Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kaiser
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by kaiser »

stealth parts and white plastics are the most exciting news IMHO.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I'd be quite happy if they only released cars on the 30th anniversary, it's enough to satisfy the market without flooding it and gives everyone something to look forward to every couple of years.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Anybody else slightly concerned about the ebay crowd restoring original RC10s with reproduction Chinese parts then trying to pawn them off as “new vintage builds”? I’m hoping it will be easy to spot a re-pop vs original part.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, I haven't had a chance to go through all 40+ pages. :mrgreen:
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

you guys should check out the thread on tamiya club. it's funny to me how strange they think the goldie is.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

kaiser wrote:you guys should check out the thread on tamiya club. it's funny to me how strange they think the goldie is.
Anything aluminum is pretty foreign to vintage Tamiya enthusiasts. :P :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

kaiser wrote:you guys should check out the thread on tamiya club. it's funny to me how strange they think the goldie is.
indeed!!!

>> It almost felt like I was reading something from the 60s, not the 80s. It has aluminum Philips screws! E-clips and imperial hardware... The six-gear transmission blew my mind -- no slipper clutch and the spur is the diff (like a pan car). Lots of smaller gears. I'd only run a 27T brushed or 17.5T brushless in this. I liked the double bellcrank steering setup with the adjustable center link. It was interesting to see just threaded rod and no turnbuckles.<<

OMG IT HAS ALUMINIUM PHILIPS SCREWS!!!

bwaaahahahaha :lol:

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

trkneller
Approved Member

Post by trkneller »

Any ideas if the "white parts" will be dyable nylon like the originals or just a hard, white plastic?

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Bft450 wrote:Oh man Im a little excited and a little bummed, Ive spent alot of time tracking down parts and pieces and now you will be able to just get it all new. Ill probably get one though as i was too young and poor to get one the first time around. :?
I was on the fence for a bit also with this, but after thinking how cool it will be to open a new box, build it and run the crap out of it like I did many years ago without thinking "what have I done". I am pretty excited. I do hope they are distinguishable from the orig. But all in all I still will love all the original ones I have because they are just that, original. I am just thinking of all the nose and chassis mods I can do with the spare parts available.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

wydraz wrote:
slotcarrod wrote:Dude I have 4 on order, 2 for me and another 2 for Anthony, then 6 more for the shelf! Not sure what the South store ordered but the distributor says they are going nuts with orders!

If this works as a money maker for AE, (and I think it will) After the Stealth tranny, maybe we will see a Team Car, Worlds Car or how about a white plastic 10T? That would be cool as hell!

Happy AE has not forgot their heritage! Oh :idea: How about a RC12is or a RC500 for the future???? :wink:

I would be all up in that! :mrgreen:
Hi Rod I dropped 3 of the rere cards from rcx at the south store before I left. For you, Ian and Doug.... hope you got them?

Dan
Thanks Dan! Hope you have a safe trip and it was nice meeting you, sorry I did not have more time to chit chat, but at work it can be a mad house at times! :|

Take care bro and thanks again! 8)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

GreenHell wrote:Anybody else slightly concerned about the ebay crowd restoring original RC10s with reproduction Chinese parts then trying to pawn them off as “new vintage builds”? I’m hoping it will be easy to spot a re-pop vs original part.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, I haven't had a chance to go through all 40+ pages. :mrgreen:
it wouldnt hurt my feelings a bit to have the re-re parts be exactly the same as the originals...

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

With the popularity of this thread, I am assuming no one is getting any work done. :mrgreen: :lol:

Man, August can't get here fast enough... :(
Jeff

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

GreenHell wrote:Anybody else slightly concerned about the ebay crowd restoring original RC10s with reproduction Chinese parts then trying to pawn them off as “new vintage builds”? I’m hoping it will be easy to spot a re-pop vs original part.

Doesn't bother me personally, as I'll educate myself to be able to spot the differences, and I know where eBay's report an item link is. ;)

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Coelacanth wrote:
Anything winning is pretty foreign to Tamiya enthusiasts! :P :lol:

On another note, I don't want to seem greedy at getting 2 if only 2000 are made (that I doubt). However I want a queen and a runner as usual! :mrgreen: Looking forward to spares, and yes I believe people will try to pass off new parts as original on eBay to the less educated buyer!

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

SFC K wrote:With the popularity of this thread, I am assuming no one is getting any work done. :mrgreen: :lol:

Man, August can't get here fast enough... :(
I call it multi-tasking. Ordering my new RC10s was my first task.

slotcarrod wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:

On another note, I don't want to seem greedy at getting 2 if only 2000 are made (that I doubt). However I want a queen and a runner as usual! :mrgreen: Looking forward to spares, and yes I believe people will try to pass off new parts as original on eBay to the less educated buyer!
Well I have 2 on order for the same reasons and will probably get more if available. Instead of spending $1000 on one, now I can get four. I sure am glad I did not buy that case of 10's a while back. :D
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

slotcarrod wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:
The funniest thing for me is that the post immediately after mine quoted a Tamiya enthusiast's bewilderment with aluminum screws. :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3