== LIVE 2008 Vintage Nationals Coverage ==

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

call-911
Approved Member

Re: ** LIVE Vintage Nationals Coverage **

Post by call-911 »

JetTech101 wrote:This is history in the making boys!

History reliving history. Kind of funny...
Keith C

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

MelvinsArmy wrote:
clinehobbies wrote:I can't wait to get that copy of RC Driver to see what cars made into the Mag!
Me too! Wonder when it will be out. Doesn't it usually take 2 or 3 months from the time of the event until the magazine article comes out? Seems like that's what it was bitd with RCCA, but maybe things have changed.

I also can't wait to see the video.
Heyyy buddyyyy, I asked the photographer and he said December - January Issue :roll:

And John was shooting video, they'll probably post some on Youtube, but if they make a video for sale, I want to buy a copy :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

JetTech101
Approved Member

Post by JetTech101 »

tecnica2001 wrote: if they make a video for sale, I want to buy a copy :D
x2 and some of that could go to help the site as well, but of course its not my decision, just a thought
Kyosho Ultima's & Turbo Optima's, Team Ass. RC10's, Jammin CRT , RC10TC3, Tamiya F-150, OFNA 9.5

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Thanks everyone again. Vette no worries man, I can see how you'd get that from just seeing the stuff on here. We had a great time and I think you've been here long enough to konw that these guys really love vintage stuff and we all have each others backs. I'm sure theres really no ill will from you or any of them. Maybe we'll see you there next year.

Ok now for the repost from my orig thread for the race bc to me its THAT important for everyone to see this:

Had a great time meeting all of you! Race went really well and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. We'll definitely be doing that again.

Hey Scr8p, I have your trophy from the race. PM me your address so i can mail it to you. Hope you're feeling better brutha.

Clinehobbies- Bill thanks so much for supporting the race and traveling so far just for the race. It was awesome meeting you and your buddy.

FINALLY... I can't thank Mr. Lexan enough! Dude, to take your vacation, drive to IL, then to PA, then to CT and back just to take pictures is beyond belief and everything looks so awesome. You definitely saved us from HUGE mess with the 2wd results too! It was really awesome meeting you and I will never be able to thank you enough.

kaybo19114
Approved Member

Post by kaybo19114 »

looks like it was an awesome time - man, i'm majorly bummed that I wasn't able to make it

I hate it when plans changed at the last minute :evil:

But I'm making plans for next year's :) this time a hotel and not staying with friends (who then move and leave you up the creek, blah, blah blah)

Love all the pics - guess I'll be renewing my subscription to RC Driver :)
PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | GQ Tires | Slingshot Batteries | Banzai Motors | Team Psycho Cells | Exotek Racing | Team Belly

I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid :cool:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Erich Reichert wrote:Hey Scr8p, I have your trophy from the race. PM me your address so i can mail it to you. Hope you're feeling better brutha.
thanks, will do. and thanks for getting my body out to jay for me. :)

the guy that was taking pics (the one who put the concours plaques together) said he had all of the pics that he took on his website. do you know what his web address is?

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

scr8p wrote:the guy that was taking pics (the one who put the concours plaques together) said he had all of the pics that he took on his website. do you know what his web address is?
I asked about that Sunday. Mark said he would post up that info as soon as he got it. I'm waiting too! ;)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

bscotti
Approved Member

Post by bscotti »

Wow, what an event. It's tough to even summarize better than what's already been said. This was my first attempt at organized off road racing (heck what am I saying, ANY r/c racing!) and it was a blast. Help was never more than a few feet away. Lots of great racing and great people.

Many, many thanks to all the RCHR guys and Erich for putting together a great weekend. You guys should consider yourself "dealers" cause you got a lot of people "hooked" this weekend!
Classics rule, moderns drool

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

civilguy wrote:I asked about that Sunday. Mark said he would post up that info as soon as he got it. I'm waiting too! ;)
8)

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

Thank you, Jay, for bringing the race to those of us who were not able to be there in person. I really enjoyed the photos and coverage, and I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of your shots. Awesome job! :D

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

scott, post up that pic you took of jay driving brian's yoke when you have a chance. :wink:

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

I had a great time racing with you all at RCHR! Very nice putting a face to a name for all the RC10Talk fellows.

Thanks to Erich for all the effort in organizing the VONATS!

Thanks to John, Mark, Will, Travis and all the other crew members at RCHR who made this a very enjoyable track to run at!

Thanks to Jay for the excellent camera work!

Last but not least, thanks to everybody who attended!

And on a side note: I've raced at a number of different tracks across the country, big races and small. Hell, the last winter CRCRC race had over 200 1/8 scale buggy entries alone. I must say I had 10 times as much fun at RCHR for the VONATS then CRCRC.....
Being this was the first organized vintage race in the states I would expect that next year it will only be bigger and better! (only 364 more days to go :wink: )

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

Great coverage Jay!! Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on here. For those of us that couldn't make it, all the great photos just make us want to get to the next one even more! Brandon, Awesome job on the 3rd place with a completely original and untested car. Maybe we can talk Skeen into hosting a Southeast Vintage Shootout? I definately will be at the next VONATS, I can see next year being 120-150 entries. Again great event everyone!!
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I already told Erich, he better make sure and put another event together next year, or I'll be hunting him down :D :P

Hey Cline thanks for the Fan brotha Man, I have a one of a kind Cline Hobbies Pit Fan :wink:

Erich thanks for coaching me through that race with a broken XX, :D Erich was marshalling right in front of me when my car broke, the rear arm pivot block mount thingy :roll: broke and my rear arm was flopping all over the place, this is a direct quote from Erich "look you're broken and they still can't catch you" :lol: it was awesome, I finished first in that race :wink:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

scr8p wrote:scott, post up that pic you took of jay driving brian's yoke when you have a chance. :wink:
Yeah Scott, please do. I would like to see it.

Thanks again for both bscotti and hoopty for giving me a chance to get some time on the track. Thanks also to Anthony to getting a vehicle prepped for me (mr. bottlenose) and sorry at the same time I didn't get a chance to run it. There was just too much going on Sat and Sun for me to find time to run it.

All, let's keep this a positive thread and let all the negative comments go on the way side. This event will not be the last, so if you would like to start a separate thread for comments (pos or neg) or suggestions, I am sure Erich/Mark/John would like to hear them for consideration for the next one. Constructive criticism is never a bad thing.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com