Bluegrove JRX2 bodies

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

vintage racer
Approved Member

Bluegrove JRX2 bodies

Post by vintage racer »

Has anyone else used one of bluegroves bodies on a runner?I was happy enough with the quality out of the box allthough I did note some small bubbling.I took the time to paint and apply decals and drove to an interstate vintage meet and in practice the body shattered into many pieces.I emailed bluegrove but havent heard back from them.Should have bought one of MR Lexans bodies.My fault for trying to save a few measly $$$.I now see they are doing a Junior 2 body which I need badly but I am now hesitant to buy from them.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Re: Bluegrove JRX2 bodies

Post by RedScampi »

I have not run mine, in fact I just got around to trimming it this week. My new opinion? It's total crap. The cut lines were so indistinct and meandering it was almost impossible to do it right. It has bubbles and strech marks everywhere. It's too thick and the corners are not crisp. Basically it's a dustcover. I would never buy another one. If it was the only thing available then it would have to do but now there are other choices...I'll be buying one of Mr. Lexan's for sure.
Gary

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

vintage racer wrote:in practice the body shattered into many pieces.
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, I appreciate it.

Regarding the above... no kidding? I haven't heard that one, but I haven't heard from any one running them before. I bought one of his 959s and wasn't happy. The undercuts had really bad detail, were really thin and even cracked. He did respond to my email requests and did provide a refund.

I promise mine won't shattered on impact.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Well, I was as good as my word and I did buy one from you Mr. Lex, today in fact and you have already shipped it, on a holiday weekend no less! Thanks man, I can't wait to see it!
Gary

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

I was there when James's JRX2 shell shattered. It must be made of something other than polycarb/lexan. James went to a lot of trouble to ready his steed for the vintage meeting and to see it shatter the way it did was very disapointing.
Jay your bodies are ace. Im still running my 870c shell I bought from you and its definately a quality product. When Im more financial I will be buying more shells from you Mr Lexan.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

karnivool
Approved Member

Post by karnivool »

he will have to sort his product out, other wise he'll have trouble selling them which is a shame.
its nice to have multiple choices/makes out in the maket, sorry to hear about ya body vintage racer :wink:
good luck on getting a refund of some sort

vintage racer
Approved Member

Post by vintage racer »

Im not too worried about getting a refund,Im more anoyed at the time spent on masking,painting and the worst part applying vintage decals to a body that lasted 2 laps.I will be placing an order with Jay but am waiting till I have enough spare to buy about 5 bodies from him.Hopefully by then he will have a Pro body for all us Losi fans.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

vintage racer wrote:My fault for trying to save a few measly $$$.
One thing to keep in mind, mine might be a few dollars more, but you get some for those few dollars, window masks, overspray film, and a gear cover with the set.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

DHC6
Approved Member

Post by DHC6 »

hmmm, I got a bluegrove because it was the first one I found, and didn't think there were others to chose from. Wish I had found Mr. Lexans. Wasn't the money for me, just didn't know there were others. I haven't painted it yet, and now I am little concerned. I don't want to put alot of effort in something that's going to break right away. Not sure what to do now, should I just splash some paint on it, and get another? Kinda disappointed now.
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return - Leonardo da Vinci

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Yeah its a hard call alright. Back when my friend Ant was molding Topcat and procat shells for me he tried another type of plastic. While it looked nice the shell seemed very brittle. After spending hours painting and applying genuine decals ht ecars looked ace. Once i hit the track the shells shattered and I was dissappointed. Not so much the cash and work that went into painting them but because the decals i used were rarer than rare.
Lesson learnt for me there.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

vintage racer
Approved Member

Post by vintage racer »

Yes I got one of Ants procat bodies and did a Phil Davies replica paint job and the same thing happened to that one.From my understanding Ant was just doing his to helps out mates and it was really appreciated but Bluegrove is running a buisiness.I never got a responce from them either.

pedro
Approved Member

Post by pedro »

I bought a blue groove one a while back but only looked at it after you guys raised concerns, (so many others to paint) the one i have is pretty ordinary to be honest uneven and a few bubbles not real pretty at all so i think i wont bother painting mine i'll wait to get one of mr lexans, ive bought a few of his and they are first class all the way.

Peter

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I hacked mine up best I could but i doub't it will ever see a track. I'll paint it up though and throw it on one of my "not-so-nice" cars for practice. I got my "Mr Lex" body yesterday afternoon and it looks fantastic, plus it has a film cover on it like all high quality bodies.
Gary