NEW RC10B5

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kaiser
Approved Member

Re: NEW RC10B5

Post by kaiser »

well then, back on topic...

i want a b5. rear motor please. i'll cozy up to mid someday, maybe i'll convert the red headed step child (atomik v2mr) to mid for a try.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

I have a B5M on order. Been running an X-6 squared for a while now and like the balance of the mid motor buggy. I would stay with X factory if the parts werent so difficult to get. Been waiting on an X-6 cubed chassis conversion for so long now, it will probably be faster to get the new Associated car.

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Sugar was tried at SRS before Cactus this year, when Dawn and I owned it... It smelled like poop too. The key is minimal water once its applied... The problem indoors is that the water does not evaporate as quickly.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

henry

Post by henry »

Charlie don't surf wrote:This site is also very much a non racer oriented forum- I think we took a poll once and came up with like 10% regular club racers max. I understand the reasons the UK uses turf indoor and out, and would love to try it myself! But, to say that the US is behind is like me saying how bad Schumachers were vs Yokomos. It's a regional thing, and neither is better...both have positives and negatives such as: US indoor clay is predominately a tire and tire prep war- chassis differences are almost negligible..almost. Eastern US outdoor tracks have a high natural moisture level, and don't need the sugar prep to be consistent, and don't break up. Western US outdoor seems to favor sugar (it is amazing to race on if you can handle the grip) Orange would be a better rep for why, but I did prep our local track with an old-school soda type mixture before a big race and it was great grip...and super low maintenance. But, back to the differences between US/UK...our track layouts for 1/10 seem way more rhythm based.than yours, we use way more air time and what seems to be longer speed sections and sweepers, whereas yours seem to be tight and technical..lots of short timing and such. So it seems to me, that they are different approaches which also may require or favor a different driving style and it different car to maximize the track, the available traction, the tire carcass and size (why are your front tires sooo small LOL)
One other thing I think your post illustrates is the great diversity of track styles in the U.S. In the past 2 years I have raced on, indoor ozite w/ wood jumps, natural terrain "old school" type track, indoor clay, multi soil outdoor track that is large enough to run 1/8 scale.. It's very difficult to get a chassis that can fit all those different parameters. All these different styled tracks are within a 2 hr. driving time for me.

Hence, the reason for 2 different chassis for the B5 series. It's tough to make even a convertible kit work well on all of the above.

nicholasdivitto

Post by nicholasdivitto »

Not to mention the fact that if they try to cater to all those different track styles and driving styles with a single chassis, compromises will be made. Compromises are alright at most things, but the best at nothing.
My current vintage racing lineup: Associated RC10 B2, RC10 Team Car, Losi XXT, XX4, XFactory X5, Schumacher CAT 2000 www.moto-obscura.com

tommy911t
Approved Member

Post by tommy911t »

I agree with "no compromise, get the motor layout you need for your track" in most areas, but Chico proved otherwise. The RB6 was 1st and the B-Max2 was 2nd at this year's worlds race. Both chassis are optional front/mid.

The B5 having two different layouts still makes me scratch my head. One really great thing I'm hearing is that the B5 rear motor will be a huge step forward, while the B5 mid will be a polished version of the current Centro. Perhaps AE firmly believes in rear motor but feels the pressure to add a mid.

Time will tell... I'm simply hoping for they keep the b4.2 an rtr with rtr quality and 12+ year old machines, while they step it up with the quality and materials needed for a racer B5 kit. Rear, mid, or front; just make step up the quality!
Drivers,
Less than five... Go OnTheTone
onthetone.blogspot.com

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

Just landed in Singapore.

“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Cool, I like the white box art! 8)

I'm getting one of each for sure, but I think the rear motor will work best for my track. Still getting a M just cause I would like to try it, how sad is that?

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

nice! i can't wait. might just get the mid to start. i love my b4.1258743 too much right now.

nicholasdivitto

I think I just might get a mid for now too. I have enough rear motor buggies at the moment that I can't justify another just for the sake of having the latest and greatest thing. The mid though, might be real sweet if this trend of super smooth super grippy tracks continues. Or just a novelty, but I'm interested to try it either way.
My current vintage racing lineup: Associated RC10 B2, RC10 Team Car, Losi XXT, XX4, XFactory X5, Schumacher CAT 2000 www.moto-obscura.com

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

nicholasdivitto wrote: might be real sweet if this trend of super smooth super grippy tracks continues.
I've never raced RC, just spent a little time in the late 90's on open practice time. I would be much more interested if the trend went to super loose soft dirt. I think that should be a part of "off road" racing. But this is me just wishful thinking out loud. Big nobby rears and ribbed tires that last a long time would be a bonus.

nicholasdivitto

No, I agree completely. It would be a lot more fun if it was on soft loamy dirt. I think the main issue is track maintenance at that point. Clay stays put pretty well.

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

B5M on pre-order.

Since making the switch to a Centro C4.2 I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to RM (#6002 RC10WC excluded :mrgreen: ). For me it's easier to drive and the car is so balanced it makes up for the slight loss in forward bite compared to my B4.2. None of the dirt tracks I race at are considered high traction, maybe medium at best.
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

I got the B5 RM.... I'm converting my 4.2 to Centro in the same process so that I can drive it and see the differences and if I like it or not. I have driven a couple just to try them and wasn't a big fan... But going to give it a valiant effort with the Centro. I might have a little time to do this anyway because I have a B5 and no spare parts available anywhere locally so far. Driving it might be like trying to nail jello to a tree, :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

I can't even begin to describe how tempted I am to get a B5. I love my B4.1, though, even though it's not the easiest to drive.