2009 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 18-20TH

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

civilguy
Approved Member

Re: 2009 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 18-20TH

Post by civilguy »

Brandon G wrote:81/28 with a lipo battery pack. (as per mark W.)
Is the stealth a 2.25 reduction? I'm trying to figure out what pinions to buy for my Rad2. Spur is 78 and drive ratio is 2.72, so I figure around 32t pinion will get me close to Mark's stealth suggestion. That gives you a 6.5 final ratio... Novak's site suggested 6, so I guess I have some pinions to buy. :wink:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Hey Jeff,

I'm running the XX with the 17.5 BL motor at 5.36 ratio and I can still touch the motor for, I could probably go one pinion tooth higher.

I'm running 76t spur and a 31t pinion, with the XX tranny ratio of 2.19 so, (76/31) x 2,19 = 5.36 final ratio... :mrgreen: and like I mentioned before, I can probably go one or two teeth higher...
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Would it be possible for you to get a bigger spur gear, that'll make gearing a bit easier. because you would have to get a huge pinion to get the ratio down to 6, like a 34 pinion. What type of spur gear, does the Rad uses??
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

A smaller spur would help, not a bigger one. Basically going to a smaller spur is llike putting a bigger pinion on. 80/20=4 75/19=3.947, close enough for my little example. Find the smallest spur you can so it will be easier to fit a big pinion and you won't run out of adjustment space.

I'm finding that a 17.5 likes to be geared to the moon :D
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I just checked www.buytraxxas.com and a 78 is the smallest spur gear they make. That tranny uses a spur with the pegs in the holes around it right?
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Yeah, what he said.... :roll: :mrgreen:

Hey, I posted at 2am in the morning, I wasn't thinking straight.... :lol: :lol:

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Thanks Freddie and Mark.
Yes, 78t is the smallest spur I can get on that without modding the top shaft, etc and I don't have time for that. I am going to a LHS today and they have up to 36t pinions. I was going to get a few to have some adjustment. I am just trying to get some idea of where others have their final ratio. I measured the furthest point I can move the motor to and I have my calipers with me, so I'll try to measure the 36t to see if it will fit. Basically I have about 0.385" to work with, so working backwards that 2(pi)r=dia and assuming that 48p means 48t=1" diameter.... than a 36t should be .75" across and should fit. But I don't know if that diameter is to the inside or outside of the teeth. :roll:
Too much math and thinking for toy cars. :lol:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Guys, BAD NEWS, but unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it. :cry: It's work, nothing more. I really want to go, but there is too much pressure on me right now in the middle of this project we are working. It is due the first week of Oct and I am the manager for (which means if we don't deliver, it's my rear in the ringer). Things didn't go quite well with a Milestone Review yesterday, which really pissed me off and screwed up my plans. If I walk, it ain't gonna get done, not mention the effects or judgements made on me by management. This project has eyes at the highlest levels here and we are in the top 10 for defense contractors in the world. So, you can kinda see things are just a little important.

For those whom I was bringing stuff with me for delivery, please accept my sincerest apologies. We'll have to work it out over the postal system. I thought about asking someone to be my pimp (Da Yokie), but didn't want to put the burden on anyone.

I would've liked also contributed to the raffle in person. So, that being said, Erich please do me favor, allow me to contribute from afar. Please include 5 individual raffles for a Mrlexan body of your choice (one per winner, total of 5 winners), record those names and their email addresses. Then PM them to me when the event is over. I ship it to their door. You have to be present at the Nationals to participate. I will only take names from Erich as to the winners (so no one slickies a new body who isn't supposed to :mrgreen: ). Most of you guys know what I have and if you don't or if they are guys not on the forum, just give them my email address and I'll work it out (I PM it to you, Erich, if you don't have it).

If by chance the planets aline in the next two days, I still have my plane ticket, but it's just not likely.

I will be in the office working Sat and Sun, so I fully expect to see pics and see posts in the Coverage thread while I am working (we'll unlock it). Make sure to get some pics "End Over Anthony", "Smokin Motors Erich", and "Da Yokie Lama."

Just have fun and be good to each other.

Jay
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Sorry to hear that Jay. Couldn't you rig up a tape recorder and a wire to the door knob, so when the bigwigs try to enter they hear you snap, "If you don't leave me alone, how can I make your stinkin' deadlines?!?!" :lol:
Maybe a mannequin at the desk to complete the dupe? :wink:

I will have my laptop with me if someone else has a decent camera, we can try to cover the event as best we can in Jay's absence. My camera is not up to the task and my wife won't let me take hers. :(

Your skills (and you) will be missed sir.
Jeff

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Man, sorry to hear it Jay, like Jeff said, you'll be missed bro, hope everything works out for you though.

I'll be there with my camera taking pictures and some video (actually my wife will be) and I'll try to post every night. They won't be the prettiest pictures, but you'll get the Idea... :mrgreen:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Thanks guys!

Can some take responsibility to communicate my desire to participate in the raffle to Erich? My fear is that he might be too busy to check the forum a few up to and during the event. I sent him a PM, but want to make sure he gets the info. Thanks in advance.
www.gojammedia.com

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Hey Jay,

I'm up to the task, I'll let him know... :mrgreen:

I'll print out a couple of sheets with the list of bodies that you Repro, give them to Erich, he'll raffle the bodies, then the winners can write their info on the sheets, Name, Address, and Email Address, along with what body they want.

Then Erich can relay that to you... Sounds like a plan?? :wink:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Thanks Freddie.

Just make sure Erich gets the info, I will go through him. As an alternate, worst case, he could give those names to either hoopty, Melvin, Scr8p (if he shows).
www.gojammedia.com

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Yup,

Understood, I'll let him know that as well. :wink:

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Jay,
Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it you will definately be missed.
I will have laptop and camera with me, but my photog skilz are about as good as my driving. :oops: