The Official "What is it?" Thread

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: The Official "What is it?" Thread

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Bolink super sport i think.Ive had several in different stages over the years but memeory going lol.DON

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Thanks Scr8p!

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

I was visiting someone who has a shop and he showed me this little Beetle car. He don´t remember how old it is but he got this maybe 10-15 years ago from someone who had a distribution for model cars. According to the sticker at the body it might be a Laro car but also it is possible just a Laro sticker was used. I don´t know much on Laro just they made large scale cars, but maybe this is an early car.
Attachments
Laro maybe-1.jpg
Laro maybe-2.jpg
Laro maybe-3.jpg

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

V12 wrote:I was visiting someone who has a shop and he showed me this little Beetle car. He don´t remember how old it is but he got this maybe 10-15 years ago from someone who had a distribution for model cars. According to the sticker at the body it might be a Laro car but also it is possible just a Laro sticker was used. I don´t know much on Laro just they made large scale cars, but maybe this is an early car.
I've got about every Volkswagen related R/C car made and have never seen that one. Odd!
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

heretic
Approved Member

Post by heretic »

Jerzi wrote:I got pics from the -97 worlds and here is some weird looking car.
Do somebody now what it is.
Yoke maybe.
Jerzi

http://jerryn.kuvat.fi/kuvat/RC.AUTO+KUVAT/TEEMU+LEINO/IMG_1482.JPG
This was a German prototype, called " extreme" (If remember well ). Not related to "team xtreme", of course. The bevel gears are metal.
I'm pretty sure I saw other pictures of it in an old Auto 8 magazine, this was in a report from the LRP cup before they switched to TC, and at least 2 years before the tc3 was released. Or was it a Reedy race ? Note sure. Anyway I'm positive it was on indoor carpet. In the same report I remember seeing the first mid-motor buggy of my life, with a molded Cf chassis. Maybe not from the same guy(s)

And to think I can barely remember my phone number... *sigh

Good luck finding other info / pictures !

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

Got a few Delta things, I don't recall the applications or what they were. Good news is, I found them in the cool Delta box, dated 1993 :)

I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

wreckers

Post by wreckers »

Hi all, would anyone know what this could be?

thanks

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

V12 wrote:HPI had their own teardowns what also show HPI at the endbell. These were made by Sagami as Yokomo but had better airflow than the Yokomos in my opinion. The only other manufacturer using HPI teardowns for some time had been GM-Racing, at least saw no other until now. I´m not sure but I think I was posting a picture of HPI based GM-Racing motor.
I never saw a HPI motor using Air Supply teardown.
i'm wondering if you have any info of kyosho and AYK motor supply? i thought they are different with Sagami from how they looked but didn't get a right info yet

hyeong

wreckers

Post by wreckers »

8) thanks phin

m38joe
Approved Member

Post by m38joe »

I bought a new Tamiya Mad Bull kit for my son's birthday a few weeks ago & a bunch of old rc car parts. I loved my RC as a kid and hoped that my son, would feel the same. He really seems to be enjoying it with me. We've had a blast putting things together and seeing what we can get running again. We still have a lot to do. We're hoping to get enough cars running, so that my son and his 3 best buddies and myself, will have a car, to play with.

I have NO idea what this one is... This seems to be a well constructed, nitro something or other....anyone have any thoughts? To bad the different companies don't stamp their name onto these things :!:
Attachments
Dont know top.jpg
Dont know Bottom.jpg

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Duratrax maxximum bx,st or mt depending on tire size :mrgreen:

I'm going with bx buggy due to wing mounts
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

gomachv wrote:Duratrax maxximum bx,st or mt depending on tire size :mrgreen:

I'm going with bx buggy due to wing mounts
Yup, also known as a GV of some sort down here in the Southern Colonies...

Go back in this very thread to November 20th, 2012, and you'll see discussion of this chassis... or, search the forum for "Duratrax Maximum", and you'll see some of GMV's best work.

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

m38joe
Approved Member

Post by m38joe »

I will check it out. Never heard of them,but I've been out of rc cars for twenty some years.Thanks a bunch.

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

59burst wrote:
V12 wrote:HPI had their own teardowns what also show HPI at the endbell. These were made by Sagami as Yokomo but had better airflow than the Yokomos in my opinion. The only other manufacturer using HPI teardowns for some time had been GM-Racing, at least saw no other until now. I´m not sure but I think I was posting a picture of HPI based GM-Racing motor.
I never saw a HPI motor using Air Supply teardown.
i'm wondering if you have any info of kyosho and AYK motor supply? i thought they are different with Sagami from how they looked but didn't get a right info yet

hyeong
Kyosho had their own motor manufacturing facility. When they stopped making motors this was sold to Trinity so Trinity/Epic cans after the early Igarashi era are actually the successors of Kyosho cans.

For AYK it´s more difficult. AYK had been the first introducing a motor with replacable brushes (GZ1200) so it´s possible they also did make their cans. If not maybe Mabuchi was the source as the armature blanks are looking similar and different to Sagami.
This is for the early motors, I have no AYK motor newer than the GZ240/480 era so can´t say anything on these.