Properly Motivated

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Properly Motivated

Post by Coelacanth »

I think I just spent 2.5 hours scoring masking lines, but I'm finally done. I think I'm seeing double. Yeesh. :shock:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

markbt73 wrote:Motivation, yes. Focus, no. I have half a dozen cars in pieces in plastic bins (and another on the way that probably will meet the same fate for a while). I get something, drive it a bit, then tear it down, and lose focus and go look for something else. It's like workshop ADD.
Me 2...What killed me was the track that I was going to try to race at closed...Just when everything started looking good...So everything is just sitting collecting dust...And I just started back at school so I have to study....
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

I think the re release will kick start the thread because of parts availability....I have a friend who is looking for his first gold tub and I am thinking of giving him some of my parts so he can get one started...Then he will have the joy of searching Ebay for more stuff :lol: Hobbytown is moving and that indoor track is now gone...Poject pinky will be turned back into a white parts stocker and put on the shelf so I will have 2 shelfers...I am waiting on a classic kit to come in also...So for now I located a powder coating place near me so when I get it I can go straight into making it different since it is a re release...But for now it is a hurry up and wait thing...And the money thing will always be an issue :lol: Just when you think you have a nice cushion something like brakes for the real car come up :lol: Until then I will order another pizza and study some more...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

scr8p wrote:ya, they're nice. right now they're really just for storage. but eventually, we'll get some more lights, oulets, as well as a compressor down there so we can actually work in there.

i kinda wish he would've bought at least one 2 post lift. it would've made taking bodies off frames, and putting them back on a whole lot easier.
004.JPG
Is that a 427 BB corvette I see there ???? Maybe the 425 horse version ????

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

66 327/350hp

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Will the 55 look like this ???? A guy in the area used to own the camera car...I first saw it a couple of yrs ago at a local car show here in the area...A guy in Baltimore owned the race car from American Graffiti for many yrs then sold it to someone in Texas...I luv the 55 and if I had one I would make a clone for sure...
Attachments
621864_462530730448226_176293570_o (450x269) (2) (450x269).jpg
621864_462530730448226_176293570_o (450x269) (2) (450x269).jpg (124.82 KiB) Viewed 683 times
621864_462530730448226_176293570_o (450x269) (2) (450x269).jpg
621864_462530730448226_176293570_o (450x269) (2) (450x269).jpg (124.82 KiB) Viewed 683 times

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

scr8p wrote:66 327/350hp
Nice 8) 8) Did you and your dad restore it or did you buy it finished ????

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

scr8p wrote:it's an 87 monte carlo ss aerocoupe. not this exact car but identical to it.
_big_aeclassiccars_35704.jpg
That is a car that chevy should have put a 350 in...Those 305s are good for boat anchors...

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

REMJ666 wrote:
scr8p wrote:it's an 87 monte carlo ss aerocoupe. not this exact car but identical to it.
_big_aeclassiccars_35704.jpg
That is a car that chevy should have put a 350 in...Those 305s are good for boat anchors...
I agree...I loved the mean, aggressive styling of the Monte Carlo SS's, with the blacked-out headlight & grille surrounds and hey, the body lines were classic. It's just that for Lord-knows-what-reason, Chevy never gave them the balls to match their badass looks (at least from the factory). I remember back in the day when I'd go cruising downtown in either my Charger or the Grand National (which was my dad's back in the late 80's but mine now) and there were always lots of guys with those SS's and unless they'd put in a 350, they were dogs performance-wise. I could beat 'em with my '68 Monaco winter-beater with the 318 long block in it. :shock:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I love that color, much better than the silver ones I always saw, and even more than the black ones. 8)

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Hmm...I just learned something new. The only Monte Carlo SS's that got a gas 350 from the factory were those made in Mexico, for Mexico sale only. Those ones had 265 hp and 350 lb-ft. of torque. Who knew you had to go to Mexico to get the whole enchilada? :?

http://www.montecarloss.com/MexicanSS.html

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Pontiac made a aero coupe Grand Prix also...I think they are more rare...I drove a Grand National back then I was not impressed at all...Now the GNX was a beast...Inter cooled with more boost...I also drove a buddies Typhoon and wasn't impressed...After he called Gale Banks and did some stuff to it that thing would haul ass....

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

REMJ666 wrote:Pontiac made a aero coupe Grand Prix also...I think they are more rare...I drove a Grand National back then I was not impressed at all...Now the GNX was a beast...Inter cooled with more boost...I also drove a buddies Typhoon and wasn't impressed...After he called Gale Banks and did some stuff to it that thing would haul ass....
You must've driven the wrong year of GN. '86 and '87 were the legendary years, with the very rare 547-unit production of the '87 GNX even more awesome. When Buick added the turbo to the 3.8L V6 with sequential fuel injection and intercooler, it was the fastest production vehicle in North America from 0 - 60 mph in '86. Corvette owners wept. 8)

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

If I was to buy a turbo Buick I would find a Regal T Type...Remember those....The sleeper of the bunch...Everyone I have ever seen was painted silver....

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Interestingly, and many may not know this, but the '86 GN was actually slightly faster than the '87 GN (not the '87 GNX though) because it had aluminum bumper reinforcements. The GNX was a completely revised car with all sorts of differences from the '86/'87 GN...but with so few made, actually seeing a real, non-cloned one driving around these days is highly unlikely. I have an '86, only 5512 were made.

The Turbo-T's were basically the same car but offered in colors other than black. They were apparently a hair quicker than the GN because they could be had with less options...GNs were all T-Types with pretty much every option available stock. On paper, performance numbers between the '86 Turbo-T and GN were identical.