Anybody got one of these? Love to see your pictures.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fastang
Approved Member

Re: Anybody got one of these? Love to see your pictures.

Post by fastang »

lexus-5 wrote:Dave, here's my latest build and it only took me 3 DAYS!
How's that Sassy Chassy coming along???? :?: :shock:
I don't know if you plan to run this car but I would put 2 more standoffs under the nose tubes. One good hit and I think the upper braces would snap the way it is now.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

SofaKing wrote:Okay, as promised. Tranny loaded with Thorp 48p gears, pinned diff and Kose axles in place. I'm stoked on how the rear end has come together so far. Any comments or criticism are always welcome. Thanks, Dave
Sassy rear 3.jpg
Sassy rear 2.jpg
I'm loving this build - those combination of anodised blue, & white parts just look so crisp.... reminds of an old-skool BMX 8)

By the way, what was the advantage of running one of these Sassy chassis over the usual tub or graphite? As a flat peice of Ali - you would have thought there would be a fair bit of flex??

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

DerbyDan wrote:
SofaKing wrote:Okay, as promised. Tranny loaded with Thorp 48p gears, pinned diff and Kose axles in place. I'm stoked on how the rear end has come together so far. Any comments or criticism are always welcome. Thanks, Dave
Sassy rear 3.jpg
Sassy rear 2.jpg
I'm loving this build - those combination of anodised blue, & white parts just look so crisp.... reminds of an old-skool BMX 8)

By the way, what was the advantage of running one of these Sassy chassis over the usual tub or graphite? As a flat peice of Ali - you would have thought there would be a fair bit of flex??
DerbyDan, I think you are correct on adding the supports. I don't plan on running this one anyway but if someone ever did run it that would be a good option. Thanks for the suggestion.
Remember it's either a runner or a shelfer. Everything else is just parts.

Check out my Gallery for more Collection Pictures http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=20697

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

Sassy rear 3.jpg
Sassy rear 2.jpg
Dave,
what have I got that I can trade you for this car when you get finished?

Check out my Gallery for more Collection Pictures http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=20697

SofaKing
Approved Member

Post by SofaKing »

lexus-5 wrote:Dave, here's my latest build and it only took me 3 DAYS!]
Now I feel like a slow poke with my build :oops: That's a great looking car you've got there!
DerbyDan wrote:I'm loving this build - those combination of anodised blue, & white parts just look so crisp.... reminds of an old-skool BMX 8)

First off thanks and I love the comparison seeing as I'm a BMX guy myself. I don't think there was any advantage running these off road (it might do well in oval racing). I'm pretty sure after a couple rough landings this thing would fold like a taco. I've got a real nice graphite runner so this is just for the shelf, I will however complete it enough to do a test drive around the living room :wink:

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Talk about another blast from the past. I will always remember this, because it was really coincidental that it happened during the height of my RC infatuation. My Mom had her 20th highschool reunion and she brought me to the picnic portion. One of the guys that she knew from highschool was talking with us and I must have said something about my rc car (RC10 of course!), and it turned out he was the owner/founder of Sassis Chassis. I remember him giving me a free chassis and some other goodies and he had a stockpile of stuff in his new RV that he and his wife drove around to various industry trade shows. This would have been summer of 1989 I think.

Wish I had some pictures!

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

flipwils11 wrote:Talk about another blast from the past. I will always remember this, because it was really coincidental that it happened during the height of my RC infatuation. My Mom had her 20th highschool reunion and she brought me to the picnic portion. One of the guys that she knew from highschool was talking with us and I must have said something about my rc car (RC10 of course!), and it turned out he was the owner/founder of Sassis Chassis. I remember him giving me a free chassis and some other goodies and he had a stockpile of stuff in his new RV that he and his wife drove around to various industry trade shows. This would have been summer of 1989 I think.

Did you ever do a build or use any of the stuff he gave you?

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

lexus-5 wrote:
Yep, I used the chassis he gave me for a while. It was silver/bare aluminum and looked like the ones you guys have posted pictures of. I'm trying to remember what other goodies he gave me, but the chassis was what stuck in my mind the most.

I had drilled the gold tub from my RC10 full of so many holes to reduce weight that it looked pretty sad, so I did use the Sassis Chassy one for a while.

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

lexus-5 wrote:
flipwils11 wrote:Talk about another blast from the past. I will always remember this, because it was really coincidental that it happened during the height of my RC infatuation. My Mom had her 20th highschool reunion and she brought me to the picnic portion. One of the guys that she knew from highschool was talking with us and I must have said something about my rc car (RC10 of course!), and it turned out he was the owner/founder of Sassis Chassis. I remember him giving me a free chassis and some other goodies and he had a stockpile of stuff in his new RV that he and his wife drove around to various industry trade shows. This would have been summer of 1989 I think.

Why do you keep quoting yourself? I can't even figure out how you do it? :lol:

m_vice
Approved Member

Post by m_vice »

fastang wrote:
lexus-5 wrote:

Why do you keep quoting yourself? I can't even figure out how you do it? :lol:
x2 :lol:

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

Click the quote box upper right top. Then above the Post a Reply box click quote and write your "quote" between the two quote symbols.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i'll give you a dollar if you stop doing it, because it's getting kind of annoying.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

X2, or 3

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I found a photo in an old archive I kept as a kid. Sorry that these are really poor. I was 11 years old and using a very, very cheap point and shoot camera. Also this is an iphone (3 megapixel) photo of my old picture.

This is when I had converted it to a mid-engine layout and very little remained of my original RC10. Chassis is the Sassis Chassy that the guy gave me, probably circa 1988 or 1989.

SofaKing
Approved Member

Post by SofaKing »

Finally got a few updates for you. Thanks to rc10resto I decided to change up the wheels a bit 8)
Sassy 1.jpg
Sassy 2.jpg
Sassy 3.jpg