Fibre-lyte Graphite Buggy

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Re: Fibre-lyte Graphite Buggy

Post by flipwils11 »

I have a new case in a never run CE with stealth trans I would be happy to supply if someone wants to reproduce them in aluminum.

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

scr8p wrote:i'm pretty sure scott won that above trans on ebay awhile back. he put it in a rc10 truck conversion, which i believe doug bought, and is how he got it.
This one did come out of the truck conversion from Scott. Actually I bought the truck mainly for the trans case. I would be happy to send the case out if someone wants to make copies.

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

That is lookin SEXY...woow carbon and alum :mrgreen:

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

This is pretty close to being complete. Just a few tweaks here and there but this is basically it. Haven't completely decided on the front tire choice and still need to decide on a body.

nsr250_repsol
Approved Member

Post by nsr250_repsol »

Looks great! What body are you going to use and do you have a paint sceame in mind?
eBay ID: Nsr250_sp_repsol

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

:shock:
Looks awesome man very nice job, I am thinking that on the body you need to go with some cool aftermarket body.

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

Not sure on the body yet. Maybe a MLR unser or mirage? It will be a little while as I don't want to paint in the house due to a pregnant wife and a little one running around. It's currently -7 in Minnesota so I have some time before I will be out in the garage doing anything. :lol: For the paint colors I was thinking something like white and charcoal with either red or blue accents.

Trying to decide on a wing. I was planning on the aluminum dirt burners wing but also have this Trinity "Joel Johnson" graphite wing. Technically it is a 1/12th scale pan car wing and would never stand up to dirt racing but I kind of doubt this buggy will see much track time. Might look cool though. Any thoughts?

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Sweet car for sure! The perfect 2wd twin of my MIP 4-10 Fibre-Lyted-Tecnacrafted project. I went with a Tecnacraft wing and a Hot Bodies Stealth body if I remember correctly. I will have a second kid in July, we'd better use our spare time now that we still have some...lol

Oh, and Best Wishes to anyone reading this!

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Asso_man! wrote:Sweet car for sure! The perfect 2wd twin of my MIP 4-10 Fibre-Lyted-Tecnacrafted project. I went with a Tecnacraft wing and a Hot Bodies Stealth body if I remember correctly. I will have a second kid in July, we'd better use our spare time now that we still have some...lol

Oh, and Best Wishes to anyone reading this!
Yes, speaking from experience, it gets mighty tough. And it should go without saying (but I'll blurt it out anyway) that the 2nd will have a distinct personality and may not be as "easy" as your 1st is.

My son will be 5 in February but we're enjoying our RC time together and then our daughter will turn 1 in 2 days. She is a smart cookie, but doesn't like to nap leaving very little downtime for anyone else to get stuff accomplished.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I'll throw my 2 cents of experience in too.....my oldest is 3 (as of christmas), and my second turned 6 months just around the same time, both boys.

personalities are like night and day at this point, I hope the 3 yr old is just going through the terrible 3's.....the baby is very easy going, and not as high strung as the first, so your experiences could go either way for you....and hopefully both are not high strung!!

I was off through the holidays (total of 12 days) and I think I got 2 meaningful days of stuff done, in between my oldest clinging to me like glue, hahhahhah!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I have the same wing, and I have held mine up to my Composite Craft worlds car, and it looks hot.

I vote for the carbon wing 8)

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

Asso_man! wrote:I will have a second kid in July, we'd better use our spare time now that we still have some...lol
I was thinking the exact same thing :lol: Our daughter is an amazing little person and will be turning 2 next month. They definitely keep you busy! With the second one on the way later this spring I am using the winter months to get to some of my long term builds as well as cleaning up my hobby space (which keeps getting smaller as our family get's bigger). I've been selling off some cars and parts that I know I just won't get to as my time get's busier.
Asso_man! wrote: The perfect 2wd twin of my MIP 4-10 Fibre-Lyted-Tecnacrafted project. I went with a Tecnacraft wing and a Hot Bodies Stealth body if I remember correctly.
Your 4wd was a huge inspiration for me to do this build. That is an awesome buggy and really got me going on this one. It would have been cool to put in a 4-10 kit but the price of those have kept me away from them. I have the older chain kit in a gold pan and would someday like to build a belt drive to go with it but it will have to be a lot better deal than what they have been selling for lately.
Charlie don't surf wrote:I have the same wing, and I have held mine up to my Composite Craft worlds car, and it looks hot.
I have to agree. It is a cool looking wing.

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

Asso_man! wrote:I will have a second kid in July, we'd better use our spare time now that we still have some...lol
I was thinking the exact same thing :lol: Our daughter is an amazing little person and will be turning 2 next month. They definitely keep you busy! With the second one on the way later this spring I am using the winter months to get to some of my long term builds as well as cleaning up my hobby space (which keeps getting smaller as our family get's bigger). I've been selling off some cars and parts that I know I just won't get to as my time get's busier.
Asso_man! wrote: The perfect 2wd twin of my MIP 4-10 Fibre-Lyted-Tecnacrafted project. I went with a Tecnacraft wing and a Hot Bodies Stealth body if I remember correctly.
Your 4wd was a huge inspiration for me to do this build. That is an awesome buggy and really got me going on this one. It would have been cool to put in a 4-10 kit but the price of those have kept me away from them. I have the older chain kit in a gold pan and would someday like to build a belt drive to go with it but it will have to be a lot better deal than what they have been selling for lately.
Charlie don't surf wrote:I have the same wing, and I have held mine up to my Composite Craft worlds car, and it looks hot.
One vote for carbon!

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

railey72 wrote:Yeah, the chassis is too wide at the rear bulkhead so they include little spacer squares. No trimming of the chassis was necessary for the rear arms. Not sure if using the Andy's made a difference but I didn't have any issues. The rear arm mounts are pretty tight against the bulkhead but it did all bolt together.
I used an original "vintage" ComCom chassis on mine, it also went with the spacers included, but I had to trim the rear of the chassis to accomodate for the rear arm mounts. Maybe they changed that on the new mold?

Here's the complete building thread: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4810&p=45785&hilit=mip+4+10+fybre+lite#p45785

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

beautiful car, I love those tubs and the choice of aftermarket parts you chose is a masterpeice. but you might want to rethink to smaller front tires I think that would make it even better.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714