RC10T buggy thingy

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

vintage AE
Approved Member

Re: RC10T buggy thingy

Post by vintage AE »

[email protected] wrote:I think they are the same size as the newer ones. The proline dirt hawgs are a good all around tire.
yeah, I like the looks of those. do you know how durable they are or should I buy 2 sets at a time?

mtbnjim

Post by mtbnjim »

vintage AE wrote:
[email protected] wrote:I think they are the same size as the newer ones. The proline dirt hawgs are a good all around tire.
yeah, I like the looks of those. do you know how durable they are or should I buy 2 sets at a time?
Sweet build! Lipo/brushless will kill any tires that you run on gravel and concrete won't last very long -buy 2 sets :lol:
Do you have any vids of it running on the track?

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

The dirt hawgs wear pretty good. On pavement it won't matter too much what you have it will destroy them. Off-road they are awesome. Took about 9 months to wear them out on my old losi nitro truck.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I like the anaconda tires of traxxas for looks. Not sure how good they are but seen the orientation of traxxas I take it they are durable ( they are included as a standard on some of their brushless rtr's, not?)

Chewbacca
Approved Member

Post by Chewbacca »

just saw the latest pics to this thread. U seem to have serious power in that Truggy.

I like it.
*** POWDER - KING ***

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

yeah there seems to be. i had to fix it nearly every time i took it out. i had to replace the diff gear, idle gear, fix a cvd, add an anti-flipping contraption, inserted set screws into the wing tubes, and buy new tires already. i have only driving it 5 or 6 times. i just have to learn how to respect it and then abuse the crap out of it later :D maybe when i get to that point i will throw a 3 cell lipo into it and learn all over again.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

OK, so I may not have it respected the power yet. I have a pretty good idea on how to beat the crap out of it though :twisted:

I took it to the local skate park and got some pretty good air at times...especially when going full tilt off one of those end ramps that they stand on.

and now I have some reconstructing to do
DSCN65611.jpg
DSCN65633.jpg
DSCN65644.jpg
DSCN65655.jpg

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

OMG! No respect for the old! :lol:

Hope it's an easy fix? Some of those front end parts are a bit rare!

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

it's just a few screws lose here and there and maybe in my head too. i will find out just how bad it is later.

i will be by your store probably this weekend or early next week, so see you soon.

Chewbacca
Approved Member

Post by Chewbacca »

Dude..... you're crazy!!! :mrgreen:

seems like a lot of fun though.

My 6T brushless T is also insane.
*** POWDER - KING ***

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

i got'er fixed and ready for more punishment. i have 2 full sets of wheels for it on order, one set for the beach and one for off/on road (skate park) bashing, so i got to keep it going to out last the new tires.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Well... I have smoothed out another idle gear, but thanks to adam lancia I have an aluminum one on the way. If this doesn't fix my on going trans problem I am seriously considering installing a B4/T4 stealth transmission in somehow.

Has anyone done this yet??? If so, what's the easiest way? I guess there should be a couple of ideas.

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

vintage AE wrote:Well... I have smoothed out another idle gear, but thanks to adam lancia I have an aluminum one on the way. If this doesn't fix my on going trans problem I am seriously considering installing a B4/T4 stealth transmission in somehow.

Has anyone done this yet??? If so, what's the easiest way? I guess there should be a couple of ideas.
More help from yours truly ;) http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10722 T4 transmission install..... :mrgreen:

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

adam lancia wrote:
vintage AE wrote:Well... I have smoothed out another idle gear, but thanks to adam lancia I have an aluminum one on the way. If this doesn't fix my on going trans problem I am seriously considering installing a B4/T4 stealth transmission in somehow.

More help from yours truly ;) http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10722 T4 transmission install..... :mrgreen:
you are all kinds of helpful :D

i was thinking of sinking the trans into the chassis though. i don't think it would work do to the clearance issues. i would be fine with the high center of G. not like this thing can handle tight corners. i cant get the front wheels planted enough anyway.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Anthony, you need to adjust your slipper a bit on the loose side. All that torque is being transferred to the gears in the transmission. Set it so it slips for about 12" under hard acceleration.

As a mod. I would think you could use the top shaft of the B4 and the better B4 slipper in your 2.25 stealth case, but I am not sure. However I don't think you need this mod. The 2.25 slipper should work well and the transmission should be strong with the new idler gear.