Stone Soup RC10?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Stone Soup RC10?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I thought this would be kind of interesting. Maybe we can build a “Stone Soup RC10” and auction it off to support the site? Just for fun we would have rules. Those two things don’t normally go together, but in this case they do. We will need a reliable/capable member to put it all together(clearly not me). Someone who can clean up and assemble our buggy. We can decide upon this member thru open discussion and volunteers. Someone in the continental US would be a plus. You’ll see why after reading the rules.

1. Any member can donate only one part or set of parts(I.e. a-arms, hinge pins, etc…)
2. The member donating the part will cover shipping to the assembler. It’s just easier that way.
3. The first volunteer with the part is chosen even if a better part comes along.
4. All part donations are done thru posts. No p.m.s
5. The parts can be beautiful or ugly(it’s mostly for fun anyway).
6. Winner pays shipping. That will make it easy on the assembler.

As things progress we can make parts requests as necessary. Until then everyone can just post up. We won’t ship anything until we decide on an assembler. If anyone has any suggestions please post up! We’re looking for a complete roller. If interest is high we could have one pretty quick, if interest is low it could take years. I’m interested to see. The assembler will have complete freedom to modify parts as they see fit as long as they are the parts that are donated.

I will start with this chassis. It’s a little worn, but in the right hands could be very nice. I think it will be more fun with the least amount of NIP parts possible.(ignore the other parts on the chassis. That project is dead.)

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Re: Stone Soup RC10?

Post by LTO_Dave »

I love this idea! I'll sort through my things and see what I can donate.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Awesome, fun idea! I have stuff to donate as soon as we find out who's going to build it!

In case anyone is in the dark about Stone Soup:

The Story of Stone Soup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, somewhere in post-war Eastern Europe, there was a great famine in which people jealously hoarded whatever food they could find, hiding it even from their friends and neighbors. One day a wandering soldier came into a village and began asking questions as if he planned to stay for the night.

"There's not a bite to eat in the whole province," he was told. "Better keep moving on."

"Oh, I have everything I need," he said. "In fact, I was thinking of making some stone soup to share with all of you." He pulled an iron cauldron from his wagon, filled it with water, and built a fire under it. Then, with great ceremony, he drew an ordinary-looking stone from a velvet bag and dropped it into the water.

By now, hearing the rumor of food, most of the villagers had come to the square or watched from their windows. As the soldier sniffed the "broth" and licked his lips in anticipation, hunger began to overcome their skepticism.

"Ahh," the soldier said to himself rather loudly, "I do like a tasty stone soup. Of course, stone soup with cabbage -- that's hard to beat."

Soon a villager approached hesitantly, holding a cabbage he'd retrieved from its hiding place, and added it to the pot. "Capital!" cried the soldier. "You know, I once had stone soup with cabbage and a bit of salt beef as well, and it was fit for a king."

The village butcher managed to find some salt beef . . . and so it went, through potatoes, onions, carrots, mushrooms, and so on, until there was indeed a delicious meal for all. The villagers offered the soldier a great deal of money for the magic stone, but he refused to sell and traveled on the next day. The moral is that by working together, with everyone contributing what they can, a greater good is achieved.
Gary

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

if i could make a suggestion, being as though the mods have already been through this process before (rc10 raffle a couple years back). make a complete parts list of everything that could possibly be needed. as someone says that they have such and such a part, put their name along side that item (or multiple items). this way everyone knows what is still needed and what is already taken care of in one post.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

I nominate RC10JOHNNY to do the building,DON

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:I nominate RC10JOHNNY to do the building,DON

I second that.
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Got a few honey-dos outside today. I'll try to start a list that we can update later. That is a pretty good idea.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Got a few honey-dos outside today. I'll try to start a list that we can update later. That is a pretty good idea.
or you could find the thread that scr8py was talking about and snag that list.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I think I have an stock Edinger motor in decent shape that I could add. I'll watch to see where to send it. :wink:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

If Johnny's up to the task that's fine with me. If not, any volunteers? I can do it if not. Any one have access to an easy parts list? I searched the site with no luck, then went to the net, but there are really no easy copy/paste lists. I started typing one, but what a pain in the arse! When we get a builder and parts list we can start a nice new clean thread. It can be here or in the BST. Whatever the mods prefer.
Ken

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

i have a new rc10 trimmed unpainted body and wing i will donate or a new trimmed viper body
Paul

cyclepsych0
Approved Member

Post by cyclepsych0 »

This is a great idea! I'm definitely willing to donate! Can't wait for the list and to see who's assembling the car! 8)
"Relax. Alright? My Old Man is a television repairman....... Got this ultimate set of tools... I can fix it!!" - Spicoli

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I got an Airtronics 102 just dying to jump onto the build.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

I have a front and rear shock tower for it!

lpddpd
Approved Member

Post by lpddpd »

I have a stealth case and top shaft. Just tell me where to send it.