Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

R/Cat
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by R/Cat »

clm wrote:Well a used original in comparable condition to an assembled re-re will still cost more and be worth more then the re-re.. And you will happily take a re-re out and put your own first scratch in it... It will be the difference between having a heart attack and being proud of the scratch :)

Chris

Good point. I like to run my vintage cars and have very few "shelf queens" but I'd probably find it difficult if not impossible to justify running an original in comparable condition to a new assembled re-re. Therefore, most of the originals I watched sell on Ebay all summer, while in good shape, would make perfect runners because they were obviously NOT in comparable condition to a new-built re-re.

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

atarit3 wrote:Holy crap how did I miss this last week????

http://teamassociated.com/news/latest_products/1228-NEW_RC10_Classic_Accessories

Time to start my back-order!!!

Very cool. However when you have finished buying all the hops ups out there, from ae and other companies, you may as well have just gone the custom route from the start. This is what I ended up doing so every single part is exactly how I wanted.
GARBO 1/8

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

I noticed last night that Tower doesn't even have the RC10 Classic listed in the the 2014 Master Catalog. AFAIK the spreads are in cooperation with the manufacturers. You'd think they would have thrown it in there, being that virtually anyone who picks up a Tower Catalog knows what an RC10 is.

I just find it interesting.
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

knixdad wrote:I noticed last night that Tower doesn't even have the RC10 Classic listed in the the 2014 Master Catalog. AFAIK the spreads are in cooperation with the manufacturers. You'd think they would have thrown it in there, being that virtually anyone who picks up a Tower Catalog knows what an RC10 is.

Those catalogs are laid out and sent to print months ago, it probably wasn't announced or confirmed in time to make it.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

From the sounds of it demand is exceeding supply if Tower is limiting the number of cars you can buy.

It feels quite strange browsing Tower and seeing all the RC10 stuff. It is creating a delema in my head though, do you buy hard to get parts and mix them in with original parts or keep them totally seperate? Parts that you spent ages trying to track down are now available, which leaves mixed feelings.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

mix and match to your heart's desire. They are remanufactured, but who cares, they are made by the SAME guys. If the model was still being produced in volume, the parts would have eventually turned into these parts anyway as molds wore out and processes improved. Think of it as a stop/start production. I love it, no more stupid expensive parts except for the early-early edinger chassis parts.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

RC10th wrote:From the sounds of it demand is exceeding supply if Tower is limiting the number of cars you can buy.

It feels quite strange browsing Tower and seeing all the RC10 stuff. It is creating a delema in my head though, do you buy hard to get parts and mix them in with original parts or keep them totally seperate? Parts that you spent ages trying to track down are now available, which leaves mixed feelings.
I have been thinking the same thing. I don't really want to put a reproduction part or two on my restorations that I worked on so hard just to get it done. I am thinking about getting the black chassis parts and swapping the gold when the new kit comes though.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

I have a black 10T nose plate and black RPM 10T a arms and now I can finally get a black chassis and motor plate :wink:

And I got one RC10 Classic on order
I always wanted one of the early ones, but the 6 gear hassle had me think twice ...
However
I didn't have to think twice ...I didn't think at all...When the Classic was released
Morten Max

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

SnoopMaxx wrote:I have a black 10T nose plate and black RPM 10T a arms and now I can finally get a black chassis and motor plate :wink:

I always wanted one of the early ones, but the 6 gear hassle had me think twice ...
However
I didn't have to think twice ...I didn't think at all...When the Classic was released
I have only read the old manual and tuning guides in magazines, and from those I thought I never even wanted to see a 6-gear in person, but reading the new manual it looks much easier now. Not having to file each gear, grind the spine plate, align all the gears, etc. is probably a big part of that.

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

SteveK wrote:
knixdad wrote:I noticed last night that Tower doesn't even have the RC10 Classic listed in the the 2014 Master Catalog. AFAIK the spreads are in cooperation with the manufacturers. You'd think they would have thrown it in there, being that virtually anyone who picks up a Tower Catalog knows what an RC10 is.

Those catalogs are laid out and sent to print months ago, it probably wasn't announced or confirmed in time to make it.

I would agree with you if they had announced the car in September or August or even July. But they started letting the cat of the bag in May. If your marketing team can't get together a catalog spread in that much time, it's time to get a new marketing team.
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

SteveK wrote:
SnoopMaxx wrote:I have a black 10T nose plate and black RPM 10T a arms and now I can finally get a black chassis and motor plate :wink:

However
I have only read the old manual and tuning guides in magazines, and from those I thought I never even wanted to see a 6-gear in person, but reading the new manual it looks much easier now. Not having to file each gear, grind the spine plate, align all the gears, etc. is probably a big part of that.
Where's the fun in just screwing something together? Even with the newest kits I remove flashing, tap threads, clean all the teeth on every gear.

I guess I'm weird, but that's the part I enjoy, the mechanical process.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

knixdad wrote: Where's the fun in just screwing something together? Even with the newest kits I remove flashing, tap threads, clean all the teeth on every gear.

don't worry... most of the folks on this board are like you. When I read peeps saying it takes them 5hrs to build a car from scratch (RC10 classic or anything else) I just scratch my head in disbelief... takes me usually several dozen hours to get a racer in top shape from scratch ;) I guess I'm weird too... :lol:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

SteveK wrote:

However
Indeed
Your absolutely correct :lol:
Morten Max

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

Lonestar wrote:
knixdad wrote: Where's the fun in just screwing something together? Even with the newest kits I remove flashing, tap threads, clean all the teeth on every gear.

don't worry... most of the folks on this board are like you. When I read peeps saying it takes them 5hrs to build a car from scratch (RC10 classic or anything else) I just scratch my head in disbelief... takes me usually several dozen hours to get a racer in top shape from scratch ;) I guess I'm weird too... :lol:
I can't wait to crack open a RC10 again and sit there with my Daughter reading the manual and just taking my time assembling it
(already downloaded the manual and printed it out and organized them in plastic pockets)

My last few build has bin almost 96% custom fabricated parts
Morten Max

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

CamplinP wrote:
RC10th wrote:From the sounds of it demand is exceeding supply if Tower is limiting the number of cars you can buy.

I have been thinking the same thing. I don't really want to put a reproduction part or two on my restorations that I worked on so hard just to get it done. I am thinking about getting the black chassis parts and swapping the gold when the new kit comes though.

I have to agree because I'm nostalgic like that. Personally, I'd try not to mix re-re parts with an original car unless I didn't care about originality and my only motivation was to keep it running as inexpensively as possible (not the way I do things). However, in reality my first goal is always to keep an original car all-original with the second goal being to keep it running as inexpensively as possible which means repairing broken original parts or purchasing used original replacement parts. That said, I can also appreciate Jwscab's logic behind mixing the two.