2009 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 18-20TH

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brandon G
Approved Member

Re: 2009 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 18-20TH

Post by Brandon G »

Mark and I are planning on staying Sunday night and flying back Monday morning, so run as late as you like! :D

I will be donating a couple of sets of NIP See's aluminum wheels to the RCHR raffle to show my appreciation for all that they do for the Vonats. BUY TICKETS!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I'll be there Friday morning doing some tune up to my truck, basically, getting it ready to run, haven't mounted any of the electronics in it as of yet.

The buggy is set to go, the Bearhawk is also set to go. Hope we can have a practice race on Friday... :mrgreen:

Hey Erich,
There's a forecast for rain for Saturday, are you still going to do the Swap meet??
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

I still need to finish building my car. First run might be at the race. :P

ED

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

soniccj5 wrote:I still need to finish building my car. First run might be at the race. :P

ED
I'm still building mine too! :shock:

Fredding I'm not sure if there is even any interest. I asked the other day on here and I think it got missed or people may not be interested. I'd love to do it but need to know that anyone wants to do it so I can make sure we have tables. I know that John, Mark and I talked about maybe making room in the back room for it (the tables would 2nd as pits for people that do the swap meet should they chose to stay there) so thats a possiblitly. I think it may come down to seeing who's even interested. I've been trying to get through to John and we keep playing phone tag but I'll be up there first thing friday morning so if they think its a good idea I'll have time to get things together.

With that said does anyone want to do a swap meet? I built the idea of this race around my friends on this board so I'd love to get your feedback on this or anything else that you guys would love to see for this weekend or next years event

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I like the swap meet idea. I don't have anything to sell, but I was looking forward to buying some parts.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Ditto.

Last year we didn't have a "swap meet" per se, but everyone still managed to buy and sell amongst each other. Seemed to work pretty well like that, which may be the reason for people not wanting to own up and pay for a booth?

Just my opinion.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

lol i have one for each so far! My thinking was that having crowds of people around looking at your stuff for sale would make it hard not only for each of us but also our pit neighbors to work at their spaces so maybe moving that somewhere else was a better alternative. The money part of is was pretty much just to cover the cost of the tables. It was more of an organizational thing than anything else. I'd love to hear more from everyone

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I don't have anything specific to sell, so I'm pretty impartial. I would definitely look at what people had if there was a swap meet, but I could also deal with just racing. :wink:

Erich- If the fee was a matter of having to rent tables (from outside RCHR I'm guessing), I could bring down a some folding tables (2 5-footers and a card table) and maybe we could get a few others to do the same and we could just set up an area for people to put their 'for sale' items out of the way in that back room. Let me know and I'll throw them in the van.
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

I don't have a problem with the fee, but don't know if I will have the time to set up and mind a table while setting up the pit space and getting some practice in. I actualy have a medium rubbermaid type tote with parts packed already for trading, and figured I could just let folks go hunting through it like last time.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

I was going to buy tables so that we'd have them for the future actually. I think the best first step is for me to make sure theres a place inside if its going to rain and go from there. I'd love to have it for the simple reason that i think it'd be fun.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Erich,

I'll say, no swap meet, more racing... People are still gonna buy, sell, trade whether they have a designated area or not...

I do think it still would've been fun...

By the by what are you racing at the VONATs???
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Ya, i hear ya Freddie. I think a lot of people feel that way too. I was thinking of the poor guy next to someone selling stuff and having his pit full of people :)

I'm racing 2wd, Stadium and Heavy metal

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

I would say i was very happy to here there was a swap meet and looking forward to it the whole time. That is what im setting my driving time around i have to leave at 4:45am to be there before nine so i hope it is still on. Also i have some stuff to sell i also have a case of about 80 cans of pactra paint i scored pretty cheap so i figured i would pass on the savings to my fellow vintage buds. :D
Ryan

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i just rolled into town and got checked in at the holiday inn exp. i'm pretty beat but glad i made it here before dark.

i didnt bring anything for the swap meet deal, but would be happy to buy a thing or two.

probably gonna put some stickers on some bodies and tune my rigs tonight, and then get some sleep. :lol:

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Hoopy let me know if you want to grab some dinner or something. I'm only about 20 mins away