rc10 with some upgrades

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

62 bugzilla

rc10 with some upgrades

Post by 62 bugzilla »

I built this rc 10 out of stuff I had lying around and tried to keep it old school with some performance upgrades since it isn't a shelf queen I wanted it dependable. About the only modern upgrade is the rpm rod end cups since they hold way better than the stock hard plastic associated ones .IMO It also has andy arms in the rear.
I also always like the look of scale looking tires so I had some bfg mud terrian look alikes that I narrowed the fronts and used that center peice to widen the rear. They look good and work will too. It does have a stealth trans and I found some beefy dogbones in my misc box that work well. It has a 19 turn (I'm in the middle of rebuilding the stock associated motor) motor and a novak m5410 (I think thats the #) . I control it by a airtronics xl2p since I raced in 84' I had that same controller for my rc10 then it brings me back. I love these cars and like I say I had one new when they came out and always wanted one like the one I raced and this is close. Hope you like it.

fastang
Approved Member

Re: rc10 worlds with some upgrades

Post by fastang »

Other than its not a worlds car I like it. You might want to edit the post before Reg comes knocking! :wink:

62 bugzilla

Re: rc10 with some upgrades

Post by 62 bugzilla »

I did sorry.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

Don't take what I said the wrong way. There is just alot of misinformation about these cars. If you stick around you'll learn so much your head will spin!

I see you are from WI. Maybe we can get together sometime and show off collections.

BTW, Reg is a great guy. He's kinda the "worlds" king around here. He doesn't bite...........................................................................hard!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

fastang wrote:Don't take what I said the wrong way. There is just alot of misinformation about these cars. If you stick around you'll learn so much your head will spin!

I see you are from WI. Maybe we can get together sometime and show off collections.

BTW, Reg is a great guy. He's kinda the "worlds" king around here. He doesn't bite...........................................................................hard!
Get it right, Reg is not a "Worlds King", he is a Worlds Whore, Pimp and Superhero! :mrgreen:

Btw, very nice runner you have there bugzilla!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Yeah,....... you have to keep your pimp hand strong :evil: :twisted: :lol:

62 bugzilla

Post by 62 bugzilla »

Sound great thats why I'm here to learn. Isn't a world car the one with the machine marks in the bottom of them? Fastfang email me and we'll see if we can get together sometime. I love to talk rc's almost as much as driving and building. email [email protected] . I use to know all there was to know about them when I was 13 and they just came out. I had a rc 10 first edition to replace my tricked out blackfoot and then I got a yokomo (dogfighter I believe isa what it was called). I guess I'm dating myself.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

62 bugzilla wrote:Sound great thats why I'm here to learn. Isn't a world car the one with the machine marks in the bottom of them? Fastfang email me and we'll see if we can get together sometime. I love to talk rc's almost as much as driving and building. email [email protected] . I use to know all there was to know about them when I was 13 and they just came out. I had a rc 10 first edition to replace my tricked out blackfoot and then I got a yokomo (dogfighter I believe isa what it was called). I guess I'm dating myself.
Yeah thats the one - the Worlds car was the last of the aluminum tubbed RC10s - released in 93 I believe.

Ha ha your post does 'date' you....... to be about the same age as the rest of us :lol: ........ '30 somethings' re-living our lost youth.

Nice RC10 you have there... I bet its great fun to drive? I'm really looking forward to running one that i'm re-building, despite being in the hobby since the late 80s - I've never before driven an ali tubbed RC10, I can't wait! :)

62 bugzilla

Post by 62 bugzilla »

they are fun to drive and work well and pretty durable. I also think they can look pretty scale and thats what I want to work on more with this one.