RC Car action archive

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mikedealer
Approved Member

RC Car action archive

Post by mikedealer »

ROH73
Approved Member

Re: RC Car action archive

Post by ROH73 »

I did. The pdfs are scans of an entire issue MINUS all full page ads; most small, partial page ads are still there. There's not a lot of compression so most of the pdfs are huge...30 megs or more. 1986 - 2003 takes up 5 gigs. Needless to say, it takes a while to download all of them, as there's no way to do it in bulk.

The overall scan quality is good. There are some mistakes with pages missing or out of order, but all in all it's a great value. I have all of the actual magazines from 1986 - 1992, so it's nice to have an electronic version plus be able to read the issues from the years I was out of the hobby.

Regards,

Robert

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

30 megs.. wow.. well so much for me trying it out like i planned seeing the only internet service available here is dialup. they wouldn't happen to sell then digitally on disk would they? if so that would be an option i would look into.

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

LowClassCC wrote:3they wouldn't happen to sell then digitally on disk would they? if so that would be an option i would look into.
I don't think so, but I'm not certain. Might be worth sending them an email to find out.

speedemall
Approved Member

Post by speedemall »

so you have to pay $20 a year for this? Or does $20 pay for life? I subscribe to the magazine now, they should give it to me for free lol
They call me.........THE COLLECTOR!! Collector and restorer of everything vintage

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

speedemall wrote:so you have to pay $20 a year for this? Or does $20 pay for life? I subscribe to the magazine now, they should give it to me for free lol
the sub is $20 per year. but once you download them you have them. It is quite a large amount to download though.

speedemall
Approved Member

Post by speedemall »

aconsola wrote:
speedemall wrote:so you have to pay $20 a year for this? Or does $20 pay for life? I subscribe to the magazine now, they should give it to me for free lol
the sub is $20 per year. but once you download them you have them. It is quite a large amount to download though.

Sweet!!! Its better than paying $10 per issue for the real deal.
They call me.........THE COLLECTOR!! Collector and restorer of everything vintage