RC10GT RTR Spur Gear Help

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

nastety92

RC10GT RTR Spur Gear Help

Post by nastety92 »

Good afternoon all. I'm new to the forum my name is Nick. I have a RC10GT RTR that has been converted to brushless.

I'm in the process of finishing the build and I need some spur gear help.

I have plenty of spare spur gears but I'm looking for the hardware that attaches to the spur gear and the slipper clutch parts. Right now when the spur gear is installed it will not rotate completly even but once the spur gear and all of the hardware is off the shaft rotates perfectly.

Here is a picture of the old layout in my RC10GT. I'm in the process of completing the new setup with a new battery box and new esc/receiver mount.

Thanks for the help,
Nick
RC10GT Brushless MM ESC, Figeao S motor, 2/3s Lipo
CRT.5 w/RC-Monster Extended Chassis, VXL electronics right now

67falcon

Re: RC10GT RTR Spur Gear Help

Post by 67falcon »

sounds like you have something binding or too tight. I wouldnt force anything because you might break it. A magnifying class and a light really helps when inspecting or looking for issues. Good luck, I am interested in what you find. Oh you could have a local hobby shop look at it too.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

does the slipper assembly wobble all by itself, or do you only see it when the spur is mounted?

nastety92

Post by nastety92 »

scr8p wrote:does the slipper assembly wobble all by itself, or do you only see it when the spur is mounted?
I actually do not know this answer. I want to say it's just when the gear is mounted, or that is just when I can see it more.

My plan was to buy some new parts then go from there. I just can't find the parts anywhere.

Thanks for the help,
Nick

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

if you have other spur gears, just put some other ones on to see if they wobble. if not, it's the spur gear you have on it now. also, it could be that your spur gear screws are too long, and they're bottoming out on the inner hub when you tighten them, cocking the outer one.

nastety92

Post by nastety92 »

scr8p wrote:if you have other spur gears, just put some other ones on to see if they wobble. if not, it's the spur gear you have on it now. also, it could be that your spur gear screws are too long, and they're bottoming out on the inner hub when you tighten them, cocking the outer one.
Thanks for the help I will take a look at it tonight with a new spur gear and see if it still wobbles. I was thinking at first that the small spring was causing this issue seeing that it is not complete flat on the end.

I also noticed when I took it all apart that something has been rubbing together on the back side of the metal part that attaches to the spur gear. I will take some pictures tonight and post them up so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks again,
Nick

nastety92

Post by nastety92 »

Here are a few more pictures of the truck and a picture of the gear hardware, it looks like something was rubbing. I just ordered all new parts last night.

Almost done with it, just waiting on some more parts and I need to finish the front suspention as well. I just got some 2s and 3s Turnigy batteries so it should be much faster now.

Nick