* The OFFICIAL Slot Car Thread*

The place for all things Slot Cars.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: * The OFFICIAL Slot Car Thread*

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Hey, when did this become SC24th Talk? :?

I wish I kept all my dad's piano wire cars, I grew up marshaling at the track, eating cherry twizzlers--then racing there when I was 4-- There seems to be a large following still

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

I build alot of them for the guys at my track here are some I forget to take pictures before I give them back most of the time.
Attachments
DSCF0006.JPG
DSCF0006 (3).JPG
DSCF0006 (3).JPG (96.55 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
DSCF0006 (3).JPG
DSCF0006 (3).JPG (96.55 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
!B,pOU1g!2k~$(KGrHqUH-DsEqvH0vqjGBKsYGkDK8w~~_12.jpg
!B,pOU1g!2k~$(KGrHqUH-DsEqvH0vqjGBKsYGkDK8w~~_12.jpg (34.19 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
!B,pOU1g!2k~$(KGrHqUH-DsEqvH0vqjGBKsYGkDK8w~~_12.jpg
!B,pOU1g!2k~$(KGrHqUH-DsEqvH0vqjGBKsYGkDK8w~~_12.jpg (34.19 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
DSCF0002.JPG
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i like that camaro. :)

this is my only other hard bodied drag car. 67 vette, in all it's dirty, corroded magnesium, rusty piano wire glory.
005.JPG

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i had alot of success with this car when i started racing in '91. it gave me my first win at a big usra race in '91 at philly model raceway in the 1/24 production class.
006.JPG
007.JPG

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

That's the same chassis I ran in the early 90's, same body too, except we ran 3" tall side boards
on both sides that had a "tail" that extended 1" back behind the body

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

in the production class, the tall side dams weren't allowed. only group 12 and up had them. the one on my car is the o/s royale with the molded side dams. the one for the side dams was the royale se. the o/s corvette was a nice body, too. i have a bunch of those coming up.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

scr8p wrote:to be honest hoop, i have no idea what the "good stuff" is anymore. it's been almost 10 years since i bought anything for them. are there any tracks in your area?
i dunno if there are any tracks close to me. i'm sure there are some out in the burbs, but i doubt there are any downtown or local enough to not be a 3 hour drive.

when i was a kid, i can remember looking at all the cars in the toy aisle. man they were cool. i remember the axf and aurora cars. when i asked what was good stuff, i kinda meant whats good old stuff i can pick up off ebay for cheap. ;)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i really haven't looked at slot car stuff on ebay. i know alot of the old h.o. stuff (afx, thunderjet) can bring some serious money.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

this one of my "boxstock 15" class winged cars. the chassis was handmade by a fellow racer back in the day. worked awesome on tracks without much banking in the corners.
001.JPG
002.JPG
this car is a koford pro-wire 12. i raced this in the group 12 class. super light, and wicked fast on high banked tracks. sucked on flat tracks.
003.JPG
004.JPG
this is my son's parma flexi. it's setup for 1/24 production, although he never actually "raced". slot car racing died around here before he was really old enough to do it.
005.JPG
006.JPG

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Hey hoopty,
I think they still have the twice a year slot car show in chicago. Had one in the spring and one in the fall. If you are interested in this stuff its a great experience. Thousands of t-jets/afx/tyco/lifelike/johnnylightning/etc. cars of all kinds and price ranges. Last time I went it was still being held in Matheson(?) but heard it moved to Rockford then to just across the border in Indiana from Chicago. Even if you aren't into it heavy its still cool to see all that vintage stuff and all.

Scr8p,
you got some cool cars there. Never made it into anything above HO scale but always wanted to. Got one of the guys that runs RC with us that used to run slots with us building dragsters now. About 40 minutes away there is a guy who has a couple tracks and they race every friday night. He has a huge road course and a drag strip. He even might have his ginormous HO track yet. This winter I plan on takin a few friday night drives up that way...hopefully I don't get drawn back into slots though. Gave up the slots since it was costing too much and ended up in RC since it really wasn't that expensive :lol: ...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

A few of the guys that race at my local track do slot cars also. I ran slot cars when I was a kid in San Diego for a few years, then it died around there. It's got a decent size following here though. Slotspot in nashville has 3 tracks and a drag strip.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

here are my cars I race on wednesday nights right now.
Attachments
My Mustang low 10second car
My Mustang low 10second car
my LRW for the truck class
my LRW for the truck class
My Vette bracket car runs 10.04
My Vette bracket car runs 10.04
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Der Kommissar
Approved Member

Post by Der Kommissar »

slotcarrod wrote:I collect and race Aurora T-Jets and AFX cars, Have some faster ones from Wizzard but I rather race vintage! I have a nice HO track with pits, grandstands etc, but now it's just a RC10 storage table! :mrgreen:

I will try get some pics up on this thread later!
Me too. Alot of our local racing has dried up. There are alot of private club races at peoples homes. It's kind of an underground hobby. I'm 36 and have been running HO's since I was 5. I have a ton of collectibles and alot of race cars too. I just some 4 NOS AFX cars on Ebay for $1100. That should tell you that the market is still strong (too strong LOL) for these little cars too.
If it isn't broke, I haven't driven it yet.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Der Kommissar wrote:
slotcarrod wrote:I collect and race Aurora T-Jets and AFX cars, Have some faster ones from Wizzard but I rather race vintage! I have a nice HO track with pits, grandstands etc, but now it's just a RC10 storage table! :mrgreen:

I will try get some pics up on this thread later!
Me too. Alot of our local racing has dried up. There are alot of private club races at peoples homes. It's kind of an underground hobby. I'm 36 and have been running HO's since I was 5. I have a ton of collectibles and alot of race cars too. I just some 4 NOS AFX cars on Ebay for $1100. That should tell you that the market is still strong (too strong LOL) for these little cars too.
That's nothing mate! :mrgreen: I needed some money 1 1/2 years ago and sold most of my Aurora collection on eBay, I thought I may get 5-7 thousand US dollars! In the end $36,000.00 ! :shock: Boy was I happy! I still have about 100 Aurora cars, I kept one of each body and chassis type and the ones I liked!

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »