== LIVE 2008 Vintage Nationals Coverage ==

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Keyz
Approved Member

Re: ** LIVE Vintage Nationals Coverage **

Post by Keyz »

Looks like it was a fantastic event guys!

A great start, and I'm sure when word gets out to other vintage collectors groups (tamiyaclub etc), I'm sure more and more will come out to race..

Thanks for the great updates Mr Lexan, and your pics are awesome! I love the team car over on two wheels after the curb (your first posted pic), keep up the good work! (If you're worried, just remember practice makes perfect, and you have a head start on 99.9% of us!)

Well done all the crew involved.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

clinehobbies wrote:It was great to meet all of you and put face to your names. Lets start planning the next one! I had never raced a off-raod car before and now I am hooked. thanks!

Bill
There you go Cline, I came out of this with the same mentality, I've always loved off road racing, but never had the chance to do organized off road racing. Now I can't get enough of it.

Imma race my double XX in Waterbury till I can get a XXXcr :wink:

Hey Cline like I told ya in the Race, we qualified 8th and 9th in the A-main :shock: at the Vintage Nationals :D nothing to frown upon :wink:

It was awesome sharing R/C stories, and hearing how they started in R/C. Awesome Event, can't stop saying that.

PS, wait till you guys see the line up of all the cars on the straight away, it's gonna make one heck of a screen saver :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

strike one.

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

littleVETTE wrote:

for all girls taking it, or making it, wrong from what i typed you could suck a fat one. you make it seem like i was SUPPOSE to read all the coverage and follow up on it, because i'm a member here. there's no need tell me what this forum is about, or i wouldn't of signed up in the first place. if you got something to say drop me a line or pm me, i would love to hear it. funny people.

:roll:
Have a nice day! :)

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

MelvinsArmy wrote:
littleVETTE wrote:i thought this was going to be a big event. from the pictures, it just looks like it was between some people from this forum.
Way to piss on the parade buddy, thanks. Now stop thinking out loud because it annoys the rest of us who are still high off the weekend.

Here is MrLexan, doing what he does best, thanks again Jay!

big thumbs up buddy.

i always thought of mr. lexan to be an older guy. don't know why?

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Hey littleVette,

Jay aka Mr. Lexan was mainly shooting the RC10Talk guys and their cars, but RC Driver Magazine covered the event and they should be releasing an the Issue in January or Feb. according to the Magazine photographer, he said some pics are going to be posted earlier in the RC driver magazine website :wink: (I hope my car's on it, I didn't put all them RCDriver stickers on my car for nothing :P )

Some of us might be a bit defensive, given the fact this was our coming out party, crowning achievement sort of speak, like when you buy a new hyundai (accent) some people might think is a crappy car, but to me is like owning a BMW :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

tecnica2001 wrote:Hey littleVette,

Jay aka Mr. Lexan was mainly shooting the RC10Talk guys and their cars, but RC Driver Magazine covered the event and they should be releasing an the Issue in January or Feb. according to the Magazine photographer, he said some pics are going to be posted earlier in the RC driver magazine website :wink: (I hope my car's on it, I didn't put all them RCDriver stickers on my car for nothing :P )

Some of us might be a bit defensive, given the fact this was our coming out party, crowning achievement sort of speak, like when you buy a new hyundai (accent) some people might think is a crappy car, but to me is like owning a BMW :D

lmao, the more i read this thread the more i learn about it. rc driver? geez i didn't even know. that's cool. it's cool you guys had a blast. i can't wait to see some footage of the races.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

littleVETTE wrote:
tecnica2001 wrote:Hey Civilguy,

You hit the nail on the head,

And just adding to your post, there were about 60-70 entries, and out those entries, a lot of them haven't heard of or aren't members of the rc10talk forums, many of them bought a car just for this event, cause they're running newer stuff.

That kid that moved from C-main to A-main, Kyle, he's I think 17 yrs. old and runs all modern electric and eighth scale stuff, and he was there running an RC10, so the guys that put this thing together did a heck of a job adverstising this event.

I predict that next year is gonna be even better, there are gonna be more people from the forums coming (hopefully) and more new people wanting to get into vintage racing. Like me :D
lmao, at all the comments.

60-70 entries, now that'll shut me up. i didn't know anything about the race at all. i didn't read anything about it. just some post here and there. everyone was just talking about the "VONATS" race (which btw i thought was some new esc or battery). i was expecting it to be a nationals type thing. like the the title of the race. from the only pictures i seen on the live thread that's all i saw. was people from here. NO ONE mentioned anything about the 60-70 entries. probably because i flipped through all the post and looked at the photos instead. it was cool seeing all the action in the photos. it looked everyone had a blast at the race.

for all girls taking it, or making it, wrong from what i typed you could suck a fat one. you make it seem like i was SUPPOSE to read all the coverage and follow up on it, because i'm a member here. there's no need tell me what this forum is about, or i wouldn't of signed up in the first place. if you got something to say drop me a line or pm me, i would love to hear it. funny people.
What's with the tude? If you had paid ANY attention to this very thread, you would have seen the photos of the race lists that Jay posted, and had an idea of how many people were there. Instead of just going off the handle in a somewhat insulting manner about something you admit that you don't know about, next time think before you speak. Being a wet blanket, then calling people girls and telling them to "suck a fat one" when you don't even know what you're talking about isn't going to win you any friends. Take it down a notch and relax a bit. This is a forum about toy cars that adults play with, we're a pretty relaxed bunch, but we (me) can quickly turn from nice to not-so-nice *cough*asa*cough* when people have an attitude problem.

Anyway, carry on. Let's play nice. 8)

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Looks like everyone had a great time. I hope this race makes it out west so we can put the rest of our faces to a name. :) Maybe even a race for those of you in fly-over land. :)

Great pics, Jay, even if you didn't think they are the best. I'm glad someone made the effort to share with the rest of us.

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

RichieRich wrote:Looks like everyone had a great time. I hope this race makes it out west so we can put the rest of our faces to a name. :) Maybe even a race for those of you in fly-over land. :)

Great pics, Jay, even if you didn't think they are the best. I'm glad someone made the effort to share with the rest of us.
Working on it :shock:

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

strike two

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Please review the rules of the forum and edit your post.

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

I can't wait to get that copy of RC Driver to see what cars made into the Mag!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

clinehobbies wrote:I can't wait to get that copy of RC Driver to see what cars made into the Mag!
Me too! Wonder when it will be out. Doesn't it usually take 2 or 3 months from the time of the event until the magazine article comes out? Seems like that's what it was bitd with RCCA, but maybe things have changed.

I also can't wait to see the video.

JetTech101
Approved Member

Post by JetTech101 »

I was hoping someone would make a video...Who is making a video and where can I get a copy? This is history in the making boys!
Kyosho Ultima's & Turbo Optima's, Team Ass. RC10's, Jammin CRT , RC10TC3, Tamiya F-150, OFNA 9.5