The BMX (and other bikes) thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Re: The BMX (and other bikes) thread

Post by MelvinsArmy »

GreenHell, what's the geetar on the left? Maybe we should start a musical instrument thread too.

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

MelvinsArmy wrote:GreenHell, what's the geetar on the left? Maybe we should start a musical instrument thread too.
That's my Washburn, I have a few others… Les Paul, Strat and a Telecaster. I hate to admit it but the amount of guitars I own does not equally represent the amount of skill I possess. Too much time spent playing with toy cars I guess.
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Haha, same here. I've got two guitars and three basses. Trying to get rid of one of the basses, but still my level of talent and music knowledge is way below my level and number of instruments. It's fun to try though. Now and then I'm able to make something sound good.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Here are the most current pics of my bicycles. It seems like they are always changing as I find sweet parts from here and there. I fully build my own bicycles all the way down to lacing the wheels

This 1995 Specialized M2 S Works is my main cross country MTB. Built with a full XTR drivetrain, Judy SL fork. Race Face cranks. The Citron colored Mavic 217's are built with gd Sapim spokes and White Industries hubs. Bontrager crow bars and Kore lite stem.

I built this 2006 Specialized Enduro from a frame I bought off of Craigslist. Atom labs pimplites with sapim spokes and Chris King hubs. Brakes are Hope M4 Evo. Chris King headset, Rock Shox Boxxer fork. Race Face deus lite cranks and stem. Shimano XTR shifters and derailuers.

1991 Klein Pinnacle built with an XTR 900 drivetrain, it also has a lot of aftermarket goodies. Ringle stem, Answer hyper lite bars, Avid tri-align brakes and a set of Rock Shox mag 21's with SL internals. Future upgrades include a set of Hadley hubs, real racing brake levers and some XTR 950 derailuers and shifters and the set of caramba cranks currently on my recumbent.

Here is a Klein Pinnacle built with Suntour XC Ltd. I picked it off of Craigslist for my Girlfriend to ride. Got a smokin deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. Once I take the XTR off of my Klein it will go on this bike.

Tour Easy recumbent made by Easy Racers. The Bicycle shop I worked for 20 years ago let me use one of these to commute back and forth to college on. I loved the bike but could never afford to plop down the $2400 they cost. I was surfing Craigslist one day and found this one advertised for $500. I figured even if all I could salvage was the frame, I'd be okay. When I saw it, I was pleasantly surprised. It was in great condition and I was able to chew the seller down to $400. I tore the bike down and polished it back up. Future upgrades include a new set of Sun CR 18 rims laced with XTR hubs. XTR shifters and rear derailuers. Magic motorcycle road cranks and install the Zzipper fairing

Tomassini Road bike with full period Dura ace gruppo. Mavic open 4CD wheels. Future upgrades are a Syncros stem to replace out the Cinelli.

Kestrel Talon Fixie. Since the frame, forks and seat post are carbon fiber, I went ape shit with the carbon fiber for the rest of the parts on this bike. FSA carbon cranks, Trigon one piece carbon stem and bars. As a juxtaposition to all the carbon I used a brown leather seat and leather grips. Future upgrades will include a Dura Ace carbon front wheel and a White Industries ENO hub to be laced into a rim that will have a uni disc wheel cover.

Schwinn Klunker 5. I bought this bike for my Father 20 years ago. We put the springer fork on and Persons saddle but that was about it. About 5 years ago I broke the rear axle and it sat in my shed up until about 2 months ago. I completely disassembled the bike. Replaced the axle and regreased all the bearing races. Polished the original paint of the frame and then put it all back together. My Dad would be proud to see how it turned out. Love cruising this thing around as it gets the most praise of all my bikes.

This 1997 Mongoose VRS 5.0 was built from leftovers and makes a nice loaner for my friends to ride. Shimano XT drivetrain, syncros seat post and stem

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I finished rebuilding my Trickstar, here it is. All original old school parts with their original finishes, no repro junk here.
85 Trickstar.jpg
85 Trickstar 2.jpg
85 Trickstar 3.jpg
85 Trickstar 5.jpg
85 Trickstar 9.jpg

SofaKing
Approved Member

Post by SofaKing »

MelvinsArmy wrote:All original old school parts with their original finishes
That's amazing!! She looks incredible 8)

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

That is freakin' cool MA! All the way down to the Dice. 8)

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Very nice!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Peregrine Super Pro 48s :mrgreen: Ooh soo nice :D :D :D
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

I remember the "Trick Star". That is amazing. Bringing back memories...

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

anybody remember who made the tires that had human 'footprints' as the tread pattern? Always wanted a set of those. I always had a schwinn banana seat special. Not too trick, but could pull wheelies a bunch, and there were no ramps I wouldn't jump in the neighborhood.

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Thanks guys!

The Trickstar had a pair of Barefeet tires on it, the white ones, but I swapped them out for black GT freestyle tread.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

NICE! Those are the ones. Man, I loved freestyle bikes even though I never got one and couldn't freestyle anyway, hahhah.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

shodog wrote:Finally got around to taking some pics of some of my bikes. Here is my commuter Bianchi Grizzley MTB. Built using my cast off parts from other machines It's morphed into a great bike. I have had it for over 22 years and it’s still going strong. Infact I rode it to work today.
Specialized M2 S Works cross country MTB with Full XTR, Judy SL fork and a mix of other nice components.
Here is a Klein Pinnacle built with Suntour XC Ltd. I picked it off of Craigslist for my Girlfriend to ride. Got a smokin deal so I couldn't pass it up.
Mongoose VRS 5.0 with Rock Shox boxxer. What isn’t aftermarket is Shimano XTR
Tomassini Road bike with full period Dura ace gruppo. I have a Syncros stem to replace out the Cinelli
Kestrel Talon Fixie. I went Ape shit with the carbon on this bike. A seto of Carbon wheels will be added soon
Schwinn Klunker 5. I bought this bikefor my Father 20 years ago. We put the springer fork on and Persons saddle but that was about it. About 5 years ago I broke the rear axle and it sat in my shed up until about 2 months ago. I completely dissasembled the bike. Replaced the axle and regreased all the bearing races. Polished the original paint of the frame and then put it all back together. My Dad would be prod to see how it turned out. Love cruising this thing around as it gets the most praise of all my bikes.
Image[/quote]
isnt that the green Klein bike from seinfeld? i always wanted to get a green klein bike just to hang it on my wall and say look i have that bike every time a seinfeld episode is on..