10L wheel dimension

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Seabass
Business Member

10L wheel dimension

Post by Seabass »

I need the dimensions of the front and rear wheels on the 10L? I am about to machine a set of aluminum wheels and I sold my 10L before I got measurements.

I need the outside diameter of the front and rear wheels. I also need the off set of the wheels as well. The inside diameter of the rear wheel opening that goes over the hub will be needed as well. I will get the rear wheel bolt pattern after I turn the rear wheels. I am not certain I can make a set of wheels, but I am going to give it a go. We will see how they turn out.

Jake

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Re: 10L wheel dimension

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

If you need any other dimensions just let me know. These are based on BSR rims.
Attachments
10L TIRE DIMENSIONS.jpg

rooster
Approved Member

Post by rooster »

cool, turn me set too...

R_

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Dang man, I didn't expect drawings like that. Thank you very much. I have never turned a set of wheels but the principle of the job is pretty simple. Of course I don't have a 10L anymore so what ever I come up with will be offered out to you guys or sold on eBay. Of course that is if I can actually machine a set.

Jake

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

or two,
pretty please

:P :wink:
Paul

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

MIKE VALENTINE wrote:If you need any other dimensions just let me know. These are based on BSR rims.
Mike, I studied the drawings and they are perfect. I do have a question on the front wheel. I see the .050 lip on the outside of the wheel, is there an .050 lip on the inside as well? I am assuming these wheels take flanged bearings?

Jake

MIKE VALENTINE
Approved Member

Post by MIKE VALENTINE »

Yes the BSR rims take flanged bearings. You don't need to make the .050 feature, just make sure the offsets and the distance between front bearings is as shown and you won't have any issues mounting the rims on any 1/10 pan car.

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Well setup problems have stalled this project. I ran one wheel and got crazy chatter from my boring bar. The finish is the worst I have ever acheived and it was actually pretty depressing. I need to find some time to figure out what the problem is, so this project is on hold.

I am however in the market for another 10L. I am eyeing several at the moment. Mike, I won't need anymore measurements cause I am going to have another 10L soon. I just need to make a deal on one.

Jake

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I have my boring bar figured out but my machine does not like boring and it is taking forever to get the right size. Becuase I am persistent, I am going to continue making a set of wheels for my 10L I just recently got.

I am going to write the program to run these on a CNC lathe much larger than my machine and the machining time will be cut down drastically. I have access to a CNC lathe which will cost me nothing to run. If I can get this going I may have some aluminum wheels for you guys.

I will post further updates when I get my wheels finished. I may be able to get one of my wheels done this weekend so i can post some pics. Stay tuned.

Jake