SC-T3

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

73cuda2

SC-T3

Post by 73cuda2 »

If you have a T3 laying around and want a cool project try this. I saw a few people talking about it on another forum and jumped in on it and this is what we came up with.
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?s=371941268ac93804bac460d12c351ec2&t=255716
Attachments
9.JPG
7.5.JPG

markt311
Approved Member

Re: SC-T3

Post by markt311 »

The wheelbase is still a bit short in your body on shot. Instead on messing with the front suspension geometry, why not just find a second chassis and splice them together to get the extra 1.5 inches you need? it's not that hard, you just need to measure twice (or 5 or 6 times lol) and cut once. Get some thin carbon fiber and epoxy and make a longer chassis. I really think screwing with the suspension is just going to bog down the actual testing and setup work.

Just my 2 cents
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I remember around the time of the first thunderdomes people narrowed their saloon bodies by removing a strip along the center.
Maybe a good idea for this body: split and overlap behind theside window.

Or just go for a bugs body

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

I agree with markt311, the wheelbase does look short. Don't forget that the wheelbase gets shorter as the suspension compresses. I found that stretching the stock RC10T wheelbase by 2.5" makes the wheels line up perfectly when the chassis is bottomed out. I haven't run it yet, screwed up drilling the new chassis plate, but there appears to be enough clearance for the wheels when the front suspension is fully extended.

73cuda2

Post by 73cuda2 »

I agree that making the chassis longer is the best way if you have a metal chassis .Cutting and then try to epoxy a splice im not sure of. If you have done this post some pics please. On the T3 the front clip is a metal section that bolts on so that might be the answer to the chassis mod. Make a longer sub section that is a direct fit. I have a SC10 and this T3 I raced alot over the years and was just sitting there collecting dust. So I thought I would try this. The wheel base is a tad shorter @ 12.5 " Vs 12.9. When the suspension is compressed the wheels move back but also move inward tucking in behind the fenders. Ill let you know how it runs. I have a 10GT Factoy Team that I want to make a 2wd SCGT. I might make a new chassis for this or cut and splice.
Thanks for the feed back, thats how this project got started, alot of ideas and spare parts.
By the way everything i bought from e-bay for under $100.00

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

I spliced together 2 LXT chassis to make my LX-SC-T in the Losi forum. It isnt hard and it really withstands the abuse.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

73cuda2 wrote:If you have a T3 laying around and want a cool project try this. I saw a few people talking about it on another forum and jumped in on it and this is what we came up with.
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?s=371941268ac93804bac460d12c351ec2&t=255716
Hi,yeah I liked the bodys to ,put one on my T2 had to cut up the body a bit but it still looks ok for an OLD GUY. wish I could put up pics ,but do not know how. VERY COOL PROJECT Have A Good One!!!!!!! JohnnySr.

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

upload your pics to photobucket, copy the img. code and paste it to what ever your typing , and the pic will apear.
"your attitude in general and had robbed you of any credibility in my opinion. honesty costs nothing by the way."
a quote from Bormac. i think he's rite.

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

I love it!

Now that a few projects are caught up, I think I'm gonna try doing an SC10-GT. The GT's wheelbase should be perfect.
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

73cuda2

Post by 73cuda2 »

Here is a picture that I found on the web of a real SC10 (bottom)and a new picture of my SCT3 (top) at the same angle to compare. I think they are very close. Thanks for all the feed back and good luck with your conversions!
Attachments
000_0456.JPG
SC10Clear.jpg

73cuda2

Post by 73cuda2 »

Its finished. Time to get it dirty.
Attachments
000_0463.JPG
000_0459.JPG

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

nice paint scheme. Simple but really works well

have fun at the track

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Very nice truck and body. Love the custom SCT3 decal. Let us know how it compares to the SC10.

73cuda2

Post by 73cuda2 »

Thanks, I added the pin stripe today. I ran 3 packs through it over the weekend, it runs and handles great.
Attachments
pinstripe.jpg

17nut
Approved Member

Post by 17nut »

good job 8)