A Different Type of Road Rage

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: A Different Type of Road Rage

Post by Lowgear »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Anyone else noticed themselves slowing down as they get older?
Maybe not so much speed wise per se but with my road rage. The way others drive doesn't bother me as much anymore. Now when another driver just did or is doing something stupid I make a joke about it. The reality of it is we're all from different walks of life and have to share the same roads with one another. With the infinite amount of variables that brings, theres always going to be someone doing something that doesn't meet your own perceived flawless driving expertise.

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

I have no problem getting out of the way in the left lane, but if there are 5 cars in front of me tailgating me does not make the 5 cars in front of me go faster, or make the other traffic disappear. Therefore i will roll off the gas just to piss you off.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Found this and just had to post it. I'm sure there's a witty comment in here somewhere. :lol:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/22/Q1IJJDUPl0qSnp7Vb-G-AQ2.gif
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Halgar wrote:Here we have flipwils passing LTO Dave. :mrgreen:
Halgar, don't lie, this must be you with the yellow sign on your grocery cart causing backups in the aisle. I'm he exasperated dude with the baseball hat on.
denverpost.jpg

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

Interesting read. I lived and drove in Germany for 3 years and can tell you that the majority of North American drivers are lacking an incredible amount of skill and awareness. Dave, if you transferred that same set of driving ideals to an Autobahn in Germany, you'd have a lot of angry drivers flashing their high beams at you. They follow the flow of traffic idea so much so that speed limits change based on the amount of traffic on the Autobahn. Less traffic = higher speed limit. Very little traffic means bury your right foot to your hearts (wallets!) content. With respect to driving conditions as well, of course. Keep in mind this is on 2 and 3 lane Autobahns, not the 6 lane divided highways we have here. Not only did I feel completely safe driving there, I learned a few things that help me avoid precarious driving situations on a daily basis.

As for newly immigrated drivers here, and drivers in general, I believe that the driving tests should be made much harder. If we demand a greater amount from ourselves in terms of driving knowledge and ability, that will transfer to safer and smarter driving on the roads. If someone isn't ready to drive on our roads, or even worse, too nervous or afraid to drive, for crying out loud stay off the road! Did you know that most first time test takers in London do not pass...? Sweden and Germany are other countries with stringent driving license testing regimes. It'd be beneficial to all for to make our testing more stringent.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

our driver's ed tests today are geared towards knowing anything and everything regarding fines and regulations for DWI/DUI, with a smattering of actual driving content.

As an original Jersey guy living in PA, I can tell you that the left lane business in this state pi$$es me off to NO end. I have also noticed a general slowdown lately, people basically Sunday driving at ALL times.

My favorite is someone going well under the speed limit in the left lane, coming up on them, they miraculously move into the right lane, and once you pass, leisurely swerving back into the left lane.

And another thing. Is everyone fearful of rolling their cars over nowadays? Is that some kind of fear that is taught in school or something? Everyone rolls along, and comes to a DEAD STOP before turning the corner. WTF? Like you are driving a tractor trailer or something.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Halgar wrote:Found this and just had to post it. I'm sure there's a witty comment in here somewhere. :lol:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/22/Q1IJJDUPl0qSnp7Vb-G-AQ2.gif

Well at least he had the courtesy to move over to the right lane, after flipwils gave him a little motivation! :lol:

As for shopping carts! It's always some poor white trash land beast that blocks the isles at Walmart, :roll: don't piss me off when I'm in a hurry to buy ammo and Oreos! :lol:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

AscotConversion wrote:I have no problem getting out of the way in the left lane, but if there are 5 cars in front of me tailgating me does not make the 5 cars in front of me go faster, or make the other traffic disappear. Therefore i will roll off the gas just to piss you off.
What works for me (again, only if I'm in the left lane with a bunch of cars right in front of me and therefore nowhere to go) when some buttskid rides right up my backside: I flick on the four-way flashers and tap the brakes. That usually wakes them up. It's actually a good thing I did that one day a few years ago because some guy was right behind me with less than 2 car-lengths at highway speeds. He backed off. About a mile further down the road, an almost-accident happened ahead and I had to press the brakes and stop a lot more suddenly than usual. If that buttskid was right behind me as before, he would've ended up laying in the bed of my Dakota I was driving at the time, if he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

slotcarrod wrote:
Halgar wrote: As for shopping carts! It's always some poor white trash land beast that blocks the isles at Walmart, :roll: don't piss me off when I'm in a hurry to buy ammo and Oreos! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[youtube]gT_2Q_LGgH8[/youtube]

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

flipwils11 wrote:Halgar, don't lie, this must be you with the yellow sign on your grocery cart causing backups in the aisle. I'm he exasperated dude with the baseball hat on.
Nah, I'm the dude rocking the fur coat and do-rag waiting for fatty to get her candy corn oreo buttcheeks outta da way! :lol:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Halgar wrote:
flipwils11 wrote:Halgar, don't lie, this must be you with the yellow sign on your grocery cart causing backups in the aisle. I'm he exasperated dude with the baseball hat on.
Nah, I'm the dude rocking the fur coat and do-rag waiting for fatty to get her candy corn oreo buttcheeks outta da way! :lol:
How many gold toofths you rockin? Keep yo pimp hand strong!!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Charlie don't surf wrote:How many gold toofths you rockin? Keep yo pimp hand strong!!
I'z gotz free gold toofs, workin' on a whole shiny grill.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

flipwils11 wrote:This thread has been highly entertaining I must say. I do find it hilarious that someone would own a Mitsubishi Evo that they don't want to drive for fear of other people's driving behaviors.
My EVO is not my daily driver, again this thread should explain why. :wink: The faster you drive, the more fuel and money you burn, which is contradictory to what a commuter car is for.

I have an AWD Eagle Talon that I drive to and from work. Get this, an 18-year-old car with NO airbags, NO ABS, NO active stability or self-parking nonsense, nor any other safety features. And I feel safer in it than new cars with all the gizmos that most people don't need.

And my Civic is a classic at almost 23-years-old with many period-correct JDM and EDM parts that I consider irreplaceable, so it deserves to be driven gently. :D

I agree with jwscab about today's PA driving tests from what I've heard. There should be more focus on driving, considering it's a driving test after all. What's the testing like in other countries for some of you members outside the U.S.?

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Anyone share road rage over the use of petroleum with reckless abandon?