Scr8p's shop

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Re: Scr8p's shop

Post by slapshot1979 »

sweet car :D Big bolcks make the heart beat faster.

Please tell me he's ditching the crager ss's, Id rather poke my eye with a stick than run ss's :lol:

How does one end up with a dent in a quarter body line like that and not total the wheel well?? :lol:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

scr8p wrote:A real one or aftermarket?
Real, all steel!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

slapshot1979 wrote:sweet car :D Big bolcks make the heart beat faster.

Please tell me he's ditching the crager ss's, Id rather poke my eye with a stick than run ss's :lol:

How does one end up with a dent in a quarter body line like that and not total the wheel well?? :lol:
I think he's leaning towards the factory rallys, but that's next years problem. :mrgreen:

Oh, and don't worry, the wheel well is in too. :wink:
20130915_125519.jpg

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

396 cars are so undervalued...Is it a 4 speed numbers matching car ???? My favorite is the 69 Camaro with the 396 / 375 horse one...Hugger orange of course...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Been slowly getting this thing back together as time allows. The carb is just sitting there..... checking clearances. Still got a ways to go but it should be off the stand soon. Then ill move on to cleaning up the trans and installing the converter lockup wiring.
20130917_141922.jpg

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That looks awesome. When it comes time to paint my car...gawd knows when that'll be...I want to paint the block something similar to Sublime green. That might sound crazy for a Dodge motor, but my paint scheme will be the car & engine bay a metallic pearl bottle green that's so dark it's almost black, with a lime green bumblebee stripe. The block will match the stripe.

Your block is a bronze/copper color; is that the same color you're painting the body?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i really just choose the color because i like it, and i had enough left over from the last one i sprayed. :wink:

my car is gonna stay the original green for the forseeable future. even if i do give it a quick paint job after fixing up some needed body work, it'll be the original green. i think the bronze will look good in front of the green firewall...... not that you'll see much of it once it's actually in the car. a stock 55 265 V8 was painted orange (see mine in pic). in 56 they were painted red. if my car was a 56 i probably would've painted the new engine red.

chevy orange just gets old after awhile.
005.JPG

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Love that topside oil filter housing. You going to keep the stock brakes and generator or modernize them? I had a 69 Chevy C10 without power brakes or steering and a three speed Saginaw manual. Man that was fun to park. :mrgreen: It originally had a six but I put in a rebuilt 350 from Sun engines and picked up the Saginaw from the junkyard. Some Headman headers and a hurst shifter on the floor to replace the column shifter. No AC on that beast either. The engine compartment was so barren you could literally stand between the radiator core and the engine. :lol: Drove that around all through my teens early twenties until the rust finally got too bad and I sold it and bought my first new car. Your project makes me want to start looking for an old chevy truck to fix up. Would like to find a 66 Chevy pickup to resto one day when I have more time.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

definitely ditching the generator, that'll most likely be replaced by a one wire altenator. if i use the rear i'm planning on (a modified ford 8.8 from a 95-00 explorer) the car will have 4 wheel power disc brakes. this is what'll be up front:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380707957012?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380424874434?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

not worried about power steering. my daily driver is a dropped 91 s10 with 8" rims and no power steering. i'm used to it. :wink:

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

scr8p wrote:definitely ditching the generator, that'll most likely be replaced by a one wire altenator. if i use the rear i'm planning on (a modified ford 8.8 from a 95-00 explorer) the car will have 4 wheel power disc brakes. this is what'll be up front:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380707957012?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380424874434?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

not worried about power steering. my daily driver is a dropped 91 s10 with 8" rims and no power steering. i'm used to it. :wink:
Nice! The aftermaket industy was nothing like it is today when I had my old truck. There were practically no parts that fit other than stock. Restoration parts were limited to weather stripping and a few emblems. I had to dent in one of the tubes just to get my headers to fit. One day me and my friend went down to 7-Eleven and steam was coming up through the cowl vent. When I popped the hood I found that the brake line was touching the header and had burned through. :shock: Good thing I was close to home. Those were the good old days! :mrgreen: Looking forward to seeing your project progress.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

scr8p wrote:chevy orange just gets old after awhile.
Hemi Orange, even moreso. :roll: That bronze and that color of green will make a great color combo, can't wait to see them together. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote:Nice! The aftermaket industy was nothing like it is today when I had my old truck.
oh yeah, especially for tri-fives.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Saw this while I was out today and it reminded me of your project car. A motivational shot for you. :mrgreen:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

8)

i just got my wheels painted this morning, so now i can mount up my wide white radials. :wink:

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Cool! It's going to look sweet.