Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lonestar
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by Lonestar »

kink wrote:Well that is good news regarding non metric items. Will be good to have this confirmed by someone with calipers at a later date.
no need for calipers. you can see the difference in threads between metric and "standard" (which btw is not standard anywhere else than in the US and a couple of other countries ;) )

Whether the RC10Classic is done in the US or anywhere else I personnally don't care as long as it's reasonably true to the original....

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

rctenracer
Approved Member

Re: It's official: the RC10 Classic limited release

Post by rctenracer »

rctenracer wrote:
gomachv wrote:
KrackerG wrote:Awesome! ...i just pre-ordered mine from towerhobbies:

LW3244 Associated RC10 Classic Kit @ $249.99
LXNRD7 Panther Bearings 3/16x3/8" (10) 9.49

then add promo code 011M5 to save $35 on orders over $250
tower club members get free shipping, otherwise $9 for ground (but membership is $9.99)

$224 SHIPPED W/ WHEEL BALL BEARINGS
We are all speculating but if they are true to original you need 3/16x5/16 flanged for front and 1/4x3/8 flanged for rear wheels.

The original 6 gear uses 2 of the 3/16x5/16 unflanged, 5 3/16x5/16 flanged, and a single 1/4x3/8 flanged
If its metric we are all going to need bearings. Hopefully thats not the case as spare parts will not fit the oringinal RC10.
just a post of " what if " . :?:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

Jedi Master wrote:
RC104ever wrote:Here's an interesting question for all of you: assuming AE releases a bunch of parts again (which they kind of would have to even if its just for the 'limited' run re re kits), what do you think will happen to the guys like rc waffle who part out RC10's? I'm kind of hoping the prices drop drastically for even a short time so we can all benefit :mrgreen:
I imagine these guys are already feeling the pinch. I'm sure plenty of people have postponed some of their planned parts purchases in view of the anticipated release of new parts. :?
time to find another platform to gobble up and piece out.

im just not at all into the side of the vintage buggy hobby that deals with buying something for next to nothing and then marking it up something 10 times what it should cost, just because there are big dummies out there who will pay the premium for it.

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

badhoopty wrote:
Jedi Master wrote:
RC104ever wrote:Here's an interesting question for all of you: assuming AE releases a bunch of parts again (which they kind of would have to even if its just for the 'limited' run re re kits), what do you think will happen to the guys like rc waffle who part out RC10's? I'm kind of hoping the prices drop drastically for even a short time so we can all benefit :mrgreen:
I imagine these guys are already feeling the pinch. I'm sure plenty of people have postponed some of their planned parts purchases in view of the anticipated release of new parts. :?
time to find another platform to gobble up and piece out.

im just not at all into the side of the vintage buggy hobby that deals with buying something for next to nothing and then marking it up something 10 times what it should cost, just because there are big dummies out there who will pay the premium for it.
Its the un-informed... I run into people all the time that think I'm crazy for running my gold tub because "its worth $500 on eBay" LOL! And when I explain to them I bought the whole car off ebay for $75, they are like "Wow, wish I could find those deals" I think I have had this conversation at least 100 times.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

Its the un-informed... I run into people all the time that think I'm crazy for running my gold tub because "its worth $500 on eBay" LOL! And when I explain to them I bought the whole car off ebay for $75, they are like "Wow, wish I could find those deals" I think I have had this conversation at least 100 times.
I Love the "It's worth $X" on ebay because you do a search and the first one shows up is something mint and way over priced with a buy it now price that it will never sell at.

I have been buying and selling antiques and collectables for years and run into that argument all the time!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

in the past ive payed waaaay too much for something, but because i wanted it badly, not because i thought it was worth what was being asked.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

badhoopty wrote:in the past ive payed waaaay too much for something, but because i wanted it badly, not because i thought it was worth what was being asked.

well, since you paid that price, is what it was worth... ;)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

Lonestar wrote:
badhoopty wrote:in the past ive payed waaaay too much for something, but because i wanted it badly, not because i thought it was worth what was being asked.

well, since you paid that price, is what it was worth... ;)
yes, and no. 8)

i used to just set a CRAZY snipe for things i really wanted.

sometimes you would get it for about what you were wanting to pay. other times you would end up having a sniper shootout with a guy like alex (inetrc)... and those never ended well at all.

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Time is money. Do you want to spend a year looking for a rare part at a low price. Or do you just want it now. So it depends how much you spare time is worth to you as well.

Personally now I have 99% of the parts I need for the car and as spares, I want to stop hunting Ebay. Otherwise rc stops being the actual hobby. I do not want searching Ebay to be my main hobby in the long run!
GARBO 1/8

Percymon
Approved Member

Post by Percymon »

Percymon wrote:I thought I'd see how sales figures were looking in the UK again this morning so off to MB Models website, stock showing 4 now so thought that's another 3 sold yesterday. Then i noticed their allocation is now stated as 35 - was 25 on Tuesday, 30 Wednesday.

They maybe asking the UK distributor for additional units based on pre-orders but they don't appear to be in too short supply yet in the UK !
5 days on MBModels still have 4 of their 35 initial batch available for pre-order. I guess initial enthusiasm in the UK has been fulfilled, with other interested parties perhaps holding off ordering until some more details or released, or just working on the basis there will be plenty still around at launch day and beyond

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

badhoopty wrote: sometimes you would get it for about what you were wanting to pay. other times you would end up having a sniper shootout with a guy like alex (inetrc)... and those never ended well at all.

forgot about snipe backfire :lol: then again if you set up your snipe that high, some voice in you told you you could afford the risk...

anyway, I get the idea :)

Paul

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Question for you guys--

In 1985, how many turns would a mod motor have had in an event like the Worlds?
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

12-15T ??
I honestly can't remember
but one of the first mod motors I had was a Tamiya 12T
And it obliterated my Hornet :lol:
Morten Max

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

ca-rj wrote:Question for you guys--

In 1985, how many turns would a mod motor have had in an event like the Worlds?
I think the very early (mid 80's) off-road mod motors used 15+ turns. I believe the 17 and 18 turn motors were marketed as "2wd off-road" winds back then.

As the years went on (late 80's - early 90's), turns got lower and lower - eventually 11 and 12 turn motors (from Epic, Checkpoint, etc.) were used in off-road racing.
-dldiaz

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

I'm looking to mimic the speed off the 1985 Worlds car which i why I asked. So, 12-15 turn and 7 cell packs?
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258