.:clodbuster thread:. =]

Welcome to the new home of ClodTalk!

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Forum rules
Keep it all things Clod!
whodat

Re: .:clodbuster thread:. =]

Post by whodat »

Yep A.E shocks. only the best :) ....yes I have a few RC10s ill post some pics soon .

Inspector Gadget
Approved Member

Post by Inspector Gadget »

Hey GAMMACRUSH hope you like the clodbuster with the aluminum wheels and chassis , you bought it for me a couple of months ago in hemet. It looks good with the blue body what happened to the motors?

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

yesss sir i remember!!! im glad you made it to the site. i have the losi motors, i took them out of the clod and right now have them in plastic baggies. im going to put them in my vintage rc cars. cool man you should post some of your cool stuff hehe.

odorcide

Post by odorcide »

I when I was young and dumb I bought a USA-1 and had nothing but trouble with it. Still regret to this day that I never bought a Clodbuster, I could never find any good aftermarket parts for it :(

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Thought I'd add my latest Clods. First my 2.2 class crawler. Home designed torsion chassis, 60t motors, 9T pinions, front dig, Proline wheels and tyres, Thundertech axles and HPI Baja Bug body.

Super class. Same torsion chassis, 65T motors, 9T pinions, 10 cells mounted on the knuckles, front and rear dig, Axial wheels, Moab XL tyres, JConcepts Revo Tango body.

The chassis.

m2fit4u2
Approved Member

Post by m2fit4u2 »

Love the Clods!
Attachments
CLOD&TOYS 12.JPG
Clod Snow 123.JPG
Shrunk.JPG

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

m2fit4u2
Approved Member

Post by m2fit4u2 »

Here are a few more pics for the heck of it. I also added a picture of my Clodbuster having a tug of war with a USA-1, that is a rare site indeed.
Attachments
Clod vs USA-1.PNG
Clod vs USA-1.PNG (132.97 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
Clod vs USA-1.PNG
Clod vs USA-1.PNG (132.97 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
1213.JPG
1234.JPG

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

shodog wrote:Here is my clod. http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=7254&id=34

Sadly it has not progressed much more than what you see in the photos. To be honest if it were not for the Tecnacraft wheels and and the dirt cheap deal I got on it, I wouldn't have one. I bought this new built clod from a guy at an RC swap meet for $150. The guy threw in a free Boomerang which i turned on eBay for $80 so essentially I got this truck for $70. It's an early version with the Chevrolet tail gate and bowtie grill. Some day if I can score a sweet deal or I win the lottery, I'd like to have a full JPS chassis set up.

On another note, a local amusment park named Paramounts Great America has these sweet clods available to run for $.50 http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=22490&id=34

sorry to back track soo much but i wanted to see if anyone had more info on amusment park clods.. i drove them at places before and wanted to know how they were set up(they run all day and dont break)this is the most info i could find http://www.monduce.com/products.htm and the link above just sends me to tamiyaclub

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

From what I can see, it has full JPS axles and suspension arms. The chassis looks like a Sassy clone of some kind, it may have been a special made Sassy or ESP chassis, or perhaps made by some other shop. Motors appear to be Tamiya Sport Tuned, but I could be wrong. I'm sure it has some crazy battery set up that allows it to run for hours at a time, and some electronics we've never even heard of. That full JPS/Sassy-type set up should be pretty much indestructible, especially since it's probably run on a mostly smooth surface. I thought I had seen some amusement park Clods that had inflatable tires.

I'd like to know what that thing sticking out of the side of the front of the chassis with the wires coming out of it is.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

MelvinsArmy wrote:From what I can see, it has full JPS axles and suspension arms. The chassis looks like a Sassy clone of some kind, it may have been a special made Sassy or ESP chassis, or perhaps made by some other shop. Motors appear to be Tamiya Sport Tuned, but I could be wrong. I'm sure it has some crazy battery set up that allows it to run for hours at a time, and some electronics we've never even heard of. That full JPS/Sassy-type set up should be pretty much indestructible, especially since it's probably run on a mostly smooth surface. I thought I had seen some amusement park Clods that had inflatable tires.

I'd like to know what that thing sticking out of the side of the front of the chassis with the wires coming out of it is.
motors look to me as not any normal rc replacement motors. look where the wires come out. and i thought sport tuned motors were tuned to be forword rotation only??if you look at the rear wheel it looks to have a tube in it.. im thinking of runing tubes in my clod or txt i just dont want to put a huge hole in my rim..and like you said I'd like to know what that thing sticking out of the side of the front of the chassis with the wires coming out of it is.plus the battery /esc/motors set up there runing and the chassis there runing... just think how cool would it be to have a clod set up like this...you could go walking in the woods with your clod for hours and never have to pick it up to carry it back

m2fit4u2
Approved Member

Post by m2fit4u2 »

That would be awsome. I run 16 cells in my clod with stock silver cans and I only get about 45 minutes runtime using moderate throttle. I could get longer runtime I am sure if I used higher quality batteries. I am willing to bet this clod has some sort of rpm limiter to accomplish a couple different things: One to keep the speed down to prevent wear and tear and the destruction of the truck, and two, to allow for the extra long run times.

jboehm

Post by jboehm »

My contribution. Eventually I may modify it. As of now it is an original 20+ year old monster.

delsami
Approved Member

Post by delsami »

i sold it tho..
xxx,lunchbox,blackfoot,t4,2 rc10ce's,rc10 graphite,rc10 worlds car,2 rc10 t's,xx4---GONE:mip4wdrc10,rpm worlds,houge rc10,super clod,sand scorcher,f103,frog,xxxt,b2,b3,tc3,jrx2,fox,yr4-m2 usa,yz-10 many more LOL

pituk
Approved Member

Post by pituk »

I just picked one up at the swapmeet this morning , never realized how big they are . By the time I got to the car my arms where getting pretty tired . I bought it for $60 , seems to have nice parts . Trinity monster motors , headlights and some alloy parts. Everything seems to be stamped Tamiya Japan 1987 , is this the model year for the truck ? I also noticed the Clods on this thread have a black chassis was chrome added later or is this just an option , aftermarket chassis . Hope to get it running soon !