New look for an old dog........

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bent
Approved Member

New look for an old dog........

Post by Bent »

Some of you may remember this car others not so much. I have had this one on the shelf for a while and just couldn't stand to look at it no more so I got busy on it. I tore the transmission apart and completely cleaned and re greased it. I did the same with the shocks tear down, clean, rebuild. I was going to redo the bearing in the bell crank but after a lil cleaning they seem just as good as new. I added a axial battery strap to hold the 3300 in, but still have to strap it to the chassis. Inly thing left is new wheel bearings and axle pins, and of course paint.

So here it was when I got it.

Then it went to this, no special mods just a new body and electronics.

Then I added this body.

And now the full transformation!

So now I have to decide what kinda paint scheme I want to run I plan to save and have it done this time no work by me on this round. Here is a couple I have in mind lemme know what you think. If you have a suggestion post it up.

You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

SteveK
Approved Member

Re: New look for an old dog........

Post by SteveK »

I like the last one. Paint the wheels too, to look like beadlocks and wheel covers like some dirt oval guys run.

I was just looking through some old RC Car Action issues, the McAllister modified/outlaw stocker bodies were sweet, I think he still makes them. Those with some 1.6" wheels would look awesome.

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

If you can get a pic of the old RC Car Action page that has that body up on here I can check and see if he can make one.

As far as the last one I am not allowed to use it long story there. Short version I dont want no problems.

How ever I am one step ahead of you on the wheels. Just have to paint the beadlocks.

You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

Best I could find in a quick search. RCCA trimmed all the full-page ads out of the scanned magazines on their site, but these are most of them. The body that comes in the conversion kit is the coolest one.

I'm sure he still makes all of them, even if he doesn't have them on the site. I got a couple truck bodies from the early 90s no problem, and they are like $13 each.
Attachments
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled 2.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

He does still make one as long as the mold is still good. Last time I talked to him about one of these old bodies thats what he told me. He is a great guy to deal with me and my brother has bought a bunch of bodies from him in the las 14-15 years. I just like to have a picture so that their is no confusion as to which body I want. ya know.

:shock: WOW :shock:
These are very nice body's when you look at the enlarged picture.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

Best picture I could get with my iPhone.

The Luminator is the body in the photo.
Attachments
IMG_0819.JPG

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Cool TY.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Ok I know this is old and forgotten but I don't wanna start a new one just for my car. SteveKMe and Garry did alot of talking and such before this season and before I moved and lost the internet, had it not been for the 2011 rules for the series I was running I would have bought one of them bodies. Garry said and I think I have mentioned this, that all of the old bodies are still available as long as you have a part number, and the mold hasn't been messed up.

Here is how the car turned out.

I later found out that this "outlaw Camaro" was indeed and out lawed body and was not usable for the 2011 season so I purchased this one and added decals to it.

The car worked good but I always seemed to have issues when It was race day. I would literally practice for days on my course the car would be perfect when I pulled it and bagged it for race day. I would set the car on the track and like magic here come the problems.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!