New member with an RC10.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mindwarp
Approved Member

New member with an RC10.

Post by Mindwarp »

Hello all. I've been reading the threads here for the last few days and found the site so useful that I decided that I should register. I'm in Ontario Canada and have been playing with hobby grade rc for about 4 years now and love it.

I acquired an RC10 on eBay a while ago and I'm currently fixing it up. Below are some pics of how I received it. I stripped it down and gave it a nice bath. I thought I had done a pretty good job getting the whites white, however after seeing the results people are getting with the peroxide soak technique, I think I'm going to do that. :lol:

Originally what I wanted to do was strip the anodizing and paint it but that was before I realized that this vehicle is considered vintage and it might not be a wise move. It's funny, when I bought it I didn't know it was a 'vintage' rc. I just thought it looked cool. It's only after searching around that I saw that RC10's have a following. The thing is, is that I don't build shelf queens (not that there's anything wrong with that! :lol: ) . If I'm going to spend some serious money on something, I'm going to use it! :mrgreen:
Attachments
RC10 used
RC10 used
RC10 used
RC10 used

Ruffy
Approved Member

Re: New member with an RC10.

Post by Ruffy »

Thats what I do with two of mine. Check out the Gold Runner link in my signature. I race mine in a stock-form Team car/Championship edition style and only added new brushless speed controller and 8.5 turn brushless motor,
Here's one of mine going at it against a B4 in the mod class locally.

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

That's a great action pic Ruffy! Those gold anodized shocks look great, any tips on where I can buy some?

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

ebay is the only place I know of.

shirochanwrx
Approved Member

Post by shirochanwrx »

eBay, or once you have enough posts here, they come up for sale every once in a while here in the B/S/T forum ("buy sell trade").

just a warning though -- the B/S/T is not some treasure trove of vintage parts. much of it came from eBay in the first place, and frankly, eBay is the first place most of the people on this forum would look for something like gold shocks too.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Hello and welcome. I am willing to bet this won't be your last RC10. It will not take much time to gain access to the bst. There are a lot of great people on here with some really great parts. :D
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

Thanks for info regarding parts and yes, I also think that this won't be my only RC10. :lol:
My local hobby shop guy hadn't even heard of an RC10 gold pan much less stock parts for it so I guess I'll be checking ebay out alot more :o

vintagercfreak

Post by vintagercfreak »

Welcome aboard! There are lots and lots of useful information on the forum! Hence, the reason why I signed up! :o

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Mindwarp wrote:Thanks for info regarding parts and yes, I also think that this won't be my only RC10. :lol:
My local hobby shop guy hadn't even heard of an RC10 gold pan much less stock parts for it so I guess I'll be checking ebay out alot more :o
Wow, that doesn't give a lot of credit to the hobby shop. I don't care what year he might have been born, if R/C is your business you should know what the RC10 is. :roll:
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

fordtransman
Approved Member

Post by fordtransman »

Mindwarp wrote:Thanks for info regarding parts and yes, I also think that this won't be my only RC10. :lol:
I went into a local hobby shop to get e clips... its amazing how little help there is...or knowledge. It took them 15 minutes to find a misc. bag of various sizes of e clips... none of them black..and in a Traxxas bag. I asked them if they had any old RC10 parts laying around in the attic.. The guy said "The old RC10 is really old"

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

:lol: Oh they had lots of parts, if you like Traxxas :/

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

I have come to grips since getting back into the hobby that Trax"ass" has a big following. What I don't get is that there are very few Traxass at our track that is not part of Hobby Clown. Missing the boat I would say.

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

Ruffy, what wheels/tires do you run on yours?

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

I use B2-B3 2.2 wheels front and rear mainly, I still have plenty left over from my years racing for Associated Electrics many, many moons ago! These were the wheels we last ran on the tub cars before we went to the B2 then the B3 buggies. To run them in the back I use the B2-B3 universal axles and flanged bearings ($1.00 each from bearing places) that are 3/16" ID (inside diameter) and 5/16 OD (I believe) so that they fit the normal rear hubs. This allows me to run the car with the stock inside suspension mount and the stock outside hubs in the back which seems to handle the best.

Tires, I still use the old front tires mounted since the 90's and also new "old" front tires, mainly proline ribs and edges. In the back I use Proline Holeshots most of the time, and also use the Losi M2000 x tires and JConcept Double Dee tires from time to time. The Proline Holeshots seem to give me the best traction with just enough side bite and great wear.

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

Image Thanks dude!