91 Masami Stealth replica (Photo Comparison Uploaded)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

vintage AE
Approved Member

Re: 91 Masami Stealth replica COMPLETED!!!!!!

Post by vintage AE »

scr8p wrote:chassis, top deck, stand offs, trans brace, front/rear shock towers and front bumper comes from jake. wing mounts too, i believe.

stealth specific parts you get from shapeways - front bulkhead, front arms, castor blocks, steering knuckles, steering bellcrank, rear arm mounts, and rear arms. also the rear motor guard if needed.

everything else - trans, shocks, hinge pins, cvd's, turnbuckles, etc etc etc, is all up to you.
Good summary Jason! It will easier for people to spend their cash once they get everything organized, which I'm sure they'll let us know. As mentioned before the shapeways link is already to go.

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

Seabass wrote:Gents, just spoke to the chassis material supplier and we should be good to go very soon. I am waiting for my new business member account so I can post up the details. The panels are being started. Very soon guys very soon, keep this on on your radar.
Thanks Jake. Waiting here :)

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

This is so cool!

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

Got a chance to see this car this weekend and I have to say the pictures do it no justice! Build quality is second to none, room will have to be made for this one in my fleet!

Rootdown4594
Approved Member

Post by Rootdown4594 »

the next logical step is for you guys to design and manufacture your own car!

Rootdown4594
Approved Member

Post by Rootdown4594 »

It's also pretty awesome Team Associated seems pretty cool with all this(so far). You're essentially taking one of their most important designs and moving some money around with an unofficial and unlicensed replica. They seem to understand that the enthusiasm over all of this is good for the hobby and their industry and they're just happy themselves to see something like this. Kudos to everyone allowing this to happen.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I'm hoping they will decide to make a complete conversion kit, so we do not have to order each and every individual part separately. I don't care if it comes in a ziplock bag or wrapped in Reggie's undies.

Edit: Just went to Shapeways and they now have a full set of plastics listed. I spent the coin on two sets. $202 shipped to Calgary for the two sets.

UltraHIVE
Approved Member

Post by UltraHIVE »

Great work guys! Im really excited and ready to ditch my b4.1.

As far as having rights to recreate this, I'm pretty sure AE has no legal say in it, considering that most of the parts were custom made... Right? Wouldn't Masami have to have registered for design patents, and if so he would be the rights owner. I'm not fully aware of the history, but it would be up to the rights owner to take action and I doubt this would fall into any legal realm. If anything, royalty contracts can be procured, I'd say maximum 10% of sales, but there would have to be a large demand.

Also, I believe theres a conspiracy with todays composite arm material, and how brittle they are... X Files kinda stuff. Bring back natural nylon; mass produce please!!! :)

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

slotcarrod wrote:I'm hoping they will decide to make a complete conversion kit, so we do not have to order each and every individual part separately. I don't care if it comes in a ziplock bag or wrapped in Reggie's undies.

Edit: Just went to Shapeways and they now have a full set of plastics listed. I spent the coin on two sets. $202 shipped to Calgary for the two sets.
Don't forget the motor guard (unless your going to find metal ones) and the bearing steering sets if your running it!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

UltraHIVE
Approved Member

Post by UltraHIVE »

Oozzee wrote:
Seabass wrote:Gents, just spoke to the chassis material supplier and we should be good to go very soon. I am waiting for my new business member account so I can post up the details. The panels are being started. Very soon guys very soon, keep this on on your radar.
So just to make this as Oozzee ( read Idiot) proof as possible will we be able to purchase all parts required from 1 supplier, looks like i will have to get cracking on the BST application, also will Ultra Hive be producing painted bodies for sale and does that Also go through the BST section.
Thanks in advance
I'm working on paint mask kits as well as decal set sheets. I'm not happy with the quality of what's available from a certain eBay member. It's as if someone there is intentionally trying to mess with the accuracy of the lettering and logos. Unbelievable, but I guess that's why their sets are so inexpensive. I guess you get what you pay for :(

Jirka
Approved Member

Post by Jirka »

You guys have made just incredible work. I can only imagine those hundreds and hundreds of hours spend to reverse engineer practically the whole car (excluding transmission naturally). Even if Niki is professional CAD designer and Jake professional with CNC-machining doing project like this as a hobby project is just amazing dedication.

Niki invited me to see last round of our offroad nationals at end on August to "see something". Although I had my thoughts (some members had their avatars changed to quite interesting ones about same time) but when I arrived to pits, there it was: muddy 91 stealth in Niki's pit table. The feeling was unreal when 91 stealth was in front of me. Not only he and Jake managed to create ones, he really drove the car at race. While chattaing with Niki about the car and I saw have well it was made etc I even dared to ask: "Is there anything that is not correct or have You done any compromise? :oops: " "No, everything is correct :) 8) " was the answer. Niki also managed to have "91" as his race number 8) . Although he didn't practically have any chance to do any basic setup to the car it drove fantastically. On those circumstances the car didn't suffer major understeering like it was "rumored" to have.

You have brought how to make vintage rc race car replicas to another level :mrgreen: and You guys are even selling these for very reasonable price to anyone interested. This is just so nice. I hope You get even some pocket money from Your hard work.

Jirka

PS Curtis: I think You have sent accidentally two times picture named "5 caster and steering blocks assembled.jpg" and we have not seen Your picture number 6.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

just in case you may not have seen it, the link to jake's business forum:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewforum.php?f=99

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

DaveM wrote:Me too!

Part number for the two servo saver screws is 7306, there was one on E-bay!

Cheers, DaveM.

Ahem was :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

siebenelch
Approved Member

Post by siebenelch »

This is simply amazing! Finally someone was clever enough to make this real.

I am down on my knees. Awesome job!

I always thought about to make a stealth car copy on my computer, but I always was in worry about copyright issues with Team Associated.

To build this car is one big thing - to drive it is even greater!

I am sure, you have some serious ($$$) orders about this car ;)

My biggest respect!

Michael

edwin pibal
Approved Member

Post by edwin pibal »

Have been away for awhile

much to my surprise I have seen awesome thread with the finished car!

you guys have done amazing work!

I cant wait to buy it and build it up 8)

ed
Hi, my name is Ed, and im a addict.