Got my first RC10 - time for a re-build

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

hibiki_45

Re: Got my first RC10 - time for a re-build

Post by hibiki_45 »

NomadRacer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm I didn't realize you where in Dubai! There's slight differences between the black Associated cover and the RPM, not that much though... A little "sleeker".

gearcovers.jpg
Yes, I use a forwarding service to get stuff from US or Uk. It works out a little expensive. There are a few RC shops here where I was able to get batteries and shock oil etc. they seem to stick a fair bit of Traxxas and HpI stuff too.

Do you have any recs for wheels and tyres.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

JC Racing in the UK makes some really nice 2.2" wheels to fit vintage RC10's with 1/4" axles. They're available in black, white and yellow and the price isn't bad either. Check them out here:

http://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/wheels/rc10

Been meaning to order a couple sets myself just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, hope this is helpful. :D
Doug

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

Oh yea, JC rims are excellent and a decent price. You can use 2.2 tires of which there are many choices. I have a tendency to buy tires with a cool pattern so not much help on tire choice for you. :mrgreen:
Bum on Direct Deposit

hibiki_45

Post by hibiki_45 »

So I received my crystals but can’t get anything to work yet! :(

Wondering if I should just buy some modern electronics to run this. I have a week off now for Christmas and would like to get it going. I should be able to buy something locally here. No idea about the new gear though.
Attachments
CCC3C4FB-F787-47C5-8164-6758400512F6.jpeg

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Hum, well that's a bit discouraging. :?
Based upon the photo, you appear to have everything connected correctly; Tx crystal in transmitter, Rx in the receiver, ESC connected to receiver channel 2, steering servo to channel 1. Assuming the problem is on the Rx side, is it possible that the ESC's on/off switch is bad? Sometimes dirt will find its way into these switches causing them not to power up. If the transmitter fails to power up, there could be corrosion on the battery contacts or they've become flattened and are not making contact with the battery holder contacts. I've had both problems with my old Futuba transmitters.
If you'd prefer to throw in the towel and upgrade to a modern radio, virtually any 2.4 ghz system should work with your existing servo and ESC. I've seen some off-brand radios sell on ebay for as little as $25.
Anyway, have a great Christmas and please update us when you can. :D

EDIT: Oops, sorry I just read your posts on the Vintage Electronics forum. :oops:
Doug