Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Re: Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Post by Incredible_Serious »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:39 pm I did lose my sense of taste and smell for 3 days though. It was weird, it was instantaneously gone.
Was that when you bought all those Kyosho buggies?
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I don't think I ever lost my sense of taste or smell but may have and just not realized it. My nose was in a perpetual state of being stuffy and runny at the same time, and I barely ate for like 5 days.

I felt like crap all day yesterday, and re-tested and still have it. I'm slowly but surely getting better but it's weird now. Some days I feel great considering, then I wake up the next day feeling horrible again. :? Ah well, it is what it is. I'm glad to read that some of you were in the same boat. :)

The last time I went to the ER twice close together was when I had a kidney stone. Now that was brutal. :shock:

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:39 pm It's pretty crazy how it is different for everyone. I think that is what makes it so dangerous. My wife was out of work for 5 weeks and I basically had the sniffles for a couple of days. I did lose my sense of taste and smell for 3 days though. It was weird, it was instantaneously gone. I ate a red Starburst and I could taste it. 5 minutes later, a ranch Dorito, nothing. :lol: It came back more slowly. over about 36 hours.
You got that right. Last Thanksgiving when we had a big get-together at my house, many of us tested positive by early the following week after the holiday. Myself, the wife, our 17 yr old daughter, my aunt and uncle had terrible symptoms and felt horrible for a week or so. But others tested positive and had none to very mild symptoms, including my 91 yr old grandpa who tested positive but had no symptoms at all.
-Jerry-

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

So premature to post in the, "So what did you get in the post today???" thread, but I'm just flippin' excited for this to show up in the post. My first true vintage Associated unit. Gotta give a big thanks to Frankentruck who tipped it off.

rc10l.jpg
-Jerry-

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

On this day August 23rd, no one was born.
Screenshot_20220823-135104.png
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Just got done painting this one. It's a ECX Torment that I picked up as a slider, some time back. Other than cutting down the bumpers (at least the rear one), I'm calling this one done.

The color change does show up great in this picture. That is a extra thick body. While awkward to mask, it gives the paint a deep clear coat look.

Click for better resolution.
Screenshot_20220902-160522_Gallery.jpg
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

So I bought these thinking they were 1 1/18" (???) wide. But no, they are 1.5" wide, and are identical to the rear wheels of an early Bolink as far as I can tell. I have no clue what makes these different than rear wheels. :?
Attachments
bolink rt front wheels 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

They look like rear wheels to me.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Frankentruck wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:55 pm They look like rear wheels to me.
Yea, I have a set of legit rear wheels on the way, and I am curious as to whether there is any difference in them at all. :wink:

The "front" wheels were cheap as snot, so now that they can probably be made to work on the rears, I bought out the rest of the seller's inventory. But narrowing them to be able to actually work on the front may be challenging. I am thinking about making the tire truer into a lathe. :D
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Got another one finished before the rain set in. This is a RC10 E-GT conversion. I picked up a slider a while back and mostly finished it with leftover RTR parts and other stuff that was laying around.
Screenshot_20220903-144848_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220903-144831_Gallery.jpg

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I recognize the Pro-line Trenchers on the back but what are the front tires?

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Frankentruck wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:57 pm I recognize the Pro-line Trenchers on the back but what are the front tires?
Schumacher Stagger Ribs.

The Torment above has them as well, just a SC version.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

juicedcoupe wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:54 pm Got another one finished before the rain set in. This is a RC10 E-GT conversion. I picked up a slider a while back and mostly finished it with leftover RTR parts and other stuff that was laying around.

Screenshot_20220903-144848_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-144831_Gallery.jpg

Those stagger rib tires are so cool. Your E-GT has the same tire setup I got for my RC10 T4.3 basher rig when the current tires are used up.
-Jerry-

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Side project of the day.

I got tired of having to go out to the shed everytime I needed a vise. I considered one of the clamp on types but they all looked like junk and the reviews confirmed it. Instead, I got this Irwin 4" drill press vise and some JCL nylon jaw pads.

I mounted it to the corner of my desk with some #8 screws, fender washers, and 9/16 od nylon spacers.
Screenshot_20220906-223403_Gallery.jpg

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

I spent the recent 3 day weekend not building the re-re Cougar that I still don't have :cry: Now I am back at work posting on RC car forums while I should be working :lol: so all is not lost.