25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (See page 1)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

NWarty
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (See page 1)

Post by NWarty »

jcwrks wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:04 am
NWarty wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:32 pm Apparently I’m an idiot. It does have the stealth holes. Trans brace is used, but no stealth transmission :/

IMG_8345.jpeg
You're missing an 8-32 screw in your tranny. :wink:
Right?! LOL. :mrgreen:
A bit different

NWarty
Approved Member

Post by NWarty »

jwscab wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:28 am I will venture to say that I'm like 99% positive that someone lifted the stealth trans out of that CE. All the other pieces fit for it to have had one originally.
Considering the chassis is in pretty good shape and the overall condition of the car, I totally agree with you. Just weird.
A bit different

azone

Post by azone »

Question I haven't found a firm answer for... it seems some RC10's have much whiter Nylon than others. I'm not talking about dirt or oxidation/aging etc.. just simply as they came some cars had much whiter nylon. I know this because I was fortunate enough to buy one in 1986 (one of the best days of my life.. thanks mom & dad). I also saw lots of RC10's around that time at the local track. Every RC10 that I ever recalled seeing back then, including mine, had nylon that was slightly off-white, a little yellowish if you will - even when brand new.

Fast forward to 2010 I bought two never-used partially assembled RC10's in the box. One is a late-Edinger, the other a Cadillac of unknown date. The cadillac one has the very white plastic that I had not seen. However, when I search listings of them on ebay I do see others that have this very white nylon. They all seem to be Cadillac time period, perhaps later in the production. These are definitely original parts, this is before the RC10 classic was released and the tooling marks are identical. So it is common knowledge that certain production had this whiter plastic? Parhaps later production? Pics aren't always great but these are the two cars I'm talking about - obviously the later cadillac one with more orange chassis and whiter nylon is on the right (again this is not due to aging, the presumably less-common whiter parts are significantly more white than the other parts ever were - even in 1986 - 100%).

image2r.jpg
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg