Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Wandy
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by Wandy »

RC104ever wrote:
Wandy wrote: Hi Wandy - welcome! To answer your question - building the RC10 compared to the only Tamiya I've build (Sand Scorcher) is quite different. What I mean is there is a lot more detail involved and the car overall is much more intricate. BUT - its not a pain in the butt either, just more involved in terms of the amount of stuff needed (like building the shocks for example). I would say that it is NOT hard (I did it as a kid) just time consuming.
Cheers bud, that sounds good. I like a challenging build anyway but I'm not so good at craftwork so if there was lots of chopping and filing that made a crucial difference to the way the car runs I might have been in trouble. :P

Wandy
Approved Member

Post by Wandy »

terry.sc wrote:Welcome Wandy, you will find a lot of the old TC members moved over to here.

You couldn't just screw the originals together with just the kit tools and a screwdriver, to get the best out of the gearbox involved deburring all the internal gears first, and Associated suggest the use of a vice and hammer to help assemble the gearbox, and you had to bend the anti roll bar wire to shape then solder the ball joints on the ends of it. You can see the original manual here
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10/Team/rc10_manual.pdf I doubt the new kits will be so involved.
Hi Terry, yeah I've noticed some familiar names on here when I've been lurking. Seems like a lot of the old skool founders of TC just fell out of love with the place as it evolved into the huge beast that it has now become.

That manual does not seem too bad at all, infact I quite like the personal style of it and the way they almost hold your hand through the build. Quotes like "DO NOT take anything else out of the bag" I could have done with reading in some of my Tamiya builds when I have ended up with a whole pile of tiny screws & fasteners sprawled all over the table. :lol:

Wandy
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action

Post by Wandy »

terry.sc wrote:
wydraz wrote:Just met the man himself Roger Curtis. He signed 2 cards for me....says he has no idea why the buggy is so popular and he wouldn't have rereleased it!
So for all the talk in this thread earlier about Chinese companies, if Associated was still US owned we wouldn't have had the rerelease. :lol:
I think this is very, very true. While all of the speculation has been going on over the last month I did a bit of reading up about Thunder Tiger and it seems they are looking to become a big player with the likes of Tamiya & Kyosho in their sights. I am sure they will have watched Tamiya's re-releases doing well and thought they could gain some serious rep by doing something similar with their "own" classic. I'm sure that this project has been driven heavily by TT and without their funding this would never have got off the ground, but ultimately it is Tamiya's groundwork in opening up a new niche that has allowed this amazing re-release to happen.

I wonder what Kyosho make of it all?

abailey21
Approved Member

Post by abailey21 »

marlo wrote:
abailey21 wrote:Is it weird that I have mine pre-ordered and I'm getting (New tech of course) a Novak ESC, Rev Tech motor and Reedy batteries?
If I missed it, Sorry, but where was it pre ordered? tower?

yes. here's the link

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDPNE&P=7

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Stay away for a couple days and all heck breaks loose!

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

I'm in. My Paypal just took a hit to the tune of 250.
- Brian -

My Gallery

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

just ordered 2 and used the save $50 code ugh like $1 away from using the save $60 code lol!!! though the $250 was a very good price since the org kit was $225-$250 was very happy with that! :)

CTYankee
Approved Member

Post by CTYankee »

ca-rj wrote:Pre ordered mine! It's like Christmas 1987 all over again, except this RC10 will have bearings and an ESC (something I always dreamed mine would have).

Now, what brushless motor to put in? I have a Reedy 7.5T not in use, but I think that would be too much for the car.
I was told it will NOT have bearings, but bushings. What the guy at the Associated Booth said:

-Gold Pan
-updated 6 gear (can handle a tame BL)
-No electronics
-same size tires and wheels (also available as parts)
-body will include the driver
-bushings
-no drilling (servo mounts), no de-burring gears, not sure about press fitting the other tranny parts
-parts WILL be distinguishable from originals so the vintage kits won't lose their value

ETA??? They are still in "post production" (Packaging, documents, BOM, etc)

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

I ordered 2 from tower . Free shipping and gold coupon applied . :D :D

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

I just ordered one from tower but I might have to add a couple more! :D

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

I just pre-ordered myself as well. $210 for it shipped to my door, that's not too much more than what it cost for the original, considering the 30 year time-span...

Here's the receipt, from Tower, that came with my Edinger...

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

i would love to know what the offical total production will be after all is said and done to see how limited it will be.

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

Timmy2Tracks wrote:I just pre-ordered myself as well. $210 for it shipped to my door, that's not too much more than what it cost for the original, considering the 30 year time-span...

Here's the receipt, from Tower, that came with my Edinger...
thats so cool!!!!! tower always was the leader in great prices and still is!!!

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

On tower it says kit number 6001. I guess I will finally have a place to use all my extra Avid bearings. I see a B4.2 tranny hack in the future.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

I paid $150 for a brand new team car when it first came out... I bought it at the LHS. It wasn't a deal or a buddy price, it was what was marked on the box and what they normally sold the car kit for. All this talk of spending what was marked on the side of the box blows me away.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback