2010 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 16-19TH

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Re: 2010 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 16-

Post by SRTracer121 »

ahh man that sucks :shock:

man you guys are killing me, next year im going for sure!!!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

:shock: :shock: What an awesome event, sorry so many people missed this one...We'll see you guys next year. :mrgreen:

- We had 59 entries, 9 heats, 6 qualifiers, 1 Awesome Main.

- RC10talk members that showed up -- Bngiles, Tecnica2001, Tazz, Raul Garcia, Reign79, Aconsola, Joe Glorioso, and Mike Valentine, if I missed someone please post it up... :D

Saturday
- We had free donuts for breakfast, free pizza for lunch, and Rice w/ chicken and beans for dinner courtesy of Raul Garcia, RCHR, and my wife Shary....Thank you.

Sunday
- We had free baked ziti for lunch along with pound cake, chocolate chip cookies, cup cakes, and a Gatorade cooler filled with iced tea, all free as well, donated to the race by Alex K's mom, Jay Kenedy, and Ron Depoto... Thank you.

Now that the most important details are out of the way.... :lol:

My lil Miss Tecnica, Kelly Valentin, swept the Novice Class, winning 6 in a row and the main.... :mrgreen:

Truck A -- Brandon Giles took home the win, and I took 3rd place in a very hotly contested class.

2wd Buggy A -- Stephen Maizer first, Joe Glorioso 2nd, and I finished third.

2wd Buggy B -- Anthony (Aconsola) took home 3rd place in the class.

4wd Buggy A -- Stephen Maizer first, Ed Sahm sencond, Larry Bromell third.

Classics A -- 1 Kyosho Scorpion, 1 Hornet, 1 Mad Cap, 1 Boomerang, 1 Super Hornet, 1 Grasshopper, 1 Baja King....One awesome Classics race, those black canned sport tuned motors were fast.

Heavy Metal was Epic, definitely the most fun to watch, 3 Clods serving as road blocks, 2 King Cabs, 1 Hilux, 1 Blackfoot, 1 Lunchbox, 1 Midnight Pumpkin..... Awesome Carnage, big trucks going over little trucks, little trucks turning in some fast laps, Great Fun had by everyone.... :mrgreen:

Hopefully we'll have a better turnout next year, there was another big event in Mass. and that took out atleast 4 or 5 racers, but the turnout was surprisingly good.... :mrgreen:

I'll post more stuff later on...
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

I had a great time Sunday and will be look forward to the 2011 VONATS.

I promise I won't win the door prize again next year. :lol:

ED

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

You know what's funny Ed, a lot of people were hoping to win the SC10, they didn't want that Tamiya "Piece of Crap" as they were saying, I told them, that's a $350 car there, you can buy two SC10s with that.... :lol:

I got a T-Shirt and a Can Wrap thing-a-majig... :D

Sorry I didn't introduce you earlier to the guys... hectic day Sunday... :wink:

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I'm glad you guys had a good time. I'm disappointed I didn't get to see the rc10talk crowd again... and I feel for you Joe. :cry:
But this
tecnica2001 wrote:they didn't want that Tamiya "Piece of Crap" as they were saying
is why I didn't feel the need to make the drive. I would hope that everyone would be drooling over that 'crap' (I'm guessing a SRB re-re??) at a vintage nationals, and dissing the SC10. ;)

Nice pictures Freddy. Looking forward to checking out the videos when not at work. 8)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

civilguy wrote:(I'm guessing a SRB re-re??) )
Sand Scorcher Re-Re....

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

We had a great time. Thanks to the RCHR staff for a well run show.

Good to see a nice rc10talk turnout, hope to see even more 10 talkers next year.

My daughter is still beaming from her special trophy award. she's been talking nonstop about the whole event, and is planning her race entry for next year.

Sorry for the crappy pics, combo of iphone and a cheapie p/s, my wife claimed the d-slr for the weekend. Here is the novice class, my daughter with her frog, and the concours lineup on the front straight.
Attachments
concours1.jpg
concours2.jpg
littleaconsola.jpg
novicegirls.jpg

tazz888
Approved Member

Post by tazz888 »

I felt so bad for her during the race when the front axle kept falling out. She didn't even care. I think all of us adults could learn a thing or two from watching the kids on the stand. They act like the adults while we all act like a bunch of kids then things go wrong.... :lol:
Ron DePoto
Team Driver:
Schumacher / Speedpassion / Core RC / Express Motorsports / Dialed Inc. / ROAR Region 1 Director

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Jeff,

That's why we're there for, to school these new school racers about old school stuff.

Hopefully you'll be able to make it next year. That novice class was a sight to be seen, we need to make that class bigger next year.

glowster21
Approved Member

Post by glowster21 »

tecnica2001 wrote::shock: :shock: What an awesome event, sorry so many people missed this one...We'll see you guys next year. :mrgreen:

- We had 59 entries, 9 heats, 6 qualifiers, 1 Awesome Main.

- RC10talk members that showed up -- Bngiles, Tecnica2001, Tazz, Raul Garcia, Reign79, Aconsola, Joe Glorioso, and Mike Valentine, if I missed someone please post it up... :D

Saturday
- We had free donuts for breakfast, free pizza for lunch, and Rice w/ chicken and beans for dinner courtesy of Raul Garcia, RCHR, and my wife Shary....Thank you.

Sunday
- We had free baked ziti for lunch along with pound cake, chocolate chip cookies, cup cakes, and a Gatorade cooler filled with iced tea, all free as well, donated to the race by Alex K's mom, Jay Kenedy, and Ron Depoto... Thank you.

Now that the most important details are out of the way.... :lol:

My lil Miss Tecnica, Kelly Valentin, swept the Novice Class, winning 6 in a row and the main.... :mrgreen:

Truck A -- Brandon Giles took home the win, and I took 3rd place in a very hotly contested class.

2wd Buggy A -- Stephen Maizer first, Joe Glorioso 2nd, and I finished third.

2wd Buggy B -- Anthony (Aconsola) took home 3rd place in the class.

4wd Buggy A -- Stephen Maizer first, Ed Sahm sencond, Larry Bromell third.

Classics A -- 1 Kyosho Scorpion, 1 Hornet, 1 Mad Cap, 1 Boomerang, 1 Super Hornet, 1 Grasshopper, 1 Baja King....One awesome Classics race, those black canned sport tuned motors were fast.

Heavy Metal was Epic, definitely the most fun to watch, 3 Clods serving as road blocks, 2 King Cabs, 1 Hilux, 1 Blackfoot, 1 Lunchbox, 1 Midnight Pumpkin..... Awesome Carnage, big trucks going over little trucks, little trucks turning in some fast laps, Great Fun had by everyone.... :mrgreen:

Hopefully we'll have a better turnout next year, there was another big event in Mass. and that took out atleast 4 or 5 racers, but the turnout was surprisingly good.... :mrgreen:

I'll post more stuff later on...
Great update Freddy! Kelly looked great out there and they all had a blast. It's a good thing I didn't listen to the guys and put Nicky in the Novice class, seeing that he took 1st in the regular Classic Class! Talk about a proud poppa, My 11 yr old won Classic and took 2nd in the B for 2wd, only 4 seconds off the win. I had an absolute blast with everyone! Brandon's King Cab was off the hook, but man those Clod's on the Track were a true game changer. Door prizes were great as always, I was really hoping to take home the Sand Scorcher or Hornet, but I'm stoked with my Tamiya Stickers and killer JConcepts $25 voucher.
Bottom line, great fun, some GREAT racing, and GREAT people made this a super successful and relaxing weekend for me, flattened Cougar 2 Works and all :lol:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

civilguy wrote:I'm glad you guys had a good time. I'm disappointed I didn't get to see the rc10talk crowd again... and I feel for you Joe. :cry:
But this
tecnica2001 wrote:they didn't want that Tamiya "Piece of Crap" as they were saying
is why I didn't feel the need to make the drive. I would hope that everyone would be drooling over that 'crap' (I'm guessing a SRB re-re??) at a vintage nationals, and dissing the SC10. ;)

Nice pictures Freddy. Looking forward to checking out the videos when not at work. 8)
Right on Jeff, my thoughts exactly.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

We can't judge this event based on the opinions of a very few people, it's not fair to those who made the event great....

On that note:
I suggest that the Clods and similar trucks should have their own class.

I loved the Idea of letting the kiddies run either classic buggies or Monster trucks with silver canned motors in Novice, as long as they had fun.

2wd was still the biggest and most competitive, followed a close second by trucks...

Get rid of the Super Stock class....the 17.5 buggies were as fast if not faster than the super stock buggies.

Let's get more RC10talk members to attend...

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I had a good time at the event and I didn't even race. Fast vintage cars, great food and good sportsmenship.

As for the Sand Scorcher prize, I did not see one person that did not want to win it. I only hope the Sand Scorcher comes back next year to race.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

tecnica2001 wrote:
Let's get more RC10talk members to attend...
More RC10talk members have attended. I think if we listen to some of the points brought up in this and other threads it should be clear as to why there were less this year. This is a vintage r/c board, we like vintage cars.

I would have loved to come back and raced, but I got tired of pleading my case about Clod motors. I'm not going to take a weekend out of my year and spend a few hundred dollars to be a silver canned moving road block. The solution seemed very simple to me, but what do I know?