Administrator

Re: * The OFFICIAL Slot Car Thread*

Post by scr8p »

looks good, dude. i like it.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I said I would show a few pictures of some of my cars, after I sold the majority. Any of them bring back memories?

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

Any of them bring back memories?
hey, i have some of thoes exact cars at my dad's house that my brother-in-law gave me like 20 years ag, way back when my sister and he were still dating, and never asked for them back. once i went over to a fellow kart racers house to run h.o. cars on his basement speed way track and i took over my box of cars. he almost hit the floor and was picking out the ones he wanted. i always knew they were worth something but i never sat down and figured out how much.

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Well, now we know why you are "slotcarrod" :mrgreen:
awesome collection - I love the old shite!

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I have the Tyco Magnum 440 Grand Prix (#6696)... 57' of racing in 48"x102" layout. It came with 2 1979 Corvette bodied 440 cars. It must have been 1983 or so when I got that one.
I also have a Tyco Dirt Bike Racing set (#6215) and a couple parts from other sets (Cliff Hangers loop and some train crossovers). Somewhere I have a picture of the big track set up with the kids playing with it-- maybe we'll have to get that out soon. :wink:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

vintage racer
Approved Member

Post by vintage racer »

Wow I didnt realise how much HO cars are worth.About 3 years ago I gave my collection to my nephew.I had 2 can-am type cars that were my favorite plus about another 5 or so different ones and a police car that had working flashing roof lights.I hardly run that as it didnt go all that well.Im pritty sure it all ended up in the bin.I will be sure to ask next time I see them.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I had the General Lee and Roscoe's sheriff car-- both were cheapies and had no magnet on the chassis. Fun for about 30 seconds of burnout and spinning in circles. I think they're still in there with the others.
I do remember having some funny cars that had weights in the back of the body and were hinged so they would 'pop a wheelie' down the straight. Now I really want to get them out again. :D
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

civilguy wrote:I had the General Lee and Roscoe's sheriff car-- both were cheapies and had no magnet on the chassis. Fun for about 30 seconds of burnout and spinning in circles. I think they're still in there with the others.
I do remember having some funny cars that had weights in the back of the body and were hinged so they would 'pop a wheelie' down the straight. Now I really want to get them out again. :D
Now if you had the AFX version of the General Lee called the Rebel Charger (Aurora did not have the Dukes of Hazzard licence), I sold my mint car for $300.00 usd. I still have the original and very rare box art!

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I have some knock-off brand I believe. Over Christmas break I'll try to get some pictures and see if I can find manufacturer's marks on them. Oh, and none of my stuff is mint-- it's all runable/raceable, but used... definitely used. ;)
Jeff

Der Kommissar
Approved Member

Post by Der Kommissar »

civilguy wrote:I have some knock-off brand I believe. Over Christmas break I'll try to get some pictures and see if I can find manufacturer's marks on them. Oh, and none of my stuff is mint-- it's all runable/raceable, but used... definitely used. ;)
I beleive they were Matchbox?
If it isn't broke, I haven't driven it yet.

Der Kommissar
Approved Member

Post by Der Kommissar »

Here's a few.

I'm more of a racer than a collector. I like running vintage T Jets and the Fray style VHORS class. The SS magnets cars are fun sometimes too.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

2 AFX gems, the white 57 Chevy and the Sunburst Nomad (there was another sunburst colour as well). I "had" them! :cry: Oh well! :mrgreen: Two of the cars in the Magnatraction dealer case look like Hot Wheels Red Lines!

Der Kommissar
Approved Member

Post by Der Kommissar »

They're all slots. I don't do die cast. I really don't collect anymore. This is just some stuff that I refuse to get rid of. The AFX case was my Grandfathers that I bought after he passed. It's untouched since he bought it back in 1981. I was thinking of correcting a few of the cars in there that have wrong wheels and such, but it's worth more to me this way.
Alot of my carded and cubed NOS stuff has come from my Grandafather and Father buying out local hobby shops when the closed in the 80's. I wish I had time to catalog and photograph it all. I need to star because as I grow older, I'm starting to forget some things that are lurking about LOL. :lol:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I traded a shift on Friday, so I could travel one hour out of Calgary to Canmore in the Rocky Mountains, to race vintage slotcars! :mrgreen: Sweet! It's been about 2 years since I have raced! What a great time! I need to do this more often! Wobbly pops and racing with good buds is just great! Took home the overall in T-Jets (not shown) and open wheel T-Jets (no pics either :oops: )! :mrgreen:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

These are all my runners!

CANAM

Formula One

Le Mans

NASCAR