New Schumacher Cougar 2wd buggy!!!!

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Re: New Schumacher Cougar 2wd buggy!!!!

Post by RETRO R/C »

oh dear oh dear....

I swore I wouldnt - but man - I think I need to change my pants!!

That is VERY sexy.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

uzzi
Approved Member

Post by uzzi »

I think I need to change my pants!!
:lol: :lol:

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Nice!! I love the colours used on the various parts like the shocks, turnbuckles, etc. The car looks like it really does mean business :!:

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Man - I did the same thing when I saw the CAT SX for the first time...looks AWESOME..then I saw the body off pics and I hated it. Then I saw it in the flesh and bought one on the spot :roll: :lol: ........

I am really liking my B4 - but I can see that temtation to once again get a "pussy" is going to be hard to resist :oops: .......then again - the new Durango (which I will definately be running), really does look awesome already too.

Man - it is such a sweet time to be racing again..so many diverse and interesting answers to buggy design.

This year is going to be super hot.

cheers

Darryn
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

uzzi
Approved Member

Post by uzzi »

I too am not a big fan of the SX body shell till today but the car is very nice. Those alloy mounts are a must in my opinion...seems to tighten up the feel of the diffs. You are right, so many choices now...throw in Durango's new 1/8th buggy man oh man!

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

uzzi wrote:I too am not a big fan of the SX body shell till today but the car is very nice. Those alloy mounts are a must in my opinion...seems to tighten up the feel of the diffs. You are right, so many choices now...throw in Durango's new 1/8th buggy man oh man!
You have seen the new 2wd 1/10th Durango havent you? Thats what I was talking about!! ;)

It IS sex.....though still in prototype form.

cheers

Darryn

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Apparently they are aiming for a late march release on the Cougar SV - pretty rapid ramp up. This has been kept quiet very well by Schumacher.

Very much looking forward to seeing the body off pictures.

Cheers

Darryn

uzzi
Approved Member

Post by uzzi »

Big fan of both marquees really....might just have to get them all I think....just have to give up on the vintage cars (puts on flame suit :lol: )

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Yep, Im sold! Im getting a new Cougar!
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

smokin
Approved Member

Post by smokin »

Asso_man! wrote:It definitely looks really fast and responsive :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcWwwbqF5c&feature=player_embedded

Thats the video i took and edited :D , i've driven it a lot during testing, and thats our track; Robin Hood Raceway :)

smokin
Approved Member

Post by smokin »

RETRO R/C wrote:
uzzi wrote:I too am not a big fan of the SX body shell till today but the car is very nice. Those alloy mounts are a must in my opinion...seems to tighten up the feel of the diffs. You are right, so many choices now...throw in Durango's new 1/8th buggy man oh man!
You have seen the new 2wd 1/10th Durango havent you? Thats what I was talking about!! ;)

It IS sex.....though still in prototype form.

cheers

Darryn
Yeh it looks pretty cool too, yannick who was driving it was throwing it around but it went very well, im sponsored by durango now rather than schumacher (see above) so lookinforward to getting one :)

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

smokin wrote: Yeh it looks pretty cool too, yannick who was driving it was throwing it around but it went very well, im sponsored by durango now rather than schumacher (see above) so lookinforward to getting one :)
Yep - I am on the Durango team as well here in Aus, really looking forward to the car. I still have an excuse to get the Cougar though (if it is good) - as they (the DEX210) wont be out for a while yet I would imagine, given the usual time it takes for Durango to get a car into production. Gerd certainly does not release a car until he is more than 100% happy. Whenever it comes out - it will blow pepole away with its quality thats for sure.

It looks like there is alot of room for electronics right at the rear of the body shell on the Cougar...... I wonder if this means that the battery runs down the centre with radio gear right at the rear? Hope they havent made it too light at the front yet again! Perhaps it runs the battery across the chassis and you are limited for room (height) for the electronics? Perhaps you could share? ;) Understand if you cant - contracts and all that. :mrgreen:

Cheers

Darryn

smokin
Approved Member

Post by smokin »

They've been quite keen on not allowing body off shots yet and want to keep it under wraps, but pretty soon everyone will be able to see for themselves, its pretty cool :D . Personally i think the car is pitched well and fills a gap in the market for an off the shelf mid-motored 2wd, im currently running an X6 and to build one up with all new parts is a LOT of money. In the UK i'd say its the best car - you never really see a badly handling X6 but you do see a lot of dodgy (and of course very good) B4's. The X6's prefer the higher grip astro (at least theyre high grip in the dry, can be a nightmare in the wet) to clay..

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Funny old world - I ran an X6 for a while here (about 6 months) after I came back to off road early last year. I really LOVED the car - however parts support and the sometimes difficult to acheive set up on the car made it a hassle on our relatively slippery clay/dirt tracks. I eventually went to the B4 - simply because it is pretty much set and forget for the main set up, requiring only small changes to suspension to make it almost perfect on most tracks. When the X6 is set up though (easy to acheive on a high grip track) - hot damn it is a tough car to beat. The cost, as you mention, is a killer though.

I am sure Shumacher has some cool tricks up its sleeve - I just hope they havent been too "clever" like they were with the Top Cat and other cars they have done in the past. God knows they can design brilliant cars - they just over-engineer sometimes.....I guess thats what makes this hobby exciting though as well - all the variety.

Cheers

Darryn

smokin
Approved Member

Post by smokin »

Its simply a well designed competition car, no craziness like the topcat :lol:

Just had a look at your NIB collection, its amazing! Must have taken years to find all those!