church and rc cars 016 (3).JPG
church and rc cars 016 (3).JPG (233.15 KiB) Viewed 620 times
church and rc cars 016 (3).JPG
church and rc cars 016 (3).JPG (233.15 KiB) Viewed 620 times
church and rc cars 015 (2).JPG
church and rc cars 015 (2).JPG (221.05 KiB) Viewed 620 times
church and rc cars 015 (2).JPG
church and rc cars 015 (2).JPG (221.05 KiB) Viewed 620 times
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Re: 2010 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 16-

Post by bearrickster »

tecnica2001 wrote:Here's Team Tecnica.... :D
Looking good :D
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Chassis hybridization is a seperate class??? That makes no sense whatsoever, all those parts were avail BITD, and they all fell into ROAR rules as long a dimensions were met. There was never any rules that said it has to be all AE, Losi Shumacher etc--that's dumb, as long as it could be made BITD you should be able to run it.

Also this issue or esc timing is a moot point as well, because you can still advance it via motor, and all versions of the esc's have different settings that can not be "teched"

Also, you can still buy the cheapest and fastest Esc right now for 130

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Then do that man. There aren't a lot of rules for exactly the reason thats going on right now... you're all reading WAY to much into this. I understand if you don't like the class but others do. I didn't just pull this out of a hat... it's in response to people that wanted to try something else. I raced BITD too and I remember and I'm not saying its not still a vintage class... its just an OPEN class. Like I said if it's not something you want to be in there is still 2wd. Super Stock isn't going to replace it, its just another option for those looking for something like that.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

So a "what's old is new" type car would fall into what class?

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

What exactly is that?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Is anyone else planning to run a Clodbuster? I'm having serious second thoughts about running mine now. Anyone who's ever driven a Clod with a pair of silver cans knows why. I just don't want to be the only 10.2mph vehicle on the track. (that's the actual speed RCCA tested the stock Clod at in 1988, mine will probably be slower since it is considerably heavier than stock)

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Well Melvin, I know you had some back up plans. My suggestion is to bring the Clod and if it doesn't work out you can always switch. Honestly there's nothing that says you couldn't run different cars every race.

I just want everyone to have a good time and have a reason to come and be part of the race. Sorry if I get a little bent out of shape about criticism sometimes. I try not to take it personally and I know you can't make everyone happy all the time. Just hope I give everyone at least one reason to have a good time at the race thats all.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10403

From the way it's written, these cars ( which is not what I'm bringing ) are Pro-stock

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Ok so I looked at the first page and yes yo ucould run those in either more or less... its not SO much about modification... thats why I was saying don't read so much into all this. There's obviously a certain amount of reasonability that we need to mod our 10s to get the to run modern tires etc. What I mean by open mods for SS is that you could put a B4 tranny in the car if you wanted. You could attach a stealth and rc10 arms to a RB5 chassis if you want... be creative! The one and only TRUE thing that will serperate the classes is the motors to be completely honest. I'd be amazed if there was ever in the past two years, one buggy that wasn't modded to run in 2wd. Charlie don't worry about it so much... just have fun brother! :D

On another note... a few page back now I asked some questions to those that brought up a True Vintage class. No one has answered a single one of those questions. If you guys would like to run something like that this is your chance to help develop the idea (which I like personally). I want to give people a reason to come out no matter what it is. If some "Want to go fast" I'm trying a class for them. If some want to run impossibly hard to completely build True Vintage, we can do that too. Just trying a couple different things. Take it from someone that's gone to a lot of repeat races... they're BORING AS HECK when they're the same thing year in and year out.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Erich Reichert wrote:Well Melvin, I know you had some back up plans. My suggestion is to bring the Clod and if it doesn't work out you can always switch. Honestly there's nothing that says you couldn't run different cars every race.

I just want everyone to have a good time and have a reason to come and be part of the race. Sorry if I get a little bent out of shape about criticism sometimes. I try not to take it personally and I know you can't make everyone happy all the time. Just hope I give everyone at least one reason to have a good time at the race thats all.
My plan was to race the Clod in Heavy Metal and the Sand Scorcher in classics. I've been asking about the motor requirements for Heavy Metal since about the week following the 2009 race. To make it close to fair for the big trucks (which are slower to begin with) I've suggested either going spec-class style with all silver cans, or in the other direction (which makes more sense) with a mild modified motor cut off at say 19 or 17 turns so those that need a zero timed or reverse rotation motor (clods and USA-1s) could have a fighting chance. At this point I think it would be better to enter the Clodbuster in the "true vintage" or whatever class you're describing as it is 100% vintage spec (except ESC and radio) down to the tires and first generation AE shocks. I don't see any reason to get bent out of shape about a very simple request asking for a provision that would allow the most Heavy Metal of trucks to actually compete in a class titled Heavy Metal. Anyway, not trying to complain any more than I have for the last year about this, but at this point I think I'm going to buy a couple 17x2 motors like I would normally do and leave the Clod at home. The current motor rule makes as much sense as a street tire rule for Top Fuel.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

I wasn't bent out of shape about you Mel. Honestly not bent with anyone, just wanted to make sure I wasn't coming across that way with anyone and was reffering to the SS discussion. As of now there isn't a True Vintage class... its an idea for next year perhaps. I seem to rmeember someone running a clod last year (or at least something mammoth) in Heavy Metal and it wasn't an issue for anyone. I'd like to keep things simple and if you'd like to run it we've talked about a few options that are ok for your truck. I hope you can run it.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Is anyone else planning to run a Clodbuster? I'm having serious second thoughts about running mine now. Anyone who's ever driven a Clod with a pair of silver cans knows why. I just don't want to be the only 10.2mph vehicle on the track. (that's the actual speed RCCA tested the stock Clod at in 1988, mine will probably be slower since it is considerably heavier than stock)
Melvin,

Bring your Clod, and run a pair of 19 turn motors in it, I highly doubt anyone is going to complain about it.....I'm not gonna complain one bit...It's understandable that you would need a little bit more humph in that Heavy Beast, BRING IT AND RUN IT....Do it.... :D

Erich,

I would suggest for next year's VONATs, to run V-thread tires in all the heavy metal trucks, V-thread tires are still being sold everywhere, not only would they look cool, it would be a challenge all on its own to get these truck around the track with these tires... 8)
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

tecnica2001 wrote: Erich,

I would suggest for next year's VONATs, to run V-thread tires in all the heavy metal trucks, V-thread tires are still being sold everywhere, not only would they look cool, it would be a challenge all on its own to get these truck around the track with these tires... 8)

LMAO! Thanks Freddy. I needed a chuckle today!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the reason i didn't answer any of your questions about a "true vintage" class was because by the time i had a chance to respond, you already came up with this pro stock class. so i figured why bother adding another one. i'm sorry, having a bunch of different classes doesn't make for a good show. that's my opinion, and i've been around long enough to know it's true.

i'll also point out that your original description of the pro stock class initially pissed me off. mainly because it would include 75% or more of the cars that already run in the 2wd class. i took it as...... now all of the cars that would normally run in 2wd will have to be in this pro stock class, with an OPEN motor rule. that OPEN motor rule, i'm not in favor of, and will not race that class because of it. and i wasn't going to go build a more "original" buggy just so i could race the 2wd/17.5 class. but now that reg has pointed out to you what the majority of the guys' cars look like (with some modern mods), and we can still run those types of cars in the 17.5 class, i'm over it.