Scr8p's shop

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Scr8p's shop

Post by scr8p »

it's getting there....
33.JPG
34.JPG
37.JPG

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

was this the original color of the car? What are you doing for interior restoration? Looks really good. That color helps hide the large quarters of that car.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ya, the orginal color of the car was red. he wanted it the med. teal. it is an original 68 gm color, though.

the interior is a med teal/light teal combo. it'll be done the same way as it would've be originally with the med. teal exterior.

here's a shot of the 1st headliner. unfortunately, we had to take it back out and get another one (you can see it hanging down in one of the previous pics). that's why the windshield and back glass aren't in it yet. it wasn't sewn correctly and we couldn't get the wrinkles out.... even steaming it. it's easier to do the headliner with the glass out. the seat vinyl and door panels are more or less the same color.
32.JPG
med. teal on the dash and rear package tray area. the kick panels are the med. teal aswell, just not installed yet.
31.JPG

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Why don't you do this kind of work on the stuff that I send ya? :?
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

you don't pay me enough. :lol:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

so is this repro stuff or are you actually restoring the original panels and interior? Just curious....

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

interior: new reproduction headliner, seat covers, carpet, door panels, package tray, window cranks, glove box liner, shift boots, dome light, rally pac gauges. everything else is restored original.

all of the wiring, front to back, is new. all of the door rubbers, window rubbers, truck rubber, all new. all of the date coded glass is new, too.

exterior: the only sheet metal available reproduction for the 68 olds is quarter skins. we use them as patch panels for around the wheel well. we only installed the whole skins on the gold 442 we did. everything else is repaired original. all of the stainless moldings are restored original. bumpers are rechromed originals.

there is some reproduction chrome pieces on this car because it's gonna be a driver. for his trailer queens, everything is rechromed original.

it would take a long time to really go through everything, but you get the idea. :wink:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yes, I definitely got where you are going..... 8) just was wondering how much ended up repro, since it's an olds, and the selection is a little less than say a chevy or pontiac.

I was also curious because I wanted to see how some of the repro stuff looked, at least in photo. Seems alot of it has been getting better, but it's still hit or miss. Your stuff looks awesome.....

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

scr8p wrote:you don't pay me enough. :lol:
I thought you LIKED day old big macs and slurpies ... :?
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

jwscab wrote:just was wondering how much ended up repro, since it's an olds, and the selection is a little less than say a chevy or pontiac.
as we draw down to the last 68 (5th in a row) that'll probably be done late this year, early next year, more stuff gets reproduced for them. so alot of what's coming does us no good. :lol:

Der Kommissar
Approved Member

Post by Der Kommissar »

Again Scr8p beautiful work. I have a Dune Buggy that needs paint... :mrgreen:
If it isn't broke, I haven't driven it yet.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

little update...

on monday, the striper that we had do the hand painted pin stripes on the hurst olds we did, he came up and did the black gt stripe on this car.
46.JPG
got the exhaust all finalized, gas tank installed, as well as the new driveshaft. for the most part, other than a piece of vent hose for the tank, and hooking up the backup light switch on the trans, and installing the inspection pan on the bellhousing, the bottom of the car is pretty much done.
52.JPG
49.JPG
exterior wise, it's pretty much done too. other than installing the front wheelwells. we want to get it running first before they go in, though. couple other little things (trunk lock, wiper arms, etc.) i have a set of wheels to paint yet, too.
47.JPG
44 (2).JPG
interior, waiting on a couple things. the new seat belts, a radio, and dash speaker (reason why the glove box liner and door isn't installed yet). the bottom of the rear seat isn't locked in yet since it'll have to come back out to put the seat belts in. i have to paint the steering wheel, too.
54.JPG
56.JPG
55.JPG
under the hood, we're still waiting on a new distributor, altenator, some belts (that fit), a lower raditaor hose, (that also fits), and some othe misc. items. hopefully we'll have all of that squared away sometime next week and we can get it fired up. :)
44 (3).JPG

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

we had to take a body off the frame today and needed room in the garage, so we pushed the car outside for the first time since it's together. took a couple pics.

yes, it's filthy. :lol:
57.JPG
61.JPG

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

Filthy? Looks fantastic to me!

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

What can you tell us about the vette parked in the other driveway?