing.

I raced 1/12th with Parma equipment and 1/8th with Serpent. Since ive now entered this forum i better go watch the next danish RC race:)

Have fun and juice up those batteries and engines!
Any link or chance of a scan of this book? 8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken