Reedy SC450 BL system

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fastang
Approved Member

Reedy SC450 BL system

Post by fastang »

Just bought a Reedy XP SC450 brushless system and am having problems with it and hope you guys can help. I hooked it all up per the instructions and tried to calibrate it and it wont calibrate for some reason. The instructions say to hold throttle open and then turn on speed control and there should be a series of beeps and a solid red light and 6 green flashes. Whats happening is it beeps 3 times and the green led flashes nonstop. No red led comes on at all. I tried it several times and nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Motor wont run forward or reverse.

The instructions and the reedy website don't have any trouble shooting unless I missed it on the web.

Thanks for any help!

kdog

Re: Reedy SC450 BL system

Post by kdog »

The 450 is a good esc for the $ but takes patience to program. And the directions are not that great. 1) Transmitter on. 2) Trigger to full throttle. 3) ESC on. 4) RELEASE throttle to neutral. 5) Full brake. 6)back to neutral.

This is when you should start the happy beeps that indicate you have calibrated correctly. After a 5 sec delay, you enter the settings mode for throttle profile, braking, reverse etc. Once you start, you have to go through all the settings. Not something to do if you are rushed or in a noisy area.

Once you get used to the beep sequence, its pretty easy. Good luck.

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

fastang wrote:...Whats happening is it beeps 3 times and the green led flashes nonstop. No red led comes on at all. I tried it several times and nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Motor wont run forward or reverse.

The instructions and the reedy website don't have any trouble shooting unless I missed it on the web.

Thanks for any help!
This sounds kinda like what was happening to me... I called up Team Associated for help, the tech said to try "reversing" the throttle (channel 2, servo reversing switch), and... it worked! It's been working great ever since.

So, try reversing the throttle... :mrgreen:
-dldiaz

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

dldiaz wrote:
fastang wrote:...Whats happening is it beeps 3 times and the green led flashes nonstop. No red led comes on at all. I tried it several times and nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Motor wont run forward or reverse.

Thanks for any help!
This sounds kinda like what was happening to me... I called up Team Associated for help, the tech said to try "reversing" the throttle (channel 2, servo reversing switch), and... it worked! It's been working great ever since.

So, try reversing the throttle... :mrgreen:

That is exactly what I needed to do. I took it to a lhs and we messed with it for an hr. I was about ready to leave and he said for shits and giggles lets try to reverse the channel and wouldnt you know it it worked! I drove it all day monday with no problems.