Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by flipwils11 »

Turning to the subject of parts... I have been thinking about chassis, nose plates, and motor plates. If they make extras of these it might be another item I buy a few of and hold on to.

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

Yep, $130 and the side of the box says this...

Nothings changed. That's why I can't understand when an RC company releases a model along with a high suggested price, everyone freaks out. I remember the price for the re-re Bruiser was over $1000, maybe almost $1200, and Tower will ship one to you for $700...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Msrp is and always has been a high number to keep in line with part pricing. There just isn't a huge discount on parts like there is on kits.

To try to control this, Horizon started the "street price" a long time ago when I was still working the counter, and if you sold (or advertised I guess) below their "street price" you could kiss your account goodbye.

There is very very little made on kits, look at it this way- the average margin on parts is 40%. Shop pays $6 and sells it for $10. So they make $4. On a kit they sell for $250 they are paying around $220 ballpark. That's where the msrp comes in, that's the price that the shop would be making their 40% at but they could never actually sell it for that.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Scott S.
Approved Member

Post by Scott S. »

I will be getting a few.....Cant wait.
* Team Associated * Reedy * LRP * Proline * Avid * Byrons Fuel * TFR *

Taylorm
Approved Member

Post by Taylorm »

I was just at the local Hobby Town yesterday and picked up an issue of
RCCA to see what was in it... Saw the RC10 ad inside the front cover
and thought weird having an ad like that in there... Looked at RedRC
this morning and couldn't believe what I was reading!!!!!... I was like
12 years old with a grasshopper and my cousin showed up with an
RC10.... Light years ahead of everything else....think ill order 2...I just
want to know what "limited production" means....

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

gomachv wrote:Msrp is and always has been a high number to keep in line with part pricing. There just isn't a huge discount on parts like there is on kits.

To try to control this, Horizon started the "street price" a long time ago when I was still working the counter, and if you sold (or advertised I guess) below their "street price" you could kiss your account goodbye.

There is very very little made on kits, look at it this way- the average margin on parts is 40%. Shop pays $6 and sells it for $10. So they make $4. On a kit they sell for $250 they are paying around $220 ballpark. That's where the msrp comes in, that's the price that the shop would be making their 40% at but they could never actually sell it for that.
Exactly. I understand how it works, and it makes sense. I mentioned the Bruiser because there was so much excitement, met by so much "I won't pay $1200 for a Bruiser!!" commentary. Funny...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I still won't pay what they want for a bruiser :lol: last one I bought was $100 used and until another one comes along I'm all good.

I think $250 (or less with coupons) is a pretty good price for a kit that will turn us back into 12 year olds for a while.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Wandy wrote:
terry.sc wrote:
wydraz wrote:Just met the man himself Roger Curtis. He signed 2 cards for me....says he has no idea why the buggy is so popular and he wouldn't have rereleased it!
So for all the talk in this thread earlier about Chinese companies, if Associated was still US owned we wouldn't have had the rerelease. :lol:
I think this is very, very true. While all of the speculation has been going on over the last month I did a bit of reading up about Thunder Tiger and it seems they are looking to become a big player with the likes of Tamiya & Kyosho in their sights. I am sure they will have watched Tamiya's re-releases doing well and thought they could gain some serious rep by doing something similar with their "own" classic. I'm sure that this project has been driven heavily by TT and without their funding this would never have got off the ground, but ultimately it is Tamiya's groundwork in opening up a new niche that has allowed this amazing re-release to happen.

I wonder what Kyosho make of it all?
Interesting thoughts. Coincidentally, where my head went when I saw it was "if there was never an RC10talk, would we have had this re-release?" ..but maybe that's a bit site-o-centric. 8)
- Brian -

My Gallery

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Just finished my Tower pre-order...so how many are planning on actually running theirs? I have a feeling I am in the minority. Not only run, but I plan on racing it :)
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

abailey21
Approved Member

Post by abailey21 »

I plan on racing, I'm having a hell of a time trying to pick out an electronics package. I've been staring at my cart all morning

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

What's all this brushless stuff these young whippersnappers are talking about?
:mrgreen: I would love to run one of mine that are coming but it will probably have old school electronics. It's not in
My future to purchase new batteries, chargers, speed controls and motors just to burn up some tires.
Factory Works website

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Would be cool to see LRP/Reedy sell a nice BL combo kit catering to the rere. Maybe use retro colors and such. 8)

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Orange wrote:I paid $150 for a brand new team car when it first came out... I bought it at the LHS. It wasn't a deal or a buddy price, it was what was marked on the box and what they normally sold the car kit for. All this talk of spending what was marked on the side of the box blows me away.
i hear that ... $250 is not insane but lets not forget the b4 is rtr brushless/2.4. sells for $250. $250 is high for a kit {better be full bearings}but its alot better deal then the tamiya stuff . $199 would have been less of a slap in the face.. whats the team car gonna be? $300! oh well its good to see this rc10 . hope to see the kit soon. cant wait to see what they did to the trans

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Of course the rumors are flying....bushing kit, not bearings (hard to believe in today's world), and isnt Tower's first price for pre-orders usually a bit on the safe/high side? I'm thinking a real street price (well hoping) is 199 or less.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

ya but if u wait to long u will miss your shot to own one. i did that with the rere of the tamiya blk porsche it sold out so fast i never had a shot. and they were all sold before it was even in stock all preorder sales!