93 WCS poss ran at 93 Worlds UK? Magazine Feature!! :-D

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: My first Yokomo - a YZ-10, 93 WCS poss ran at 93 Worlds

Post by DerbyDan »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I can't see any spacing differences in the front ends of the 2 versions
Reggie... it is tricky to see... & explain, the best way I can show it is with the photo below;

These are the original lower bulkhead/diff housing mouldings that came out of my car... i'm not sure if they were actually the original mouldings supplied with the kit for my car but as you can see they have two sets of holes... the more forward set match my original chassis (and appear to be in the same locaton on Masami's chassis) The more rear-ward set are the regular location and would match the holes on the production chassis shown above.... or any 94> YZ-10. The holes to match my chassis appear to have been drilled by hand & the front ones almost break out of the plastic!

YZ-10
Approved Member

Post by YZ-10 »

Photo of 94 set for reference...

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

M2 belts doesent alter the ratio and have same layout Works91/92but the bigger 32 versus 35 does and if you use bigger pulleys you have to move them closer to the layshaft due to they are using the same lenght belt.

mvh Isobarik

mamadoesntletme
Approved Member

Post by mamadoesntletme »

Found the shock towers

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

:shock:

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

mamadoesn`tletme wrote:Found the shock towers

I did get your PM Jose.... I tried replying but just as I went to send it my computer crashed - it was quite a long message & had attached some pictures so kinda gave up :|

Good score on the shock towers - what are your plans for them? Are you intending to use them on a project? The front tower I believe is virtually the same as the 94 one, though I think the 94 production part is flat around the outside of bottom legs where as the WCS part is a continuous radius. The rear tower is of cause WCS specific but the part you have is the production part as differs to the one on my car - there is a radius to the inside of the cutout forming the 'legs' of the tower where as mine is a sharp square cut - also the two holes on mine are slightly larger & in a slightly different position.

Oh, & this week I have mostly been sticking on my spare pair of 'Red' wheel discs onto my one pair of original pink wheels....

Image :wink:

I'm still not convinced as to what were the correct colour discs used on Masami's car, Red or Pink?

Pink dots used on Reggie's tribute/replica car (hope you don't mind me using your image Reggie)

Anybody out there know what was the actual colour of these? Obviously as they are flourescent the camera tends to lie when capturing the true colours.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Hmmm, your cars wheels with the dots ( isn't that the biggest pain in the a#$ cutting the dots!!) Look just like rno' s pic, I might have to change up.

mamadoesntletme
Approved Member

Post by mamadoesntletme »

Dan:he,he,that is Ok. No,I do not plan to do anything..I would not have time and/will to start this car from zero. I saw them in a shop, and just in case I bought them.
Haven`t you though about asking Hirosakasan directly about the wheel colors? He speaks English. Isn`t he working now in Yokomo?
Good job with the wheel dots :D

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Hmmm, your cars wheels with the dots ( isn't that the biggest pain in the a#$ cutting the dots!!) Look just like rno' s pic, I might have to change up.
Well it wasn't too bad - I measured the wheels/ribs & drew out those guides & printed them onto the tracing paper, which makes the cutting out of the dots much easier :wink:

Yes, I agree (I think) that my 'test' wheels do bear a good resemblence to those on R-No's picture.... but on other pictures of Masami's car i'm not so sure :| ... but R-No's picture is also probably the most 'crisp' of the images i've seen.

Big problem I have is that I attempted to dye my white wheels last weekend - after a successfull test run with an old white AE wheel I took the plunge & stuck in my wheels - unfortunately I think I left them in for just that little bit too long and they've come out virtually red :( They are a lovely vibrant colour but unfortunately the wrong colour..... so it looks like i'm going to have to source another set of virgin white wheels :?.... Reggie, did you ever find that ratio/recipe from when you achieved a good match??

@ Jose' I suppose those towers would come in handy for raising a few $$s for future projects for you..... there's actually a front tower on ebay at the moment. Good idea for contacting Hirosakasan - there's probably a few questions i'd like to ask of him - especially with regard to the colours on the shell - like is the green metallic & are the coloured areas painted in flourecents?? By the way how are you? - did you move away from Japan in the end or are you still living there?

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That's very impressive, you taking the time to cut out those wheel disks to fit the ribbed wheels. Great attention to detail!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

R-NO
Approved Member

Post by R-NO »

Anybody out there know what was the actual colour of these? Obviously as they are flourescent the camera tends to lie when capturing the true colours.
The more I look at my pics and the more I think the dots are actually red rather than pink.
Regarding the body colors, yes the green is metallic. None of the colors are fluorescent. Just bright.
Hope this helps

YZ-10
Approved Member

Post by YZ-10 »

Dan, I picked up your Email but have yet to reply sorry :oops: but yes I'd also go with red dots :wink:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

R-NO wrote:
The more I look at my pics and the more I think the dots are actually red rather than pink.
Regarding the body colors, yes the green is metallic. None of the colors are fluorescent. Just bright.
Hope this helps
Arrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!! :lol:

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

R-NO wrote:
Hope this helps
Thanks for that info R-No.... its a great help - looks like i'm going to have to invest in some paint :D (I already had most of the colours but they were mostly flourescent :? ) Its good to have feedback from someone who has seen the original car in the flesh.

I think i'm going to stick with my red dots then.... just now its what to do with my wheels? I could just stick with what I have since little of the wheels are visible once the dots are stuck on.... I might even try to boil them in with some clothes whitener to see if that makes them fade a little?? Or just start again if I can find a second set :?:

Matt, no worries - you must have e'mails coming out of your ears with all the parts/cars that you seem to be collecting judging by your blog :shock:

My intention with this build is not to create a true replica - more a tribute to Masami's winning car... so maybe i'm being too anal in some respects... my original car, it seems, has its own interesting history so I don't want to change too much chassis-wise from how I recieved it :wink:

My only problem at the moment is funding - with my recent un-planned break in work & now much reduced earnings might mean that spending on this project will have to stop for the time being :(

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
R-NO wrote:
Hope this helps
Arrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!! :lol:
Sorry Reggie..... & I know just what a time consuming effort it is sticking on those dots :oops: