Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Synergy
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by Synergy »

Wandy wrote:Across the whole Internet every poster seems to have ordered a couple of them. They will upset a lot of people if that figure really is the truth.
I'm not greedy :P I'm happy to order just one, if another release then follows I might pick another up.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Well, It would seem that Eaustace (MIP) was not kidding me when he said he was pushing them (The Asso US) guys to re-re the RC10 a couple of years ago. I was talking with him about the possible re-re of an MIP conversion kit (the thread is on here somewhere), and he mentioned that he was pushing them hard - as were several others......it has happily worked it seems!

I will be very interested to see whether or not Eaustace will now do a re-re of the conversion - although - with the re-re RC10 being a six gear - kinda limits the chances of the "legend" belt kit being done! ;) I might have to ring him and do some begging of my own!!

Good on Associated for making it happen! It will be interesting sto see if any other aftermarket manufacturers from the day try to jump on the possible action - guess it depends on how "limited" the production run will be.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I wonder if all the interest in the car will catch Associated by surprise. Of course this being the RC10 hub you'd expect most of the orders to come from here. If say there are 200 of us here that order 2 each that's only 400 cars, a far cry from 2000 if that rumor is true. I'd think as a whole 2000 would be sold quite easily but word hasn't really spread much yet. I feel sorry for my fellow Australians who find out about the new car after Wednesday, unless they just buy from the states.

There is still a lot of info to find out, too bad nobody in the know has spilled the beans about it yet.

Hopefully AE doesn't over capitalize on the re-re market.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Lonestar wrote: then again I have plenty enough "real" RC10's already ;)

Paul
Why are these not real rc10's?

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

I guess they may be seen differently by some as they are repros made in China. But it is better to have these than none at all, obviously! It is very cool and I am very happy we are going to see loads more cars about, more members, lower prices, more talk, more running these rather than dusting them on a shelf. But the best thing of all is the spares coming, from my point of view anyway. Especially if the stealth gets made and MIP get on board with hops ups (not bothered about 4x4 - that is why Yokomos were made). I'll be ordering a ton of backup spares to keep my carbon RC10 going forever. So good news all round :D
GARBO 1/8

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Wandy wrote:The 2000 figure simply has to be nonsense doesn't it? Across the whole Internet every poster seems to have ordered a couple of them. They will upset a lot of people if that figure really is the truth.
With that is the limit I could see stores only honoring one order per customer. It's obviously impossible to avoid pissed off customers on a limited run but at least that way more people would have one to enjoy and less kits would be sold to chop shops just looking to just flip parts.

If you want to increase your odds of getting multiple kits it wouldn't hurt to make your pre-orders from different shops, or use different names and billing. ;)

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

flipwils11 wrote:
Lonestar wrote: then again I have plenty enough "real" RC10's already ;)

Paul
Why are these not real rc10's?
:lol:

it's explained in the part of the quote you removed... ;)

Would be great if someone could please point me to the "white plastic" part of the description so I can force myself into jumping on the bandwagon and pull the trigger ;)

Another interesting bit is the " 2000 only" (initially 2500...) part... this topic is a perfect example of an internet echo chamber :?

Anyways - looking forward to prod pics so I can decided whether to pick a few myself or not in the end :mrgreen:

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

I've only just noticed this thread, but what an awesome release for all you RC10 fans!

You guys are really lucky, I very much doubt Losi will do this with the JRX or similar.

It doesnt make sense that the UK should be limited to only a few kits - if so I hope you guys can all come together to make sure everyone on here who wants one can actually get one - we're all brothers after all 8)

Percymon
Approved Member

Post by Percymon »

jamin wrote:It doesnt make sense that the UK should be limited to only a few kits - if so I hope you guys can all come together to make sure everyone on here who wants one can actually get one - we're all brothers after all 8)
I'm sure the allocation will be in line with other Associated sales.

I know of 5 Associated dealers in the UK (i'm sure there are many more)...

MBModels - 7 left of their allocation of 25
Wheelspin models - went on their site yesterday
Apex Models - due on their site today/tomorrow
Modelsport - on their website yesterday
JEModels - 22 left for pre-order as of 2pm today

I have one of the 18 pre-orders with MB. I have email confirmation from Modelsport that my pre-order there will be honoured (so i read that as my order this morning means pre-order numbers were less than their expected/confirmed allocation at that time).

I'd hazard a guess of 200 (10%) coming to UK, maybe 20% for rest of Europe, 10% for Japan, 10% Australia/NZ and 40-50% for home market.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Any news of a Futaba Magnum re-re. :D
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

1300GT

Post by 1300GT »

I can't add much to this thread except for, WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris.

Toys.............they are!

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

CamplinP wrote:Any news of a Futaba Magnum re-re. :D
make it a 2.4ghz that looks and feel's like a 1024pcm and i'm in!

Bft450

Post by Bft450 »

Oh man Im a little excited and a little bummed, Ive spent alot of time tracking down parts and pieces and now you will be able to just get it all new. Ill probably get one though as i was too young and poor to get one the first time around. :?

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

I pre-ordered one to have as a father/son project. I get to be nostalgic and he gets a new buggy, win-win.

+1 on a new Worlds car…
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

To be honest, I hope they don't re-release any more than this. This is good enough. But I do feel it would be cool to have some "conversion" kits..... like the b2 to b3, tc3 to tc3 rally, etc. We already hear a stealth is coming and the new chassis is ready to accept it. Well how about a "wide track front end kit" to create a ce? Add the stealth you got a stealth ce, and basically cover the team and world cars.... in a matter of speaking. Hell, what about a WOIN style kit right from the factory? There is plenty that could be done that revolves around just this single kit.

That's my hopes for it anyway....