Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by flipwils11 »

joeman37 wrote: LOL you crack me up comparing a hand built supercar that sells for millions to a mass produced RC car that sells for $250. Not apples to apples at all man. And yes it is a poor business decision to build a mass produced product and not meet consumer demand. It honestly is Economics 101 specific luxury items that are not mass produced, like your supercar analogy, are an anomaly and perhaps actually a good business decision because then the next time they make a new limited edition car they know they can charge whatever the hell they want for it.

-Joe
Lol, I know, it was a big stretch. But I really wanted to make a point! ;)

Actually it isn't economics 101, it's about product and business strategy, something I daresay Associated is keenly aware of. I also know a thing or two about product and business strategy myself. :mrgreen:

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

So, is Associated making the bulkheads, rear arm mounts, etc in black? I asked this question on AE's FB like page and I pretty much got a "no". So, should I order white and dye parts for my team cars that need replacements?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

that's what i'd do. i see no reason for them to make black parts...... right now anyway.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

flipwils11 wrote:
joeman37 wrote: LOL you crack me up comparing a hand built supercar that sells for millions to a mass produced RC car that sells for $250. Not apples to apples at all man. And yes it is a poor business decision to build a mass produced product and not meet consumer demand. It honestly is Economics 101 specific luxury items that are not mass produced, like your supercar analogy, are an anomaly and perhaps actually a good business decision because then the next time they make a new limited edition car they know they can charge whatever the hell they want for it.

-Joe
Lol, I know, it was a big stretch. But I really wanted to make a point! ;)

Actually it isn't economics 101, it's about product and business strategy, something I daresay Associated is keenly aware of. I also know a thing or two about product and business strategy myself. :mrgreen:
Think of all the frenzy this created. Now, if they re-re another kit there is a good chance that all of us that bought the '84 will buy that also. But here is beauty of where the "Limited" thing works, for all who missed the first one will be damned sure to get in on the next one. So a team car with say 4000 released should be no problem.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

I hope AE stop making stuff in China now the ReRe is done and those customers are satisfied. At least we will then know any black parts are the real deal original items.
GARBO 1/8

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Except that the noseplate really looks off visually with the outlined AE instead of the stamped AE :roll:

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Put a Lohas front bumper on it and then you won't see it.
clm wrote:Except that the noseplate really looks off visually with the outlined AE instead of the stamped AE :roll:

Chris
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

you guys crack me up with this 'china' thing. the plastic doesn't care where it gets molded, and it doesn't care what mold it's in. the original company is REmaking the same parts, form fit and function, it's not like it's a 3rd party vendor. And they are TOY cars. fact of the matter is that they are making MORE and that is GOOD.

it's like I tell people, don't be so hard on that mustang, it doesn't know it's a ford :lol:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

jwscab wrote: it's like I tell people, don't be so hard on that mustang, it doesn't know it's a ford :lol:
Ouch!
Just wait till GM runs out of money next time and can't get another bailout (ain't paid back the first one yet lol) you might see a Ford emblem on that Vette :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

gm in fact is paid up, and the remaining equity is in shares the government is selling off in installments, and ford didn't really escape the mess either, they were already going down mortgaging everything to the hilt before the 'bailout' occurred. but whatever, the bailout was a huge mess, but the entire country could have been way worse without it.

I don't even deal with the new crap anyway, too many incremental yearly changes to keep up with. I'm still stuck in late 90's at best.

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

gomachv wrote:
jwscab wrote: it's like I tell people, don't be so hard on that mustang, it doesn't know it's a ford :lol:
Ouch!
Just wait till GM runs out of money next time and can't get another bailout (ain't paid back the first one yet lol) you might see a Ford emblem on that Vette :lol:
HI!... But then the Corvette would have some class. ;)
102 RC vehicles and counting...

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

jwscab wrote:
it's like I tell people, don't be so hard on that mustang, it doesn't know it's a ford :lol:
:lol:

I agree that new cheap spare parts is a great idea. But I cannot help feel happier mine is 100% USA made. I am probably a bit mad / OCD though.
GARBO 1/8

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

THE H.P FREAK wrote:
gomachv wrote:
Ouch!
HI!... But then the Corvette would have some class. ;)
second class. maybe third.

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... At least it would have class! Lmao.....
102 RC vehicles and counting...

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Ugh... ow wow wow... ugh... oh man you got me..... oh damn.... oh...ow..... i think i see my grandparents..... oh the light it's so bright.........