Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by longboardnj »

scr8p wrote:as some of you may have seen already, i started a new forum (a subforum attached to the original buggy forum) for the re-release. at some point today, it will be unlocked and i will move this thread into it. probably not until later tonight.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.php?f=88

just want to leave this here for awhile for people see it. feel free to bump this post for me if we go to the next page. thanks. :wink:
good call...

rctenracer
Approved Member

Re: It's official: the RC10 Classic limited release

Post by rctenracer »

gomachv wrote:
KrackerG wrote:Awesome! ...i just pre-ordered mine from towerhobbies:

LW3244 Associated RC10 Classic Kit @ $249.99
LXNRD7 Panther Bearings 3/16x3/8" (10) 9.49

then add promo code 011M5 to save $35 on orders over $250
tower club members get free shipping, otherwise $9 for ground (but membership is $9.99)

$224 SHIPPED W/ WHEEL BALL BEARINGS
We are all speculating but if they are true to original you need 3/16x5/16 flanged for front and 1/4x3/8 flanged for rear wheels.

The original 6 gear uses 2 of the 3/16x5/16 unflanged, 5 3/16x5/16 flanged, and a single 1/4x3/8 flanged
If its metric we are all going to need bearings. Hopefully thats not the case as spare parts will not fit the oringinal RC10.

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Here's an interesting question for all of you: assuming AE releases a bunch of parts again (which they kind of would have to even if its just for the 'limited' run re re kits), what do you think will happen to the guys like rc waffle who part out RC10's? I'm kind of hoping the prices drop drastically for even a short time so we can all benefit :mrgreen:
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Good point. If the Chinese RC10 is metric (why wouldn't it be?) then its repro spare parts will be useless for the USA RC10 models. Either way I am glad I have a ton of original spares.

ps

Can I coin the new phrase:

ReproChina10 (RC10)
GARBO 1/8

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

kink wrote:Good point. If the Chinese RC10 is metric (why wouldn't it be?) then its repro spare parts will be useless for the USA RC10 models. Either way I am glad I have a ton of original spares.

ps

ReproChina10 (RC10)
I thought someone had dispelled that metric myth many pages ago.

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

RC104ever wrote:Here's an interesting question for all of you: assuming AE releases a bunch of parts again (which they kind of would have to even if its just for the 'limited' run re re kits), what do you think will happen to the guys like rc waffle who part out RC10's? I'm kind of hoping the prices drop drastically for even a short time so we can all benefit :mrgreen:
I imagine these guys are already feeling the pinch. I'm sure plenty of people have postponed some of their planned parts purchases in view of the anticipated release of new parts. :?
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

flipwils11 wrote:
kink wrote:Good point. If the Chinese RC10 is metric (why wouldn't it be?) then its repro spare parts will be useless for the USA RC10 models. Either way I am glad I have a ton of original spares.

ps

ReproChina10 (RC10)
I thought someone had dispelled that metric myth many pages ago.
Correct. It was said that the parts would be backwards compatible and imperial screws.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

scr8p wrote:as some of you may have seen already, i started a new forum (a subforum attached to the original buggy forum) for the re-release. at some point today, it will be unlocked and i will move this thread into it. probably not until later tonight.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.php?f=88

just want to leave this here for awhile for people see it. feel free to bump this post for me if we go to the next page. thanks. :wink:
soon. :wink:

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

To all of the people worried about a "Chinese" RC10, yes the bodies are Asian, and the hardware (screws and such), and most likely the shocks too, but all of the plastic moulds are still at the manufacturer in the US that AE subcontracted the work to the last time production was run. I also don't see AE shipping a very heavy chassis die to china when there are so many stamping facilities here needing the work....

It is a globally sourced car that will no doubt still have plenty of US made parts in it. I would rather havi it like that than no re re at all.

I don't think AE is ready for the interest that this is going bring though.......

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Brandon G wrote:
I don't think AE is ready for the interest that this is going bring though.......
I agree. Someone made the point that there will be a lot of people who don't frequent the various forums, that will certainly want to buy the rere. A lot of the UK model shops have made pre-orders and these allocations are still getting bought up. Seems like the rate of deposits being made is not slowing up just yet.

I think that AE will be monitoring the quantity of pre-orders before they set the final total of 'limited edition' being made. If interest is low, then I think they'll make their marketing calculations and fix the quantity to a limit that makes the financial bods happy. If interest is high then they'll either increase the number, or keep it the same with a view to offering the other versions as a rere. :wink:

My bet is that the interest, and pre-orders, will be huge! :shock:

Happy Days! :mrgreen:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

I would just like to point out that even though its getting more common to see metric hardware in a b4, the kit still comes with SAE hardware in it and its made in China or Taiwan or wherever.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Well that is good news regarding non metric items. Will be good to have this confirmed by someone with calipers at a later date.
GARBO 1/8

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

kink wrote:Well that is good news regarding non metric items. Will be good to have this confirmed by someone with calipers at a later date.
It doesn't matter where it is made. The product company has control on how it is built and with what it is built with. If they want metric it will have metric, if they spec imperial it will have imperial. The Chinese have no say in it. What ticks me off is when I am working on something and one bolt is 5/8 and the next is 15mm.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Has anyone ever ran an old manual speed control with a modern fast/digital servo? I'm thinking that would be a cool setup to throw in one of these kits if the mounting holes are still there.

I have a Tekin 410K that might find its way into mine if and when I get it.

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

LTO_Dave wrote:Has anyone ever ran an old manual speed control with a modern fast/digital servo? I'm thinking that would be a cool setup to throw in one of these kits if the mounting holes are still there.

I have a Tekin 410K that might find its way into mine if and when I get it.
We used to run those resistors with little 12th scale sized servoes that were plenty speedy.
We always found that setup gave higher top speed than compared to ESCs of the day, less resistance on the manual set up.
BUT, they were temperamental, and wore out.